Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Seattle: Jet City Junket ~ You Tube Video Posted pg.8

Pages: 1 2 3 114 replies

Hi Everybody!

I recognize some of you all from the crazy art opening, afterparty and home bar tours! I love looking at all the pictures, as we couldn't get to all the events.

JoDavid and I made a few pages of the events we were able to go to. We loved being able to meet everyone and we hope we see you all again soon!

Click HERE to view more photos of Tiki Art Now!

Cheers,

Marlow & JoDavid

[ Edited by: Miss Marlow 2006-09-25 00:38 ]

I returned from France to pack up our belongings and discovered
that our house had been broken into and all tiki related items have
been removed. At the scene of the crime I found a few clues: a used
comb covered in hair pomade, a broken ceramic monkey, two marlboro
cigarette butts with red lipstick, a leather whip, a half eaten moon pie,
a guitar pick and a red latex glove. Can anyone help me solve this dastardly crime?

On 2006-09-25 18:31, tiki-riviera wrote:

I returned from France to pack up our belongings and discovered
that our house had been broken into and all tiki related items have
been removed. At the scene of the crime I found a few clues: a used
comb covered in hair pomade, a broken ceramic monkey, two marlboro
cigarette butts with red lipstick, a leather whip, a half eaten moon pie,
a guitar pick and a red latex glove. Can anyone help me solve this dastardly crime?

Obviously the cat.

It was NOT the cat.

I suspect it was either the monkey

Or the dog

Exoticat --

is this the little Tiki sign you lost off your hat?

I found it in my bed! It must have fallen off somehow, but how it got there, I sure don't know.

How can I get it back to you?

A few more pics - from the moment vault:

A krispie moment

A totem moment

A mantle moment

An archway moment

A tabletop moment

A tower-of-heads moment

A paint-by-number moment

[ Edited by: Eddy Brazil 2006-11-10 12:01 ]

E

Hello, Miss Marlow! :)

First of all, welcome to Tiki Central! Thanks so much for the links to your pages...loved them and glad you took a minute to share that info.

Yes, that is my missing Tiki Lounge sign! I took the ferry on Saturday as a passenger on foot so that I didn't have to drive and as a result carried all my goodies (including the fez when not in use) in my backpack. At your party, my backpack was on your bed. Now how it fell off there is a mystery...was someone being naughty on your bed in my fez when I wasn't looking??? :::Looks around at Seattle people to see if there's any guilty faces::::: Sounds like yet another mystery to add to the Riviera Case.

I will PM you with my address. I have a replacement one, but it's apple green and doesn't show up as well so I really want the blue. I will send you a surprise in return for your act of kindness. Thanks!!!

Edited to add that I should probably be staring intently into the eyes of Canadians, the usual suspects, first.

[ Edited by: Exoticat 2006-09-26 18:47 ]

E

I also lost a Tiki on Friday night and I'm sad about it.

Take pity on me and read my old post and the legend behind my now missing tiki:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=12526&forum=5&vpost=133068

I am offering a reward of up to 20 Cocktail Demons (as seen on my Fez) for the return of this tiki! Imagine what you could do with those!

Mahalo.

R

More Pictures!

Bottoms Up!

Seattle's landmark drink!

Seamus...nice work!

More pics to come!

P

MANY belated thanks to Elicia for organizing a great weekend, jam-packed with fun festivities !! Thanks so much also to Woofmutt, Tikiwahine for bartending, all the hosts & hostesses, and everyone else involved to make the whole weekend so much fun. Many Mahalos !!

On 2006-09-26 18:42, Exoticat wrote:

Edited to add that I should probably be staring intently into the eyes of Canadians, the usual suspects, first.

[ Edited by: Exoticat 2006-09-26 18:47 ]

Who??? Don't you know us Canadians are sweet, polite and honest? We'd never do anything like that....never, I tell you. Right Dogbytes?!

Oh! And also someone left a really cool card case at our house. Please email me or call to claim, 206-329-3795.

And JoDavid and I also posted some photos of the home bar tour that Terence Gunn organized a few months ago: http://www.seattledreamhomes.com/PageManager/Default.aspx/PageID=1917837&NF=1

S

ELICIA ROCKS
and so does
MARLOW!!!!
Luv, Pea

At long last, after grueling hours slaving over a hot keyboard.......

the world premiere of "Jet City Junket...the movie"

please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VzbHUYKX2Y

to experience the thrills, chills, spills and oddities only whispered about in polite society

watch supposedly fully grown adults indulge in games never before captured on video, see humans caged in horrible conditions, watch top of the food chain animals consume mass quantities.

your mileage may vary

D

wow ~ great video...although i'm afraid what might have ended up on the editing floor!
thanks for capturing the esscence of the day, and the capture of Poi Polloi ~ that wild beast!!

if anyone has still shots on a photo sharing site, i need a few pix to complete my scrapbook.. email me and let me know.

elicia

W

"...if anyone has still shots on a photo sharing site, i need a few pix to complete my scrapbook.. email me and let me know." -Dogbytes-

Mrs Bytes: I ordered several 8X10 reprints directly from the Seattle Police Department. Copies of all their mug shots are available for 2 years after the initial booking, 5 years if the subject is convicted. The shots of the Canadians came out particularly well. They all smiled (I have no idea what they thought was going on) and because of the harsh light you could hardly see their cuts or black eyes.

Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pictures and YouTubes. Loved TraderPup in action!!!

T

Kewl! I'll take three!

S

wheeeeee, fun video!

Pages: 1 2 3 114 replies