Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Road Trip to San Francisco - March 8th - the Trek Begins...

Pages: 1 2 67 replies

CL

Awww, we're squaresville. :( Sorry we didn't make it. Feeling quite under the weather.

Hope you guys had a wonderful evening. Great seeing everyone Thursday and Friday. Look forward to the pictures and seeing everyone again soon! Safe traveling and happy journeys.

On 2007-03-10 15:28, Mai Tai wrote:
The Hoity Toities have revised their itinerary for today (Saturday), and have asked us to post it for them, since they don't have access to a computer.

Kona Club - 5:00pm - 6:00pm

Conga Room - 6:00pm - 7:00pm

Trader Vic's Emeryville 7:00 - closing

Forbidden Island - if they can squeeze it in for a nightcap

Be there, or be, like, squaresville, man!

Got back safe and sound this afternoon. We were welcomed by the NorCal Tcers with open
arms. We really felt like rock stars.

Many thanks to our Conga Mike, Denise, Thayer, TofuJoe, Chongolio, Brian, TikiWineBear,
HumuHumu, Handford, Mai Tai, Coco Loco, TikiCleen, DrunkenHat, Unga Bunga, Miles,
JenTiki, Mr. & Ms. Capt. Midnite Tiki, Mr. Smiley, The Jab...there were more, but my memory has
been blurred by the rum. My fellow travelers will have to help me out with the Mahalos.

Here’s a few from my camera....

FORBIDDEN ISLAND

They broke out the TC Ohana Hut for us.

The traveling SoCal Hoiti Toitis with Humu & Hanford

Al & Mr. Smiley announcing their engagement

TikiCleen in the Princess Chair looking like a Queen

TikiWineBear & CheekyGirl -- in Merlot

Sabu demonstrating to Humu what it feels to be a cocktail monkey.
Mai Tai is impressed that she didn't spill a drop....

Speaking of monkeys....Chongolio telling a story to the local SockMonkeys

The SockMonkeys relaying the story

Chongolio with his China Clipper daydreaming about Hawaii

[ Edited by: cheekygirl 2007-03-11 23:42 ]

WooHooo! Looks like you all had a great time. Cheekygirl: I love your outfit :) Mahalo for posting your pics.

I didn't take nearly enough pictures...

TIKI BOB

Tiki Bob & the Boys

The Hoiti - 4 some

I love TikiBob

TRADER VIC'S - SAN FRANCISCO

Midnite Tiki looking swanky behind the candle holder at Trader Vic's
Good call on the the "Lar's Stinger" -- delicious.

Humu & Ms. Midnite

Al-li & Mai Tai

CocoLoco & Humu

CheekyGirl, Bora Boris, Jeremy & Hanford

BAMBOO HUT

A huge mask at the entrance. Sabu recognized it from a matchbook.
Just so you can get a perspective as to how BIG!

An interesting tiki in the corner, again Sabu recognized the artist and knew the history.

Some masks on the walls.

Enjoying a Volcano Bowl.

JenTiki & Bora Boris trying to get a staw in edgewise.

No luck..we won!

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a lot of fun.

MAN!
LOOKS LIKE YOU KIDS HAD A BLAST!
Thanks for sharing so many fun fun pictures!!!
Lucky you took pictures or it seems like you would of never remembered all the fun you had!!!!

T

On 2007-03-11 21:35, CheekyGirl wrote:

Speaking of monkeys....Chongolio telling a story to the local SockMonkeys

Those are not local SockMonkeys! They are quite the jet-setters, winging in from Vegas with Mr Smiley for weekend.

If anyone asks, they were well behaved.

J

Here are my pics from Thursday night at Forbidden Island. By now, you know who all these people are, and I'm crunched for time, so I'm just gonna post the pics without comments, with a couple of exceptions. Enjoy!

The winners of my Photoshop and Lyrics contests with their prizes ... Oops, no they actually came to FI to get those with the signature drink in them! Now they each have 2! :down:

A few folks not in the previous pictures: TofuJoe, and in the background at the bar, Unga Bunga and Stuckie! :down:

Al-ii actually told me to post this :down:

Were you thinking, “I wish they’d please post some more pictures.” Well no problem I took a bunch and without trying to be funny I don’t remember taking most of them. So some were a really nice surprise and some not so much.
Wow! Everybody was so nice! Thanks for making it out and making us feel so welcome.
Thanks also to the delicious pizza from Pizza Rustica Café we had at the Conga Lounge where we also drank with Aqua Zombie and thanks to the tasty bread we had at Original Joe’s. I’d also like to thank the cool bald guy at The Phoenix Hotel and the occasional Asian Hotties I'd see in the crosswalks.

Don’t mess with the Hoiti’s* This could be the wrong spelling but I'm ok with that.

Please forgive me for using a crappy disposable camera. It was free!

Notch’s ROBERTO LOCO makes an appearance!

Coco Loco, Cheeky Girl, Chongolio and Tiki Cleen.

Humuhumu, Sabu and Coco Loco.

Chongolio getting ready for the Gun Show.

We took this picture 3 times but this one with Chongolios’s finger in the way was the best one.

I don’t remember taking this

and I really don’t remember taking this

and I don’t remember almost getting my ass kicked.

Al-li and this Scorpion Bowl are friends. He looks great in that chair by the way.

Second Day - I’m glad I got a shot of the Rain at the Tonga Room.

San Francisco Trader Vic’s from this side of the table

and from this side of the table.

Al-li and this Stinker are friends.

Thanks again everyone!

I think Boris' crappy disposable camera took the best pictures! I'll work on getting mine uploaded soon.

Sabu

On 2007-03-13 23:58, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
I think Boris' crappy disposable camera took the best pictures!

Gotta agree on the cool, crappy pics. Looks like you all had fun. Next time, I want to come along!!

M

Glad everyone had a good time! Wish I'd seen y'all.

Off to Mahiki...see everyone soon.

I've gotta agree -- some of the best pictures I've taken have been with disposable cameras. They give it a "post card" kind of quality. Love them!

To commemorate the one-week anniversary of the Road Trip to San Francisco I am posting a picture of the Sidewinder’s Fang that I had at Forbidden Island.

It was delicious.

Boris, I 2nd that with a pic of the TC Ohana Hut filled with the signature Forbidden Island. Yummy.

MT

All of these tiki drinks are makin me thirsty!!! :D

One Year Anniversary of the San Francisco Road Trip Picture

It could be time to do it again. :)

K
Kahu posted on Tue, Mar 25, 2008 1:37 AM

Wow that looks like it was a great trip.

MT

I think this anniversary needs a proper celebration of you guys reliving the trip! When are you guys comin' back up again?

Pages: 1 2 67 replies