Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Oli-Oli-Kakaka-PuPule are HERE!!!! For Reals this Time! No Joke! pg 8! 8/15! yippee!

Pages: 1 2 3 125 replies

CA

jeeeeeeeeeess... luuuuuuuweeeeeeeeezzzzz... i caint keep up with this fricken lost boy and squidly monster... they pump out tiki make head spin... wish i was a bit less lazy now-a-days....
anyway... here i go looking like a follower cause it took so long to get off my ass and make these... more gold here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=20050&forum=12&start=60

you artist types Rock!!!!! more faster better!!! keep it kumming! I Love It!!! nice work ALL!!

Thanks Guys! and gal!
and again,thanks Bif!
i wish these derned mugs wouldn't take so long,but Holden and i agree that
something this special should be worth taking the time to get it PERFECT!
So, in order to keep hope alive as well as keeping these three mugs on
your minds,I present to you,"Oli-Oli,Kakaka,and PuPule" An open line 9x12 print
on Heavy gloss card stock.It Sha-zings! This is an illustration of the faces of the 3 mugs
a chance to get acquainted with these fellows before the actual mugs arrive...
(they should be out around late spring/early summer!)I went open line with these prints
so they would be affordable to anyone.While it's true they're not numbered,they will be signed
(front or back of print-i prefer the back) and i can even doodle a little tiki or something on there
to make you all fuzzykins inside! While this isn't a limited edition,I only printed 300,and will never print it again in 9x12,,,I may do a reeeeeeeeeal bigger one with black flocking for the black,but that's a future fancy....so you will have a 9x12 print (1 0f only 300 in the world) of the most unique
and special mugs in the world! Plus, I'll sign the back like we talked about earlier...Does this sound too good to be true? Well, wait til you hear the price! Only $12 US dollars my friend! ($15 will take care of shipping and maybe a few leftover cents towards my cigarette fund!) Anyways, just thought I'd offer these BEFORE the mugs to all my TC friends! The calm before the Storm....Thanks Gang!
So if you like it and want it....PM me! Mahalo!

T

Sweeet, but not purple enough

that's Pu-pule-not purple! :)

Wow indeed. And I thought Crazy Al's style was ornate! I would like to quote two paragraphs I wrote in my new book about William Westenhaver:

"....two more peculiarities of Westenhaver’s personal style become apparent: A penchant for cartoonish doodlings and line drawings; and the need to fill every inch of space with them. This obsession is referred to as horror vacui, literally translated as “fear of empty space”, and is often found in the works of so-called outsider artists..."

(side note for those who might not know: "outsider art" is a respected art genre nowadays)

"...As Paul Gauguin remarked about the Marquesan artifacts he saw after relocating there from Tahiti: “The basis of this art is the human body or face. The face especially. You’re astonished to find a face where you thought there was a strange geometrical figure.
Always the same thing and yet never the same thing..."

That these designs are not quite to my personal taste is besides the point, because their intensity and execution demands utmost respect, even from a traditionalist! They remind me of the intricate designs on late Maori houses, or in Marquesan tatoo designs.

hot damn! licks my computer screen

Lookin great as always, LLT!! I will hollar at ya..been busy. U still gots the most indepth designs...Keep kickin it. fB

J

WOW!!! :o
I got my print today! So much detail and character! I'm getting another so I can keep one at work too! :D

Don't judge this print by the pic on your screen (although it rocks too), but get one in your hands and experience these characters for yourself! For all you Ken Ruzic fans who thought you wouldn't be able to afford a piece of his art, these are really affordable and an amazing example of what his art is about!
Makes me even more anxious for the mugs to come out, if that was possible!! Great work Kinny!!! Cheers :drink:

Hi folks!
Sorry for the delay,but good mugs take time,as I'm slowly learning....
But first.let's chat a minute
Bigbrotiki,
Wow! Thanks for checking out my humble mugs and art.Horror Vacui and Outsider artist,heard those two terms a lot during this 17 year painting spree, in fact,back in 90-91 I was invited to participate in a show at the Irvine Fine Arts Center entitled "Beyond the Mainstream" It was all about self-taught artists and artists who avoided the big gallery cliques and listened to that inner-voice..Great show!I got a dremel for Christmas and have been practicing for a Maori Meeting House filled with faces and figures....Thanks again for the visit.I am humbled!
Pocky-don't lick your computer screen! It produces static electricity!
Freddy-Thanks buddy! For everything! Can't wait to party with you!
Jen-thanks! I'm glad you like your print! When you get the mugs you can put them in front of it and they'll think it's a mirror!
Well, it looks like the decals are in and look great! We decided to go with a
lil bit different pallette than originally planned.An evolution of sorts....The
main problems with decals ids that you start out with the right colors,waterslide it
onto the mug,glaze over it and fire.just as glazes oft-times change color-the same with the decals....But we nailed it! Thanks Holden!
Here are the shots of the Pupule decals.....

The photos aren't totally accurate...goldish would be the best description...
The colors go perfectly with the brown of the mug! Yippee!
I'll post the other 4 soon! Thanks for looking!

Fantastic, LLT!!! Can't wait to see the others.

• Myke

all I can say is one word...gottaloveit! :o
where's the line to order?
K.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hellooooooo, it's mid-May

a little bird told me that
OliOli KaKaKa and Pupule
will be premiering at the
Big Ol' Tiki Bash...
(editor's note:the release date was moved up)

i hope you're as excited as i is! :)

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-08-11 18:58 ]

Ooooooooooooooh, UH OH...wet myself?!! :roll: :blush: :lol:

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

The fine details really cut through on these mugs. Great job!

Your Pleas and Whines have gone unanswered long enough!The Mugs are here and ready to occupy Tiki bars all over the planet!
Thought up and drawn by yours truly,sculpted by that Master Artisan Squid,and produced and checked and double-checked by Holden...they are nothing short of
You can get these beauties at http://www.tikifarm.com
And here they are!

Oops! wrong one....that was GROG's sad,but beautifully realized attempt to cash in on the mug craze....
Okay....let's try again!
wahines and kane may i introduce you to......Oli-Oli

Look! They can even levitate! :D
the front is highly hyper-detailed with tikis within tikis within tikifaces! Even the handles
are covered in tikis! like Gremlins,but without the bad hair! And if that's not enough, Holden and I took a chance and decided to give you all the equivalent of 2 fine art prints glazed into raised medallions on the sides! (these were a bear to get the colors and everything just how we wanted 'em-but good things come to those who wait! They're ZA-ZING!

Oli’Oli is 9” in height and holds 22 oz.
Oli-Oli means "Very Happy" by the way....
a 22 oz. Mai-Tai will make anybody happy i imagine :D:D:D
Here's a better view of the 2 tropical palm scenes on this happy happy mug!

next up is KaKaKa,which means "Long-Breathed god of.....i forgot! (some PLACE...)
hence the blowing "O" of the mouth.

The breath to me represents the breath of life and especially, creativity. So I put two phases of creativity on the sides....

the gentle rush of the waterfall,and the violent,explosive burst of an idea...

Kakaka measures 8” in height and holds a commanding 34 oz.
Major Coffee Buzz! Now i only have to drink 3 cups of coffee on my days at the studio!
And last,but surely not least,is Pupule!

Pupule means "crazy,reckless,wild" I just decided to picture him the moment before he goes crazy,with all the anger and emotion seething inside of him!

(He also captures the grumpy look i wear every morning before slogging off to work!)

On the sides i pictured two cannibal/headhunter huts,mostly because eatin people and shrinking heads is pretty crazy,reckless,and wild,y'know?
Pupule is 7” in height and holds 26 oz....that's a lotta beer for you Bamboo Bens out there!

And no set of mugs would be complete without a 9x12 open line print of the fronts of these babies! Display it with your mugs,or anywhere that needs a little sprucing up!printed on a heavy gloss stock!
They are signed and I'll even write a little something on the back if you want!
They're $15 and the price includes shipping! I only made 300 of these and already
sold around 50,so ACT NOW! before they run out! :lol:
If you'd like one,shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]
thanks so much to all of you for your enthusiastic and friendly comments!
i hope you all like these mugs because i would like to do some more of them
for the ohana in the future! :)
And Thanks again and again to Holden and Squid for helping make this dream come true!

R

yrdtufyiguhoijop

^^^
...was my initial reaction when I saw the pics you posted of these awesome mugs!
HOLY CACA BATMAN! I need to buy some!

save me one of each! pretty please! at least until I get mah paychecky!

No Dibs!
Actually, I think there's a big enough run that we won't run out at least for a couple of weeks! If any of youse end up at Oasis,and I see ya and you have these mugs,you get a free hug AND I'll sign 'em for ya with my trusty sharpie! :D

Already got my set ordered from Flat Earth Trading, and will pick them up at Tiki Oasis. They were the first to announce them being available, so I JUMPED. Can't wait to see them in person, LLT! Hope to see you around TO this weekend.

Aloha,
Myke

G
GROG posted on Thu, Aug 16, 2007 8:10 AM

They're OK, but don't you have any in pastel colors? Now THAT would HOT!!!

K
Kitty posted on Thu, Aug 16, 2007 9:52 AM

What a fine trio this is! Kudos big time to LLT and to Squid for sacrificing his eyes to bring these to life. You both rock.

Ordered!!

R

I forgot I got paid last night!
already placed an order for three!
wee! :D

Mahalos to all of you! It was such a joy to see the mugs being used by folks at Oasis!!!!
I do feel sorry for them if they finished their MaiTais in them! Yikes!
That's a lotta Booze!
Thanks to you all!
And especially to Squid and Holden!
When (or if) i ever grow up,i want to be just like them!

Uh...maybe i should be careful what i wish for......
:lol:

Hi Kinny, sorry I missed you at the oasis! I did get the set and they are so cool in person. Great job!

Amy

Exquisite Ken. Definitely the hottest selling TF mugs at the Freaky Boutiki right now. Gotta see these babies in person to really appreciate the way light moves across their incredibly detailed surfaces.

i was totin' kakaka around all weekend at oasis. it got more comments than my shirts! i probably sold a hunnert mugs for ya! i was with kinny when he first saw the mugs at tiki farm. here's his reaction.

B

Excellent looking stuff there LLT, Congrats again.

B

LLT....Thanks for popping over at Oasis and putting your paw print on my set of these righteous drinking vessels...you, Squidy, and Holden are knock out tag team partners! These won't sit on a shelf Bro....I use-um.

Z
Zaya posted on Tue, Aug 21, 2007 8:00 AM

Hey, I even got a picture of that! :)

It's an amazing mug, I'm glad I got to see it!

Zaya

Pages: 1 2 3 125 replies