Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

McTiki ** New pics 02/03 New Mask!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies

TG

Looking good there bro'. Looking forward to some more updates!

I agree, Isleconch needs his own thread. No offense Isle. Start your own and let's see some more pics!

Hey...that's true, I didn't realize I was in your thread Mc. Well I started one with my pumpkin carvings...so later i'll do general carving stuff. Thanx for the info.

M

Done carving! Pre-stain shots...Alot gets lost in the sunlight without the stain. It's so white!

It was a fun carve! (Thanks Gary :))

Mahalo

McTiki

Beauty!

Loving the feet!

Whatcha gonna stain it?

M

Thanks Lake ! I'm thinkin Early American stain.

Mahalo

McTiki

T

On 2006-10-30 14:07, McTiki wrote:
...I'm thinkin Early American stain.

Man! That's gonna look great. The grain is fantastic and it came out very nicely after sanding!

TG

SWEET! Great job, now finish it up!!!!!! We're waiting......

Them tiki trees keep sproutin up all over your yard, McTiki. Good thing you decorated the property to match them. It would have looked funny if you would have made a C+W Bar out there and an eight foot KU sprouted. Good call!
Buzzy

H

That thing's lookin' good McT. I like the stacked head concept--yea, hurry up and put some stain on it, I almost had a cramp in my cornea gazing at that fresh white pine.

PS-I like your foam pumpkin template designs too! (snork, snork)

nice work on this one McTiki, the body has a bit of a witco look to it (to me) and I think the
grain will really stand out. Also like your tiki on the fence post, looks like it might be
made out of plywood. Something a little different.

Nice piece. Should look even nicer post-staining!

A-A

B

McTiki, Excellent looking stuff. One of these daze, we gotta get together for some carvimng and fun, or just some fun.

M

Done

5 different color stains + 2 coats of poly

Thanks for all of the props. I need a pallet of this stuff. Unfortunately the MerTikis have been so popular that I have to carve 2 more (Palm)

Ben, I would be humbled just to watch you carve. Thanks for your support kind sir.

Mahalo

McTiki

[ Edited by: McTiki 2006-11-04 11:09 ]

B

McTiki, you're getting Cooler by the day. I Love the last one here and his Toe Nai9ls are dangerous weapons.. I Lokee.
Come on down anytime, Seriously

I

Wow Mc.. great Tiki.

T

The color is great and the toes - are very cool. Nice work!

B

Hey Mctiki,

I've been walking through your post and the totem is really good.
I've loved the first tiki on the first pge of the post and the eyes are wonderful.

What are you workin' on now?

Ben

M
McTiki posted on Sat, Feb 3, 2007 9:39 AM

Mr Marq just got all tidied up. He is now a mask.

Mahalo

McTiki

B

Beautiful, simply.

Benjamin.

TD

looks awsome. great work.

M
McTiki posted on Sat, Feb 3, 2007 8:29 PM

Thanks Benella and Duddy. Your stuff rocks! Thanks for the props!

This didn't really count as a new carving in and of itself. It was a modification of an existing carving. The body was clearly broken, so I hacked him into smaller proportions.

Mahalo

McTiki

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies