Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Decanter - name him & win 1 free!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 223 replies

On 2006-11-13 09:12, tikiace wrote:
Which one won?

That's what I was wondering also?

So here's the math that Holden is struggling through now, very loosely approximated, there are 13 pages on this thread x approximately 12 post per page x approximately 5 guesses on the average per post that's a total of AT LEAST 780 names :o that Holden is going through, not to mention all of the people who came up with a name that had already been stated a page or two before!

This may take until the decanter is ready for release! :P

B

Ah, that should be No Problem for the likes of Holden, He Should be able to fly through that list in one or two, umm, ahh, Months? fun fun

T

Well if The name is chosen, and its a repeat, all the have to do is a once through before the name that they like was typed.

By the way, did anyone use Shrived Shrunk. Thought of that last night.

Hi,
I've gone through the posts and I've got it down to 10. I'm gonna review 'em with Donny and get his take on all of them. We should have the results in the next few days. Big Mahaloz for all that participated!
Holden

Dirty Donny's mystical chalice of power could possibly be named "Tomb of Spirits".

[ Edited by: robshirley 2006-11-19 11:05 ]

As soon as I hear back from Donny, we'll announce the winner! We're giving out a 1st runner-up prize and then a prize for 3rd, 4th and 5th place finishers, too. Here's the prize breakdown...

Mahaloz!
Holden

N

Those are the coolest prizes ever. Thanks Holden and Donny!

[ Edited by: net-tiki 2006-11-22 16:54 ]

I want a prize, I like prizes. :lol:

So, when all is said and done, where can we get those cool striped shirts? (Not to mention the other neat stuff pictured).

You can get some of that stuff at http://www.dirtydonny.com

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2006-11-23 14:00 ]

Cant wait to see who was the lucky winner(s)...And I get a chance to meet DD @ Mooneyes....sweet! Although I dont think my 65 will be finished with paint, I'll still try to attend!

B

Any Winners yet? Gotta keep the pressure on. :)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 30, 2006 8:18 AM

What? Is this thread still around? GROG thought this was over like a month ago or so.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 30, 2006 8:31 AM

Helo Tiki Sentrl,

MaykDeMug here with new contest. Come up with new title 4 this thred and MaykDemug give out prize for best title.

Sinseerly,

GRO--oops! MaykDe Mug

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 30, 2006 8:46 AM

YAY!! New contest. Here's GROG titles:

*Name this Decanter and we'll anounce a winner in 2008.
*Let's have a contest and get people excited and wait until everybody has forgotten about it or lost interest to anounce a winner.
*All your entries suck and we can't pick out a name so we're not going to anounce one and we're taking back the prizes.

• What were we talking about again?
  • Damned Attention Deficit Disorder!
    *Contest? What contest?
    *Whatever happened to that shrunken head decanter we made 5 years ago?
    *I feel like I'm forgetting something.
    *Damned early onset senility!
  • What were we talking about again?
  • Hey! We should have a contest to name this decanter! What? We did? Who won?

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-11-30 08:48 ]

Let's rename this thread:
"Go Bug some other thread Lazy GROG! Holden and Donny are very Busy Men!"
Don't you have a Tonga Hut Show to organize???? :lol:

Hey, I want to thank you all for names and ideas as well as your patents!
Holden will be posting the winner shortly.
Donny

N

Holden busy? He only has to get like a bizillion mugs done by years end, can't he just use his Mystical Magical Tiki Powers to get 'em done and then go take a nap?

Seriously, these guys DON'T HAVE TO give any of us squat, so when they get to it they get to it, and let's ALL APPRECIATE(aka try not to whine)it when the do!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 30, 2006 2:31 PM

Yes, GROG organizing Tonga Hut show, but it going very smoothly since GROG dealing with true professional artists this time who aren't high maintenance with alot of attitude and have to be coddled. :)

P.S. Holden's a friend, so GROG is just bustin'-his-balls a bit.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-11-30 14:34 ]

I was gonna hold off on announcing 'til I was as bald as Grog, but thought it'd be best not to keep you all waiting!

Okay, there are A LOT of names that would be great for this fellow. Yes, I'm gonna do more of these contests in the future because it's fun & it just makes sense!

So Dirty Donny and I FINALLY got in touch with each other today. We compared notes, discussed the "retail viability" of names (fun names are great but also, I will absolutely sell mugs to our retailers with any name so don't worry about being pc) and just laughed at a lot of the entries (good chuckles - a lot of funny names).

So here we go. Drum roll please...

Grand Prize Winner: "The Unlucky Tourist" by Tiki Tonga
First Runner-Up: "Don of the Dead" by Dibroc
3rd Place: "Dirty Shrunken Bastard" by teaKey
4th Place: "Don Wrinkles" by Net Tiki
5th Place: "Heads Up!" also by Net Tiki

Since Net Tiki won 2 sets of swizzle sticks, we decided to add a 6th place winner to win a set as well....

6th Place: "Bone Head" by Benzart

Now, Tiki Tonga - email me ([email protected]) with your shirt size and information. Everybody else, please confirm their complete information (name, address, zip, tel) via email as well.

Congratulations Tiki Tonga and all of the rest of the winners! I'll have another naming contest sometime around January, 2007.

Mahaloz!
Holden

N

Will I didnt win the 1st place prize, but I am more than happy to win the 4th and 5th. Thanks Holden and Donny. Congrats to Tiki Tonga for the win and to the other winners as well. Looking foward to the next contest Holden.

B

YEAH, Way to go Tiki Tonga, makes you want to stay home for vacations.
Thanks Holden and Donny for an Excellent Contest, can't wait til the next one!
HappyHappyHappy.

T

So close to winning a mug, but very happy to get one below. Happy to get the new orange TikiFArm Swizzle sticks. I first thought that Shrunken Bastard was a little hard with the words and then thought, thats part the name of one of the all time mugs.

I'm just glad that I was apart of the naming process like all the other TC members that got to play along.

Hey, when I buy mine, can I get the Shrunken Bastard name carved into the bottom. :wink:

Yes, thanks again for all the great names.
Holden and I had allot of fun picking one out.
I probably spent 2 hours going threw all the names.
I wanted to give props to "Alfredo Garcia" by Mr. NoNaMe.
That's one of my favorite movies!
I also likes the Don Knotts and Donny Darko references!
Good work!
Donny

T

'The Unlucky Tourist' hmmmm.... When then come to market I'll put some black socks and brown sandals around him !!!!!

Wowzaa!!! :o I nearly fell outta my chair when I saw my name as the winner. What a great honor it is to name a Tiki Farm mug. And so many great entries. Thank you Holden and Dirty Donny, what a fun concept this contest was. Holden, thank you also for introducing us to new and diverse tiki artists through your mugs. I'm thrilled to be adding Dirty Donny to my stable of artist to collect tiki art from. And really looking forward to the Benzart and Ken Ruzic mugs. Anyone who's spoken to Holden senses his great enthusiasm for all things tiki. Holden provides an affordable outlet for our addiction, and for that we thank him.
Coincidentally I recently won a contest at work for naming the company newsletter. Prize was a $100 costco gift certificate. Too bad Costco doesn't carry tiki mugs! :lol:

N

Hey Tiki Tonga, can you buy me some lotto tickets? I figure since your on a roll why stop now.

On 2006-11-30 20:22, net-tiki wrote:
Hey Tiki Tonga, can you buy me some lotto tickets? I figure since your on a roll why stop now.

Sure thing, just Paypal me or send a check or money order and I'll go get them tomorrow! :D

D
dibroc posted on Fri, Dec 1, 2006 8:59 AM

Thanks to Danny and Holden for the contest. It was worth the wait. This made up for Sheriff John not reading my name and singing the Birthday song.

On 2006-12-01 08:59, dibroc wrote:
Thanks to Danny and Holden for the contest. It was worth the wait. This made up for Sheriff John not reading my name and singing the Birthday song.

Then this just might make you jealous John, in about 1963 or 64? the Mickey Mouse Club Show went into syndicated reruns with some new features. One of these features was to be a drawing in which you were to fill out your personal info. on the back of a (wax paper) "Twin Popsicle" wrapper and send it in. If they chose your name in the drawing you won a trip to Disneyland for you & your family but most of all you needed to listen in because they would announce your name on the air! I WON! I WON! I WON! They indeed announced my name! I was a star for at least 2 days!!! We had to buy 1 extra ticket, they only gave tickets for a family of 4 as though anyone in the '50's & early '60's had a family of less than 3 kids in it. I would love to know if there is a way to get a copy of the show with the announcement in it?
I miss local syndicated shows, in the mean time John, here's something for you:
Romper stomper bomper boo! tell me, tell me, tell me who? I see little John out there he is watching Engineer Bill and playing "Red Light Green Light" with a tiki mug of rum?? So put another candle on your birthday cake dude! I'm a Honorary Mouseketeer! :P (almost as good as winning this contest? a close second anyway? Naw.....!)

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2006-12-04 23:53 ]

Holden - when can we get ahold of this one?

Yes,please let us know when these will be available.That decanter is F^%$ing kool!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 223 replies