Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Squid Painted Resin Cast #2 of 2 ***TC ONLY Auction

Pages: 1 34 replies

S

OK folks. I'm putting this puppy up for TC members only. Who knows, you might just steal it.

"Happy Hour at The Lucky Tiki" measures approx. 8.75" tall x 8" wide. Solid resin cast and painted by me. #2 of 2. It's the last one I will personally paint because frankly, it's very tedious and time-consuming.

**Post your bids by PM. Highest bid posted by 11:59PM PST Saturday, Dec. 16th gets it!

I have a starting bid of $175.00**

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-12 00:45 ]

$1.75? Count me in! Saw this one in person and it's a beaut! I may go as high as $2.00 as Squid is definitely one of those artists to watch and..... Hey! Wait a minute.....Aren't you.....

S

Sorry Kinny. You've been outbid. But you could really cash in if you turn me in to the authorities!

Calamar

T

Oy, double Oy !!!!!!

W
Wolli posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 8:04 AM

Ohhh Dave,
you showed me the prototype last April....Do you remember my surprised and incredulously look??

This is definitely one of the coolest "action figure" - hell I don't know what you say for this over there. - I've ever seen.

I'll asked the manager of my finances, if he grant me some credit, tomorrow. :D

[ Edited by: Wolli 2006-12-12 08:05 ]

S
squid posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 9:52 AM

Hey Rockin Wolli,
I'm not sure what to call him either, but Action Figure is good. Although he pretty much doesn't move. Regardless, he sure would look good in your home for the holidays!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 5:47 PM

Thats freaking awesome man! :) :)

S
squid posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 6:32 PM

Thanks Hewey!
Now show me just how awesome it is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :wink:

Still at $175. Don't make me sell it to....ooops...almost told.

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 6:00 PM

Yup. Thursday night. Just me and the computer. Yup. Guess I'll be pleasantly surprised when I get back from The Tonga Hut Saturday night to find my PM box full of enthusiastic bids from enthusiastic bidders. Yup. Well, I'll just check in later. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine...Really, it's OK...

I might just start quoting from "The Horror that is the Beatles" bilge thread just to get some aggro action going here.

Y'know this thread could even go the way of http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21873&forum=17&240
if I don't get some more bids here.

I can call Grog.

Don't make me do it!!!

H
hewey posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 6:58 PM

On 2006-12-13 18:32, squid wrote:
Thanks Hewey!
Now show me just how awesome it is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :wink:

Still at $175. Don't make me sell it to....ooops...almost told.

Mate, $175 is WAY out of my budget! Like $170 above... :( But if I had the cash I would be bidding for sure. That doesnt help much though, does it?

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 7:14 PM

Helps a lot. Now if I only had a Mai-Tai....sigh :)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 7:17 PM
D

I'll trade you a Mai Tai for the cast.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 7:32 PM

i cant beleive you would steel this guys dentures to make your art...givum back squizzle..

I never said it was funny.....dont look at me it was grogs idea...yeah!!!

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-12-14 19:34 ]

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 8:33 PM

Don't go blaming GROG for your lack of humor, Kirbs, that's something Kinny would do.

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 9:04 PM

On 2006-12-14 18:00, squid wrote:

I can call Grog.

Don't make me do it!!!

Jeeez, I'm gonna regret having said this...

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 9:56 PM

GROG not so sure he would answer Squid's call. The last time GROG answer Squid's call, Squid says," We're having an orgy on the beach, come and join us!" So, GROG heads down to the beach for the orgy and finds..............

GROG was more than a little disappointed, to say the least.

Damit , if it wasnt close to x-mas and it wouldnt extend my stay in the dog house (dont buy hotrod projects with out asking the wife) I would throw down a bid.
Very nice Squid , reminds me of a Ed Roth monster.

Great Caesar's ghost! That thing is extraordinary, Squid! Bravo!

S

On 2006-12-14 23:33, hodadhank wrote:

Ah... Hodad's got it! Hey Wolli, it's a "thing" not an "action figure". Glad we cleared that up. So now somebody bid on the damn "thing" already! Don't make me sell it to....ooops ...almost blew it again....

S

On 2006-12-14 21:57, rodeotiki wrote:
Damit , if it wasnt close to x-mas and it wouldnt extend my stay in the dog house (dont buy hotrod projects with out asking the wife) I would throw down a bid.
Very nice Squid , reminds me of a Ed Roth monster.

Rodeo- How long have you been married anyway? Are you just now figuring out the HRPP (hot rod project principle)? There are many studies proving a direct correlation between unauthorized purchases and marital stress. For God's sake man, save your marriage while you can! Repent and relinquish your hot rod project to Hodad. :)

Someone once said its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission......Boy were they wrong.
Squid you would think after 6 years I would have learned. A good buddy offered me a 34 dodge truck in trade for a bar I made. How could I resist? In the end it cost me my spot in the garage and a new remote car starter for the wife's car.

S
squid posted on Sat, Dec 16, 2006 1:31 AM

OUCH. I'm only married (this time) 4 years to a French Canadian. I'm not too bright but I figured out the deal real quick. Excuse me a second...

..Yes Dear?......No I'm not on TC again...

...Anyway that was a really good trade and I probably would have done the same except....hold on...

...OK,OK.. I'll get the freakin Christmas lights up by tonight!!

OY....so anyway you've got it sussed now my man. Gotta go do some, uh, stuff. Chin up and Happy Holidays.

S
squid posted on Sat, Dec 16, 2006 1:40 AM

On 2006-12-15 12:05, squid wrote:

On 2006-12-14 23:33, hodadhank wrote:

Ah... Hodad's got it! Hey Wolli, it's a "thing" not an "action figure". Glad we cleared that up. So now somebody bid on the damn "thing" already! Don't make me sell it to....ooops ...almost blew it again....

OK, Foamy now informs me that it's a "piece". Yeah, yeah... Add your own second word.

What? Did all you guys buy unauthorized hot rod projects???? I can't sell it for the opening bid to....sh*t...there I go again.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Dec 16, 2006 4:57 PM

On 2006-12-16 01:40, squid wrote:
What? Did all you guys buy unauthorized hot rod projects????

No, we just understand this, just as Rodeo now does :)

Someone once said its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission......Boy were they wrong.

S
squid posted on Sun, Dec 17, 2006 2:49 AM

Hewey-
Except he just learned the hard way! :) Even if my stuff doesn't sell, you guys always keep me crackin' up. Thanks for the props.

Well, it's the seventeenth so spill the beans already!
Who's the lucky owner of that fabulous Hummel from hell? I need to know who to envy.

T

Sort of OT-I just got my Pink Panther mugs & bowl (sculpted by Squid)-they came in yesterday , but I held off opening them-my DH has been kind of pissy or 'concerned' about all the tiki stuff I've been getting lately. When opening it this morning, I had the heartrending realization that my DD (7) has NO IDEA who the Pink Panther is!

Now that I realize that I've been raising culturally deprived children, what can I do? 1)Up their TV viewing time, especially vintage cartoons or 2)Not worry about it, & fix a long, cool drink in my PP mug?...Linda

S
squid posted on Sun, Dec 17, 2006 9:19 PM

On 2006-12-17 14:46, thistle wrote:
Sort of OT-I just got my Pink Panther mugs & bowl (sculpted by Squid)-they came in yesterday , but I held off opening them-my DH has been kind of pissy or 'concerned' about all the tiki stuff I've been getting lately. When opening it this morning, I had the heartrending realization that my DD (7) has NO IDEA who the Pink Panther is!

Now that I realize that I've been raising culturally deprived children, what can I do? 1)Up their TV viewing time, especially vintage cartoons or 2)Not worry about it, & fix a long, cool drink in my PP mug?...Linda

I shall now officially rename this thread....."ASK DR. SQUID"

Dear Linda,

Re:1. We haven't had a TV since September of 2000. I don't believe I've missed ANYTHING of cultural signifigance except maybe the meaning of new hep lingo like OT, DH or DD but, WTF. My step-daughter (9years) sees enough at her friends' houses that she can keep up with "tube-chat" at school and doesn't feel like a 3-headed alien. So upping TV time, NO. Upping classic DePatie-Freling animated PP videos?.... YES!

Re:2 YES!

Re:3 YES!

Now I must get back to splicing my BTO 8-track that snapped last night.

Glad to be of help.

S

On 2006-12-17 14:21, hodadhank wrote:
Well, it's the seventeenth so spill the beans already!
Who's the lucky owner of that fabulous Hummel from hell? I need to know who to envy.

It's official! HUMMEL FROM HELL is the winning title!
Hodaddy wins a Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland signed color litho print.

But the grand winner is (drum roll please...)
Sir Holden of Westland, patron saint of the ne'er-do-well arteest.

Apparently he took pity on me.

Thanks for playing, folks and tune in next time for "What in God's Name is That Monstrosity?"

squid

H
hewey posted on Mon, Dec 18, 2006 6:04 PM

On 2006-12-17 22:15, squid wrote:
Thanks for playing, folks and tune in next time for "What in God's Name is That Monstrosity?"

Rodeos hot rod project, as named by his wife :)

No fair!
Holden's a gazillionaire! He could buy us all out if he had the gumption!
Congrats MakedaMug! That beautiful piece twould make a fine addition to Mugoomba!
Squid-you need to be back selling Used Autos!
Funny thread! Except for the phrase....

fix a long, cool drink in my PP mug

YIKES!!!! Don't give Kirby one of those!

*On 2006-12-17 22:15, squid wrote:*It's official! HUMMEL FROM HELL is the winning title! Hodaddy wins a Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland signed color litho print.
But the grand winner is... Sir Holden of Westland... Blah blah blah

Holden Shmolden! I won sumtin!

Please sign that litho to "highest e-bay bidder"... Just kiddin', you know I'd never part with art from my pal Squid. (Which explains why whenever someone tries to buy my set of ceramic Squid Creeps I tell them they are poison lead glazed, cursed or simply to KUSCHN MEIN EISL!)

On 2006-12-18 19:15, little lost tiki wrote:
No fair!
Holden's a gazillionaire! He could buy us all out if he had the gumption!
Congrats MakedaMug! That beautiful piece twould make a fine addition to Mugoomba!
Squid-you need to be back selling Used Autos!

Hey KR,

I smell "insider trading".

I think we need a ENRON pannel to finger this out!!

On 2006-12-20 18:30, RevBambooBen wrote:

... we need a ENRON pannel to finger this out!!

Pages: 1 34 replies