1944-55

1955-1960

1960-62

1970-71

1976-77

Newer ones now posted below
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2010-12-17 22:48 ]

Nice! Stamps are great time capsules. I have one from Samoa with the German Reich flag waving on it...

Bigbrotiki:
Cool! I couldn't find that one in my collection;here's an early 40's with the maltese cross on top

I'll try to find the one you are talking about. There's just so damn many....

Samoa was only under German "protection" (i.e. exploitation) from 1899 until 1914 (so was Palau, the Marianas, the Marshall and the Caroline Islands, plus part of New Guinea), a belated attempt to become a colonial power, before they really went overboard...but the influx of primitive art had an inspiring effect on the German avantgarde (like the Expressionists)...

...looking at that stamp again, it does not have any postage or text on it, so it might be some kind of food stamp or something.

Here are some more Maori New Zealand stamps I picked up. Most are newer.

Buzzy Out!

WOW....those are awesome!!!

Great collection! I used to have a lot of the older stamps you have when I collected stamps as a boy (unfortunately that collection is now long gone...)

The following is a new book that includes NZ Maori and tiki stamps and features various enlarged, good-quality images of tiki-oriented stamps that would be suitable for framing:

http://www.craigpotton.co.nz/products/published/books/bookartscrafts/itsinthepost

CN

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

[ Edited by: Club Nouméa 2010-12-17 19:42 ]

[ Edited by: Club Nouméa 2010-12-17 19:46 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies