Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Little Lost Tiki's "Green Village" has a New Home!

Pages: 1 13 replies

Aloha Gang!
Well, it had to happen! With too many Tiki Pieces and not enough shows (and dwindling studio space), I decided to start putting up the occasional drawing/watercolor/painting to expand LLT awareness! This first piece is a watercolor/ink drawing in a shadowbox under glass! Go check it out at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330084149995&rd=1&rd=1
Here's a shot of it... "Green Village"

and a detail!

Yay! I'm on eBay! My life is complete....

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-02-12 10:03 ]

Aloha!
Hey, what are the dimensions? It's a fabulous work, as always!

This is a beautiful piece! I've seen it at Ken's studio. If you haven't seen Ken's work, then you're in for a treat! Amazing detail and illustration! This will be a conversation piece in someone's home! Hmmm.....Maybe I'll bid on it!

Hey Tiki Lee!
Thanks buddy!
I'm such a retardunk, I got eager and posted it ,not thinking about dimensions and all,soooo
here's all the info straight from the horse's mouth...

"Green Village" This is a watercolor/ink/colored pencil drawing on Arches watercolor paper. It pictures a village at dawn,quiet before the day's activities begin.If you like detailed work, this is for you! The piece is mounted on a dark brown papyrus in a plain light wood shadowbox under glass. Wire for hanging is on the back.The size of the piece is 14" by 16" and the outer dimensions are 17" x 21" . Also, since it's a shadow box-it's about 2" deep.

I just didn't want to type it all out again! I'm an eBabe in the woods, so any suggestions on posting would be great! Glad you like this piece! It was really fun to just concentrate on a smaller piece-especially an unoccupied village.Funfunfun!
Chris!
Maybe you'll bid on it...Hmmmm.... I see one bidder! I wonder who it is? :)

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-02-04 20:14 ]

S
squid posted on Fri, Feb 2, 2007 3:42 PM

Hey Kinny-
Add this to the title "by Ken Ruzic aka Little Lost Tiki. Watercolor/Ink" to help draw those who know and to get you some name recognition for future auctions.
Edit as necessary. Don't know how many characters you can use.

Now quit posting just to knock my new pendant thread down!!!! BASTARD!

And you should add a pic of the entire work including the frame.

[ Edited by: squid 2007-02-02 15:48 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Feb 2, 2007 3:45 PM

I see one bidder! I wonder who it is?

Hey thats good, means its already found itself a new home. Cool to see it on Ebay. I never heard of what your prices were for your paintings before. And now we get to see if it will climb.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Feb 2, 2007 5:40 PM

Good luck mate :)

Beeeeeutiful!

Ken, your pictures don't do the painting justice! Next time make your copywrite smaller and show more definition! It's a great piece and a steal at $250! I think I'll steal it!

TikiLee.Squid.Soccertiki,TeaKey,TikiShark,Hewey,and all you TCers who Pm'ed me as well!
Thanks y'all for all your input! I will compile a list of your suggestions and apply them towards future eBay excursions!You guys help my learning curve,and with this techno-way of selling I'm a stranger! Thanks for helping me get my feet wet! Think I'll dive in !
Many Mahalos!
And Chris, If you really wanted to steal it,why don't you just visit the Cave when I'm not there? Your big man-muscles could easily tear that door off it's hinges! You could loot that place quicker than an Iraqi museum! :lol:
Thanks again friends!

WooHoooooooOOOOoooooo!!!!

Looks like I won myself a Little Lost tiki (aka Ken Ruzic) Oh-riginal!!!!!

I am gonna take some really good pictures of it and post them here so everyone can see what they misssed out on!!!

Thanks for the advice Ken! Next time you find the windows broken and your shop looted...It wasn't me!!!

D
dibroc posted on Fri, Feb 9, 2007 4:09 PM

wonderful piece. we thought about it but the colors are not right. glad it went to a good home.

Thanks y'all!
Thanks Soccertiki! I'm glad this will be displayed in a home amidst other tiki treasures! And thank you all for the kind words and encouragement! I'll be posting some other work for sale soon...I gotta trade show in Vegas this week (for my day-job/tee shirts...) but will get on that very soon,probably later in the week sooooooo Keep your eyes peeled !!!
maybe some unframed watercolors.small paintings,oddities,Anna Nicole DNA samples....etc. Mahalos to y'all!!!

T

Aloha Lil' Lost!!!

I am happy for your ebay sale!! However, I think you will find your work will command MUCH more in the future! You are a talented artist my friend..and I am looking forward to your success!!!

Warmest Aloha's Bra

~~ THOR

Pages: 1 13 replies