Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Home brew orgeat

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 196 replies

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Jun 27, 2017 7:19 PM

Crisis averted! Stopped by one local liquor store this evening to find that they just started carrying orgeat by another customer's request. Thanks for the help, Bam Bam and CosmoReverb; I'll file it away for when I'm not panicked and can I plan ahead to make my own orgeat....

BB

Made a batch of the Kaiser Pengiun improved orgeat. It came out quite dark and cloudy due to the skins, but certainly full of flavor - and got a big batch of candied almonds out of it to boot!

On 2017-06-29 09:58, Bam Bam wrote:
Made a batch of the Kaiser Pengiun improved orgeat. It came out quite dark and cloudy due to the skins, but certainly full of flavor - and got a big batch of candied almonds out of it to boot!

Those look like walnuts.

BB

On 2017-06-29 10:04, mikehooker wrote:

On 2017-06-29 09:58, Bam Bam wrote:

Those look like walnuts.

I assure you, they are almonds. I spread out the squeezings and baked them in the toaster oven at low heat for a few hours. Turned them into a kind of brittle.

H
Hamo posted on Sun, Aug 12, 2018 10:28 PM

This weekend I made Kaiser Penguin’s improved orgeat recipe. Very good, and much simpler than other recipes I’ve seen. It’s pretty close to BG Reynolds’ orgeat, which is my standard.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 196 replies