Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Lava Moai Tiki Mug on eBay - Page 10

Pages: 1 2 3 4 146 replies

M

By popular demand the MauiTiki Mug is now available in limited edition sets of three or individually. Only 150 of each color were made.

This is the design I entered in the TC Mug contest. I got such great feedback that I went ahead and had them made. They stand almost 8 inches tall and are super high quality and very heavyweight.

Visit the Maui Tiki Tours Website to order.

http://www.mauitikitours.com/tiki_mugs.html

Thanks for all the support and encouragement I've gotten from all my TC friends.

MauiTiki

Tiki Stickers http://www.stuckonmaui.com
Sacred Grounds Hawaiian Coffee http://www.gourmet-kona-coffee.com
Hawaiian Clip art http://www.islandimages.com

[ Edited by: mauitiki 2007-01-25 09:15 ]

[ Edited by: MauiTiki 2007-09-24 12:25 ]

[ Edited by: MauiTiki 2007-09-29 21:37 ]

[ Edited by: MauiTiki 2009-12-22 18:59 ]

[ Edited by: MauiTiki 2010-02-23 20:01 ]

[ Edited by: MauiTiki 2010-04-09 22:02 ]

[ Edited by: MauiTiki 2010-04-15 18:54 ]

[ Edited by: MauiTiki 2010-05-11 20:24 ]

[ Edited by: mauitiki 2010-07-25 23:23 ]

[ Edited by: MauiTiki 2010-08-09 12:06 ]

[ Edited by: MauiTiki 2010-11-13 12:57 ]

[ Edited by: MauiTiki 2011-01-12 21:11 ]

[ Edited by: MauiTiki 2014-12-19 11:19 ]

M

linky broken :(

A

There was a typo in the link. It should be:

M

On 2007-01-25 08:59, arriano wrote:
There was a typo in the link. It should be:

Ooops, thanks for the link fix. It's fixed in my post now too.

MauiTiki

M

Got my order in for the set of 3

Thanks

Mahalo

McTiki

Thanks to eveyone who has ordered!

If you order a set of 3, mention you are a TC member (in the comments box) and I'll throw in a set of 4 Maui Tiki Tours Postcards for FREE!

Don't worry, those of you who have ordered sets already will get Postcards too.

Aloha!

D

great set ordered has bben placed.

T

Got mine, I love these kinds of Projects. In thirty years, people are going to be saying, who is this MauiTiki and then people are going to be all over it and the rarity will be high. Where did it come from, why was in made, "did you know this was a design for the 2006 TC contest?"

T

Wow!! I just saw this post and ordered my set!! Those mugs look great. I Cant wait to fill them up with my special Grog at my Super bowl/Tiki bar blast. They wont know what hit them!

Keep the great mugs coming!

Very nice work MauiTiki... I'm sorry I only have room for one. :(
Aloha,
:tiki:

just ordered mine. A pretty good deal on the set of 3. I couldn't pass it up. Great design. Can't wait to get em and put them in my NEW home bar

SsweeetT mugZ MauiTiki TighT! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

Thanks for all the orders. If you ordered beore Friday your mugs will ship on Monday. You will get them this week!

There are still plenty of low numbers left for my TC friends, but they will get announced with an ebay listing soon.

A few people have asked me to sign them, if you place an order and would like your mug signed, let me know. I'm doing my best to fill special request Numbers as well.

D
dibroc posted on Fri, Feb 2, 2007 7:22 AM

Received set #15 yesterday. Great design and made as well as any I have seen. Wonderful work Rob.

Got my set #10 yesterday!! Great glazes and form, Rob! They feel great in your hand with a very nice weight to them. Don't know which color I like the best. Had to rearrange my display mugs to make room for these guys. My Shag trio got bumped up to "above eye level" to make room for this trio, "at eye level".

Will break them in this weekend.......
Mahalo, Rob. And thanks for the correction from my previous posting. Sorry, Tiki Farm wasn't the manufacturer of these mugs.

Okole Maluna!
Myke

M

I have listed the very first set on eBay.

Set Number 1 of 150. Today's Date: 2-4-07

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230088038636&rd=1&rd=1

Good Luck!

M
McTiki posted on Mon, Feb 5, 2007 2:47 PM

Got mine today! Awesome! Very nice glaze and detail. These are goin to McTiki's...

Mahalo

McTiki

Maui mugz klink'in da Eastern shores...cool karves and hot glazed MauiTiki, shootZ!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :D

Set 21/150 safe in cali,great design Rob,and thanks for the postcards!

ST

Got mine today safe and sound, nice heavy mug!

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Feb 6, 2007 4:53 AM

Got mine sent to my parents hose, just cause its safer and I can keep track of it better. I heard the mugs landed Saturday and I got to wait for the 16th to go see them. Can't wait.

Just got mine yesterday (#13). The look great!

M

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm getting very low on the "Blue" Mugs. I have less than 20 left. I'm holding 10 to sell to people who want the matching numbered set of three, which leaves less than 10 individual Blue mugs.

THESE ARE THE BEST LIMITED EDITION MUG DEAL OUT THERE FOR ONLY $13.95!

I'm still throwing in free postcards with all orders for TC members.

Thanks to everyone who has ordered and for all the positive feedback.

Got my mugs in the mail today. Great looking mugs. Have to buy a set of three cause they rock!!!

Cheers!

Rick

D

I love these mugs

I had a set of these (#62 for the record)shipped to Good Ol' Blighty and they are really neat! The Blue/Brown glaze is to die for!! Mug makers take note...glazes are so important if the mug is to stand out from the crowd, and right now, there is a hell of a crowd! Get 'em while you still can folks!

Trader Jim - (Make mine a Mai-Tai, in my Blue/Brown favo(u)rite of course!).

[ Edited by: POCKETIKI 2007-09-16 07:18 ]

ALoooHA! Ya bettah grab a set of these buggahs while they last... these are thick and heavy glazed drinking vessels designed to meet and exceed the demands of even the heartiest of cocktail drinkers!! :D
Industrial strength revival tiki that are sure to please a most discerning collector!!!
A must for any collection and MauiTiki offers these at an INSANE PRICE to boot!!! :o BUY NOW! or pay 10X eBay later... :wink:

M

Wow had a rush of orders... Tiki-Kate even ordered a set! They were all mailed today. Those who ordered should be receiving them in the next couple days.

Still have a couple Blue ones to sell individually, but the rest I'll save for people who buy the set of three (I have about 10 sets left with matching numbers). My wholesalers want the remaining Blue Mugs, But I'm going to keep them in matching number sets for my TC friends who have yet to order.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

TravelingJones - I'm Saving the final set 150/150 to sell on E-bay next year. not sure I'll get 10x the current price though.

You always think that these things will still be waiting for you when you finally get around to ordering them...

Due to a growing lack of space, I generally don't buy every color that a particular style of mug comes in, but this is just such a great design with a wonderful choice of glazes. To me, it is the ideal mug. It looks great on the shelf, but it is also a perfect mug to drink from. It's not too tall or too narrow and it is narrow at the center giving you the perfect grip when condensation forms on the exterior.

I am anxiously awaiting their arrival.

The Blue Tiki Mugs are now SOLD OUT. You can still get one by ordering a matching number set of three, but I will no longer sell them individually.

I only have 8 sets of three left and I expect to sell out by the end of the week, so if you've been waiting to order, NOW is the time.

http://www.mauitikitours.com

Thanks for all your support, looks like it's time to get going on my next mug!

On 2007-09-24 12:29, MauiTiki wrote:

Thanks for all your support, looks like it's time to get going on my next mug!

Yes, please. New mug! I promise not to take so long to order one next time. :)

M

Ok Tiki collectors....we are down to the last three sets!

Get then Now or you'll be out of luck forever. Only $34.95 for the set of three!

Don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm going on Vacation to San Diego next week and plan to remove them from the website late Monday. If these last three sets don't sell by Monday, "Beach Bumz" Tiki Shop in Kihei wants them really badly and I'll sell them to him.

http://www.mauitikitours.com

What do you recommend I do while in San Diego? We're heading up to Disneyland for a couple days, but other than that we're wide open.

Aloha!

go to mister tikis down on 5th make sure Tony is bartending he makes agreat mango mango mai tai

M

I had a Blast in Southern California. I got a tour of Tiki farm from Holden. the place in awesome and probably my favorite stop on the trip. I visited Oceanic Arts and picked up one of their last 20 Tiki Mugs. Spent about 1/2 hour talking story with Bob, what a great place and neat people. I was able to drag the family to dinner at the Bali Hai one night. The place is way cool, especially at sunset.

I still have a couple sets of mugs left even though the site says sold out. PM me if you want one of the final two sets.

M

Aloha Tiki Friends! I know it's been a while but I'm back to creating Tiki Mugs. Although I designed the first mug, I had nothing to do with the manufacturing. This time I'm making the mugs 100% myself, right here on Maui!

I started with some clay wrapped around a PVC pipe and got my basic shape down. Then I forgot about it for a while. When I came back it was completely dry, so I was able to carve it with my ceramics tools.

Here is the sculpt 80% done...

I'll keep you informed of the progress... I'm hoping to have a few mugs done by the new year. My plan is to do a few artist proofs while I perfect the glaze, then do a limited run of maybe 25 mugs if my mould holds up.

Rob - Looks awesome man... can't wait to get my hands on one..:wink:
And also can't wait to see him all dressed up and ready to party!!!

Aloha..

BB

http://www.beachbumz.com

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2009-12-23 00:50 ]

T

Its about time. Those last ones were great.

T

WOw...that looks great....very old school.

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-12-23 09:28 ]

Gecko has offered to detail one and glaze it! I'll have to send him an unfired one. He will auction it off on eBay. I'll post the mould making photos soon!

M

I've always wanted to make my own mould. I bought books and watched online, but never had the guts or materials to just do it. Thankfully I met a guy who helped me through the process.

First we wrapped clay around the base of my sculpt and filled it with plaster.

Then built a box, laid down the mug with the base and clay top. I built up a clay base to 1/2 way up the sculpt.

We poured the plaster, flipped it over and poured the plaster on the other side. The sculpt is coated with a soapy mixture so it won't stick to the plaster, thus it looks darker.

After the second batch of plaster dried, we removed the box and we have a mould. (with my sculpt still inside)

Stay tuned for the next step!

M

OK, I've been making mugs! getting slip on this little rock in the middle of the ocean has become challenging.

I have about 10 out of the mould and will start the firing process on a few of them today! maybe this thread needs to move back to creating Tiki, for a few weeks before i start actually selling them.

here are some photos...

The mould is full of casting Slip!

Pulling the first one out of the mould! Whoo Hoo!

Here are the first 4 fresh out of the mould.

Hey look what I got for Christmas!

More coming soon!

Hey, great design. We want one! Thank you for showing the process you've gone through for mold making. Those are terrific photos and instructions. Wendy

P

i really like that last design. have you tried sculpting in wax?

E

Nice mug, man!

M

On 2009-12-31 17:06, pdrake wrote:
i really like that last design. have you tried sculpting in wax?

I haven't tried sculpting in wax yet, but Gecko recommended that I try it. There is a soap and candle shop near my office. I'm going to stop in to see if they have any seconds of tiki mug sizer candles that they will sell me cheap. I can't wait to try it. I'm sure there is such a thing as sculpting wax, but I'm just learning so a candle should work for my first try.

Thanks Wendy, I'll let you know when I have them ready for sale. I wasn't able to fire any yesterday like I'd hoped. Hopefully this weekend.

Aloha!

B

Awesome Rob.... !!! That came out great...
Put me on Da List for dat one... ok..
Hurry up already.... :wink:

AlohA

We have the first mug in three colors. How about this one in three colors so I could have a set of 6??? Wendy

M

On 2010-01-02 16:28, danlovestikis wrote:
We have the first mug in three colors. How about this one in three colors so I could have a set of 6??? Wendy

I would love to do them in sets of colors, but this being my first hand made mug I don't think I'll be making that many. BeachBumz would like me to make enough so he could sell some out of his shop, but I'm going to limit this mug to 10 artist proofs (to find a glaze I like best) and 25 Limited Edition mugs. I will give one to Gecko to customize and may try a couple customs myself, but that's it for this design.

I just finished cleaning up the last of the 10 artist proofs and it took my entire Christmas/New Years break. Yes I'm still learning so it's slow going and I'm busy with my real job and family. I think I'd rather move on to a new design than try to make sets of three of this design. Wendy, I'm sure you know the time that goes into making each mug, let alone the time it took to sculpt it and make the mould.

I'm hoping to start the firing process this week, but I'm at the mercy of teacher and my job. He had told me we would could start a few days ago, but then he got busy at the gallery. I'll post photos as soon as I get some out of the kiln.

Thanks for the positive comments!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 146 replies