Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Trader Vic's Emeryville (Saturday, March 17)

Pages: 1 23 replies

Sending a shout out to all the NorCal tikiphiles to invite you to a gathering at Trader Vic's in Emeryville on Saturday, March 17th, at around 5:30pm.

The gathering will be to show support for TV 90210. A time for TC members to share friendship and our love of Polynesian arts as provided by the Trader Vic restaurants. I have never been to a TV, so really looking forward to it.

We are coordinating a NorCal/SoCal 7pm drink cheers in honor of the efforts to save TV 90210. Come join us for drinks, appetizers, and/or dinner and have fun with your fellow tikiphiles.

Please rsvp by way of this post or by pm to me. I will call in dinner reservations in another week. I have 3 people traveling with me, so my car is now full.

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

VampTiki

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-03-11 19:08 ]

Brava, VRN. The pics of TV's Emeryville on the TV's site look like a great time will be had by all there!

Cheers and aloha,
SOK

I do hope some folks will join me at TV Emeryville. But even if nobody can make it, I will be there and tip a drink in the direction of SoCal and 90210. :D

Shazbot!

Everything is falling on that same date!
Besides a friend's birthday that I can't even make I work with my wife at the world's largest Belly Dance convention in Richmond that weekend!

None of my friends have any sympathy for me when they hear that I'm one of only about 30 men to 3,000 women, (most all dressed in belly dancing attire :D ). I gotta admit the ratio is a good one! :P

A

A tiki bar on St. Patrick's Day? Sacrilege!

On 2007-02-27 19:33, VampiressRN wrote:
I do hope some folks will join me at TV Emeryville. But even if nobody can make it, I will be there and tip a drink in the direction of SoCal and 90210. :D

WooHooWahine and I will be at 90210 that night, so we will tip a drink up north!!!

Excellent....and I will keep bumping this to remind NorCal about rallying on behalf of 90210. :)

Tiki Bump.....hope many of you can make this event. I have never been to ANY Trader Vics...so really looking forward to this. Please send me a pm, so I can secure reservations. :)

Sorry, working that night...
Whatcha doin after Vics? Head on up to Conga Lounge or Forbidden Island and let's re-toast 90210.

OK...CongaMike twisted my arm.....so will do the Trader Vics for dinner and a drink....then head on over to Forbidden Island to finish off St Paddy's day in style. Only gonna have one friend with me afterall, so if anyone wants a ride I have room for two more people...just send me a pm. :D

Any NorCal peeps gonna go to Trader Vics this Saturday? Gonna head over to Forbidden Island afterwards....Monkeypod...here I come!!!

Saturday.....I got reservations at TV for 6pm. Will do dinner and hoist an original Mai Tai at 7pm. Then head on over to Forbidden Island for a Monkeypod...oooh, I can feel the hangover now. Any other brave souls gonna join in the festivities?
:drink:

We'll be Tapping-the-Admiral on your behalf from 90210, VampTiki! (While we can still get a parking space...!)

Mahalo nui and much aloha to you for your effort. May you be joined by true Ohana for a wonderful evening...

Cheers and best,
SOK

OMG!!! SOK, that poster is a hoot....and Bladerunner is one of my favorite movies. If ya ever find the NON-directors cut, let me know, there has got to be some bootleg out there in the wild somewhere. The Director's cut is missing the narration by Ford...which at first seemed goofy in the movie, but when it is not there...it is truly lacking in impact. Still a danged good movie though.

Have fun at 90210. Anyone wanna pm me a cellphone number...we can give ya a call for the 7pm toast? :drink:

VRN, you can't like the MonkeyPod, that's my fave. Don't drink it all. Have fun!

MT

Hey Vampiress, some of us Bay Area folks are gonna swing by Trader Vic's tomorrow for St. Patty's Day. We should be there right on time to catch the toast. Oh, and luck will be on our side, because we will be bringing the world's largest leprachaun with us, a.k.a. Mr. Smiley. He'll be in town working his elfin magic on the Ugh house. Anyone else wanna meet us there? See ya at the bar at Vic's at 7:00pm, and may the road rise to meet ya.

"It's Mai Tai. It's out of this world." - Victor Jules Bergeron Jr.

[ Edited by: Mai Tai 2007-03-16 19:01 ]

Yee Haw.....totally awesome. Just sent you a pm with my phone numbers. My friend and I are planning on getting to Trader Vics by no later than 6:30pm. After dinner and a Mai Tai....will be off to Forbidden Island to imbibe in a Monkeypod and whatever else we can handle.

See you for the (90210 TV Toast) :drink:

I've got the viking with me and will catch him in action at Trader Vics and Forbidden Island. Here he is on his first day at the Vamp compound...he is partaking in a Mojito. He will be toasting to TV 90210 tonight....he is a passionate little viking, you can tell by his intense stare.

VampTiki

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-03-17 14:14 ]

Had a great St Patrick's Day. Took the Viking over to Trader Vic's in Emeryville. The place is just beautiful and the food was absolutely delicious. The Viking posing here with VampTiki and the TV S&P's, and a couple of Mai Tais.

We held our 7pm toast on behalf of Trader Vic's 90210. Corona Contessa and I were happy to meet meet up with Conga Mike's wife, Denise, and CoCo Loco, Mai Tai, Hanford, Mr Smiley and Humuhumu.

Then we headed over to the Isle of Alameda to Forbidden Island, the place was packed, there were no chairs, but we managed to slam down a Monkeypod in the tropical ambiance. We met the famous Toni, uber cab-driver and best friend to the Forbidden Island Ohana. The Viking then spent the night with Vamptiki (who is addicted to diet colas) at the Days Inn.

VampTiki

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-03-19 04:53 ]

T

Yay!! The Viking looks like he was having fun... & who's his new friend?

Tikisgrl

That is VampTiki (in the wooden form)....that will make sense some day!!! Anyway, VampTiki is having a hellagoodtime with the Viking. She finds him to be so strong and virile, so will be showing him a good time in NorCal for as long as he can stay. VampTiki was given to Vamp by danlovestikis and is very pampered. :)

It's good to see Vamptiki is traveling to such great places with such fun friends, Wendy

VampTiki is loving her new home. She is quite the social butterfly and having fun with the Viking. Who knew she would be so liberated in the wild....LOL :D

O

Thanks for your support of 90210 last year cousin!
Remembering Beverly Hill's Trader Vic's & San Francisco Trader Vic's.

Pages: 1 23 replies