Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Are we going underground again?

Pages: 1 2 52 replies

T

Sabu once again wins for best image ever!

Of course he does, have you seen his binders full of images?! Mind boggling.
I think, for me the excitement of discovering something new has faded. And it's faded because we've discussed, cataloged, and found just about everything (famous last words). Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna be giving away my Trader Vic SB decanter or Mainlander mug or anything like that... I think Sven's new book should help to revitalize the situation (for me anyways).
It was great to see everyone at Sam's for the farwell party but even that didn't seem to have the same amount of excitement as other past events. I think that's what MM is kinda getting at.

T

Come to think of it, what a boon to the hardcore's it would be if interest faded for a while. The insurgence of 'used' tiki-bilia at the thrift stores would be a welcome change (Vancouver is DRY for anything tiki at the thrifts. In fact, I can't find anything tiki ANYWHERE around town, even the kitsch shops. Well, one Value Village had a 2-foot tall tiki mask {Phillipine, I believe} a couple weeks back, but were asking $150 for it. I didn't omit any decimals there, either.)...

This topic needs more cartoons!
-Toontoonz

Pages: 1 2 52 replies