Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

bambooben on crutches!

Pages: 1 25 replies

B

Anyone seen BooBen recently?? I heard he had an unfortunate fall blowing out his knee big time. Sucks gettin Old Huh?
Ben, I Really hope you get well quickly

P

I heard it was a death match between he and makedamug.
Those guys have history.

T

Blowing and knees shouldn't be in the same sentence ....unless your writing to Penthouse Mag. Must of been that Cali freeze that hit Ben.....

Get Better Ben! The Wide World of Tiki Talent has suffered a temporary blow! Let's all raise a glass to Ben's Speedy Recovery!Doctor Ken recommends a cooler full of Budweiser, a good book,and a sketchpad! And please, no more fights with Holden! :)

I'll raise two glasses! Get well soon Rev. BB

Here's the news:
I swung down to LoCal seeking fun and drinks, only to find Ben waiting instead. This really blew my mind, so we quickly tussled and in the ensuing struggle Ben collapsed on one knee. He then reached up, grabbed my neck and twisted me around and dislocated my 3rd Lumbar vertabrae. Just as he did, I landed on his other knee, (it began to swell as big as a grapefruit) picked up a bamboo slat and hit him over the head. Turns out, Lake Surfer was watching all of this. With all the dust in the air, Lake couldn't see too well. So he grabs a broken glass float off the bar (he likes the sound of breaking glass) and in so doing, slit his hand real good. We're all pals now, trading pain killers and muscle relaxants, and catching up on the latest innovations in walkers and skin stitching technology.

Rumor has it Makedamug and Booman are already talkin' about a line of Bamboo made medical supplies.

Get Well Soon Ben, so you can start kickin' twice as much butt.

Chongolio

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jan 31, 2007 9:22 AM

Does bamboo Ben use bamboo crutches?

On 2007-01-31 09:22, GROG wrote:
Does bamboo Ben use bamboo crutches?

He was this past Saturday when we stopped by his shop! He's lucky to have Mrs Boo and the little Boo's to open the shop up! It's like magic the way they convert the workshop into a retail shop!

Yes, he was using some bamboo as a cane to help get around! His knee was pretty swollen and he was in a great deal of pain. Lot's of Ibuprofen and Beer!!!!!

Get better quickly!!!!

Ben,
Sorry to hear about the Bam boo boo and I wish you a speedy recovery.

S

Don't push it too far Ben. Iron man that you are, you can't risk messing things up for good. We need you in good shape to keep transforming spaces. Time to train Missus Boo on the table saw and finish nailer...

T'was the GHOST of Sam's Seafood that brought me down!!

Moohalows for da kine werds peepuls.

Back to the Ice, ice, baby!

MD

I'll send ya cookies!..............Ha....no I won't.
Get better ya savage.

T

Get better quick!

T

Whoa! First the eye patch, and now maybe a peg leg? What lengths will this man go to for his art?

Keep on truckin' Ben!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jan 31, 2007 5:42 PM

Rest up mate

K

:drink:
here's to you, 'Boo, with hopes for a short term hobble.
Remember the three magic words...
Ice
Ace
Elevate

try some tequila, I hear it works for a multitude of needs :lol:
K.

ahhh Ben, Feel better soon! knee stuff can linger on so stay off it, I know how men are, they are the worst patients .... :D

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-02-01 11:21 ]

T

Hope you recover quickly! I hear drinking rum helps.

S
squid posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2007 5:52 PM

Dr. Squid prescribes lots of bed rest. And I mean lots. That will at least keep the rest of us safe for awhile.

Git mo bettah brah!

On 2007-01-31 08:52, Jungle Trader wrote:
Here's the news:
I swung down to LoCal seeking fun and drinks, only to find Ben waiting instead. This really blew my mind, so we quickly tussled and in the ensuing struggle Ben collapsed on one knee. He then reached up, grabbed my neck and twisted me around and dislocated my 3rd Lumbar vertabrae. Just as he did, I landed on his other knee, (it began to swell as big as a grapefruit) picked up a bamboo slat and hit him over the head. Turns out, Lake Surfer was watching all of this. With all the dust in the air, Lake couldn't see too well. So he grabs a broken glass float off the bar (he likes the sound of breaking glass) and in so doing, slit his hand real good. We're all pals now, trading pain killers and muscle relaxants, and catching up on the latest innovations in walkers and skin stitching technology.

Nice!

Now ya got me in stitches! :lol:

Here's to all the healing taking place after the injury trifecta!

Heal up Jungle Trader and Benboo!

I'm running out of room for scars...

eee gawds! I hope you're all back up to snuff in no time!

Take it from an old nurse (who once dislocated my knee cap) it is amazing how swollen those knees can get and how much pain a body can handle. It is rice as follows:

R = rest
I = ice
C = compression
E = elevation

The anti-inflammatories (Ibupropen, Advil, etc.) do help but be sure to take with food, they can be hard on the tummy. Ice should only be on (use with protective covering so the ice or frozen device is not directly on your skin) for about 20 munites every couple of hours. Especially good to do a wrap when you go to bed, as it helps reduce the irritation cause by movement when sleeping. Elevation and resting the knee is important early on.

Once you are up and around don't overdo it. After the swelling is minmized you can then rotate between moist heat and cold. Most heating pads have a thin sponge insert you can moisten, this type of heat penetrates into the muscle as opposed to dry heat which just warms the skin. A good way to do this is to do the moist heat 20 minutes, then massage the area a little and finish up with cold for 20 minutes to reduce the swelling and stiffen up the muscle for walking.

Take care. :)

Ben,

Oh yeah, medicate!
When I hurt my back in a tragic art accident a few years back, I found that if I took an anti-inflamitory, a muscle relaxer, a 750 mg Vicodin (and a toke), and then watched an old episode of "Hawaiian Eye", that I'd feel much better.

Mend Soon!

Add some Robitussin DM to the mix and you'll forget you even have limbs!
:lol:

H

Hey Ben take three shots of good aged rum and you will have an anti-body experience for sure. Get well soon. :drink:

Pages: 1 25 replies