Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

tiki/polynesian tattoos!!!!

Pages: 1 2 67 replies

On 2007-11-11 21:06, greentikipat wrote:
hey Averaged Sized Kahuna- nice piece! great use of colored lighting, composition, and negative space banana/palm fronds to frame out the top. cool use of elements, too. he's kick-ass! and looks ready to do so, too! thanks for posting.
first rule of this thread: please include the name of the artist and shop.

My bad: Jeffrey Pitt @ Dragon Moon in Glen Burnie MD

http://www.dragon-moon.com/Jeffrey_Pitt.php

here's some finished pics been due along time-

anyone else want to post their tiki/polynesian tattoo? help yourself!

here are some updates on Brad's arm- plans include more on the other arm(marquesian?)and somewhat connecting across the chest and/or back. stay tuned.

touch-up and addition of lines are all that is left for this side.

oh yea- keep an eye out for my upcoming new tattoo+ studio- 'Electric Tiki'- this is going to be cool as hell.

S

Will be watching. May drop by for some ink. Nice work

hey there- here's a few new pieces! i've got a couple other large-scale tiki pieces not yet photographed, but will post them as soon as i do.

those are brad's right leg-the inside colored in about 2hrs yesterday.

this last one can be seen at the huki-huki-huki-hukilau!

L

Hey I read early on in the thread that tattooing is not your day job.

If you are looking for a place to work professionally Atomic Tattoos are hiring. The owners Laurie and Clay are my good friends and they are looking for new artists at I think all of their locations.

Just thought I would throw it out there for ya!

actually i said it WAS my day job. thanks anyway.

L

oops! my bad :)

Really kool stuff Pat, especially dig the forearms
with the wahine and the monkeys.Watangooo!!!!

TK

mmmmmmm i recognise that last leg. yes sir i sure do.

[ Edited by: talo ka 2009-05-29 16:20 ]

here's some shots from earlier today- finished up Talo Ka's thigh. his request was to keep it black and gray, with the tiki (Lono) hidden a bit, so there we go!

and here's one that fits the bill-we just had our 3rd session the other day. 1 or 2 more to go. that's actually his wife there!

mahalos for peekin!

RH

Damn outstanding work, Pat. I'm glad you're finally are showing these.

Excellent work and awesome detail.
I too am glad you posted this body of work!
More please!

S

There's another thread for Tiki tattoo's here

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=27016&forum=1&start=0

My pictures already on that link but i'll show it again anyway because i'm so happy with it.

Yesterday I had an awesome experience, getting inked by Maori Tattoo artist Tane Singh-Lagah. Tricia Allen brought him hear to tattoo with her as a guest. It was awesome. He comes from a family of carvers. It is so important to support these wonderful tattoo artists that come to the mainland doing guest spots. And with this crazy economy, what a truly unique situation to be able to get tattooed in traditional styles by traditional people right in your backyard.

This is a link to Tricia Allen's site and newsletter. She is amazing and super knowledgeable and an awesome tattoo artist herself. But she is also a wonderful hookup for some great guest artists:

http://tattootraditions.alohaworld.com/index.htm

Damn, Pat - it looks like Polynesian tattooes are on fire. At least yours are!

My skin is still very angry, but here's my little tribute to some of Headhunter's art.

TK

i am really happy with the leg tiki tatby green tiki pat. i am planing on the right leg sometime soon.

Pages: 1 2 67 replies