Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Original "Zombie Love" lowest price for hand painted tiki EVER

Pages: 1 18 replies

T

New! Ebay link at top

:right:So I am painting another mug. I was so glad to see the DvA mugs and would have loved to been one of the artist to paint a mug, or even be able to afford one of the mugs. So this way, I am killing two birds with one stone. I get to paint a mug, and this one is affordable.

Its almost finished and I don't think that I will be able to wait until its finished to post. I don't think that I will put this one on Ebay. Most of the good tiki art collectors are probably TikiCentral members and I would like to see it go to a good home. And if it doesn't sell, I don't mind holding on to it.

So the mug isn't complete but that is the good part. I was going to add more elements to the hat and leave a space for the new mug owner to add their personal touch there. So, the winner of the piece, will be able to decide what they want painted to the back.

The piece looks like a crazy comic book zombie. I used the colors and line-work from Rat Fink but since the original mug was a Ape Mug, it totally came out something different, something better. The line-work is straight from the Rat but used in a little different placement and maybe size. I will post a picture later today but if you are interested in it now, PM me.

This truly one of a kind piece of lowbrow art will show-up the other mugs in your collection and other collector's collections. If you want to post it on a mug collectiing site, you wont see it in another guys collection. I'm never doing an ape mug again, partly because I bought out the shop that was in my neighborhood and because their are other projects that I would pursue next -Only commissions maybe. So get this only piece in the world, never to be made again. Tiki Mug, Rat Fink, Zombie Love, Art Piece.

Oh yeah, Price. Its going to be around $200, slashed down to the low low price of $150. For a limited time only Tikicentral member will receive addition discount of $61 dollars off, making the price $99 and maybe a deal can be worked out farther.

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-07-27 15:55 ]

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-08-07 10:50 ]

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-08-09 19:31 ]

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-08-15 15:21 ]

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-08-23 10:23 ]

Lets see those Pix!

T

I should do a little build up but the finish pics probably will be in a few days anyways. I will probably get a lot of the finishing touches on it tomorrow and then if someone wants to add this 1 of 1 mug to their home, I will add the collector's personal touch to it.

Will also trade for a cool mug and even original art. The thing about art is that I can make my art all day long, but I can't make the art that comes from another person's hand.

A process shot (well all are progress still)

fuzzy shots at the moment

a bad photo of a close-up

Still going to do some changes to little things and of course finish it.

Tell me what you think. Love to hear that stuff.

V

Creepy! And I love creepy!

What kind of paint do you use?

VanTiki

Hell Yeah!!! Diggin it! Do these do anything for ya!!

These are all sold, but I have more that will be ready in acouple days.
I'd definitely swop for a few and a mug. Pm me. Holla! fB

T

Freddie, thanks for your interest in Zombie Love. Hey, your tiki pendents look freakier than my mug.
Van, Love those skull mugs of your. Pretty much every other mug maker's mugs are just prints where as yours are original artwork. To answer your question I used acrylic paint on top of paint for glass, on top of prep. glass. There are four shade of color in the teeth and five shades of color in the green.

I will be away from the computer for two days but everyone still feel free to PM me and leave your commits. Thanks!

T

Well I finished the last remaining pieces. I guess that my camera doesn't capture the great detail that I would like it too but this mug is so much more stunning in person.

I made this mug to try out new ideas and to sell when I was finished. I would keep it but I have my FOM mug for myself. The offer still stands for a TC member to grab it up or then tomorrow after 7pm (4pm TC time) I'll placing it on Ebay to see if anyone is interested. The only thing I still have to do is make a card for it and I probably will just do that freehand cause my printer is not working.

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-08-07 10:51 ]

T

holy crap this photos are huge. I guess shutterfly did all the resizing for me.

could not get a good pic of all the small painted stich work

signed in gold (paint)

I will have to see about shrinking down the photo sizes but I wanted to get the pictures out their because of the Ebay deadline.

To me, this is artwork but instead of the traditional canvas I used a mug because thats what I'm into.

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Aug 9, 2006 7:30 PM

So its on the Bay. My plan is to produce a production mug in the near future. Here is your chance to score a original tiki mug from me before they all become molded.

I made up this mug signature card with an original ink and acrylic paint.

I am also throwing in a free mini ink picture of the mug. You will have to buy the mug to see the painting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiki-mug-Ape-glass-Original-art-Juxtapoz-Shag-Monster_W0QQitemZ300016251060QQihZ020QQcategoryZ29460QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Look for the picture with the big eyeball.

T

Just over a day left. I believe that the auction is over at (tikicentral time) 7:00 sharp or 10:00 my east coast time.
I see that Crazy Al's mug is doing good. If you think that you want to get a warm up bid in before the other Ape goes up or maybe the other is over your price range try mine.

T

Less then two hours go here

T

UPDATE Ok, So I wanted see whatt my art could go for and I still want to see. Its actually one of the better mugs in my collection but I made this mug to see the world and I still think that is the way to go.

The beauty on the paint can't be captured on film but the winner of this mug will have to tell me what they think when they are holding it in their hands. I do hope that it goes to a TikiCentral member.

Call me Crazy but I'm going to action it off at an unbelievable price. Anyone will have a chance to win some art. I'm going to post it later tonight on Ebay (the fairest way) for $.99 with zero reserve. I can't even remember even seeing a Tikifarm mug go for less than the asking price.

let's see what happens.

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Sep 6, 2006 7:16 PM

THE LOWEST PRICE FOR TIKI ART ANYWHERE

Well, I didn't list it 14 days ago because no one even cared to reply to what I am doing.

Well, I guess that over the last 14 days, I came to the conclusion that I don't care. Somebody is going to want one of the best mugs and someone is going to want the best deals that I have ever witnessed. And for me, I want to see what happens. Should be fun.

So welcome all and step right up. At this price, everyone can be a winner.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK The mug or the price or anything on your mind.

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Sep 6, 2006 7:47 PM

so far its selling to a bidder for the great price of .99 cents. the current Ebay link is the one near the bottom. The top one is for the last listing. I probably will change that later. :drink:

..just wondering what you use to treat the glazed ceramic before painting it....do you scuff the surface at all, sand blast it or use a chemical?...it's been my experience with painting mugs without treating the glaze i found causes the paint to flake and fall off over time. especially with exposeure to fluctuations in temperature......primer doesn't work either....somrthing to think about before angry customers start calling you in a month or so wondering what happened to their mug.....something about the glaze just doesn't want anything to adhere to it once it's been fired.....how about it, holden, any suggestions since you are the ceramic king of tiki farm??

also, the mugs used in gallery shows that artists paint are usually unglazed greenware, which absolutely loves paint!! i found that only pinstripe paint tends to adhere to mugs that were already glazed....but that's probably because it's taking up less surface area as opposed to covering the whole mug...

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2006-09-07 10:27 ]

teakey,

when you list a mug for a high starting price people tend to not bid at all. If you start it with a low price(such as 99 cents) folks won't be afraid to bid.

Many e-bayers won't bid until the last few minutes of an auction. I would suggest exactly what you've done - a shorter auction of 7 days or less with a low starting bid. This way it may work up to a bidding fever!

I really like this mug and may bid, now that the starting price is way low, and I don't have to wait 2 weeks for the auction to end.

I think it's easier to be an e-bay seller after you've been an e-bay buyer.

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Sep 8, 2006 7:21 AM

THE LOWEST PRICE FOR TIKI ART ANYWHERE

Tipsy-I did treat the glazed ceramic before painting it. I prepared the surface so that the paint would have something to anchor to. I also laid down a glass paint as a primer to the acyclic. In a months time, the paint looks as good as the day it was done. I painted Zombie Love a month ago. I painted another mug that I have on my shelf two months ago. This mug is more of a display art piece. I would think that this mug will last as long as any painting. I would love to have a unglazed Tikifarm mug. It would save them money and time.

Tikiwahine, thanks for liking my mug.

I also threw a couple of Munktiki stacker mugs on. I'm making room for and alittle calms for some new tiki art that I'm looking at. So, I'm not losing any tiki mana.
Stuckie
Paul

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-09-08 07:23 ]

T

Less than 24 hours to go on the Love Mug. A link is at the top on the last picture. Thanks everyone.

T

under twelve hours to go for the stackers. Sold out on MUnktiki's site.

Cheaper than Munktiki sold them for and if you buy them both, you can stack father on top of son or place son above his pop.

Plus, the Zombie Love found a loving home. This original painted mug sold $55 dollars cheaper than some retail production mugs. :)

Pages: 1 18 replies