Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

dumbest thing I've heard all week

Pages: 1 14 replies

Whicch ois really saying something sice it's only Monday night

There's an old mexiacan saying...

The only peopelle who alway tell teh truths are children and drunks

So anyways I was at The V-Room today and my homegirl Candace was bartending so she was helping me drink my woes away. I went to teh bathroom and as I was walking back I heard teh dumbest thing I have heard all week.Some guy said...

"Black people invented ice hockey in Nova Scotchia in the 1800's, and there wasn't any fightiong".

I couldn't stop laughing. I couldn't even trry to fake it.

Aiight

Drunk now

g'night

LOL...looks like you were having fun last night. I was compelled to investigate the claim......

The oldest pair of skates known date back to about 3000 B.C., found at the bottom of a lake in Switzerland. The skates were made from the leg bones of large animals, holes were bored at each end of the bone and leather straps were used to tie the skates on. An old Dutch word for skate is "schenkel" which means "leg bone".

Around the 14th Century, the Dutch started using wooden platform skates with flat iron bottom runners. The skates were attached to the skater's shoes with leather straps. Poles were used to propel the skater. Around 1500, the Dutch added a narrow metal double edged blade, making the poles a thing of the past, as the skater could now push and glide with his feet (called the "Dutch Roll").

In 1848, E. V. Bushnell of Philadelphia, PA invented the first all steel clamp for skates.

In 1865, Jackson Haines, a famous American skater, developed the two plate all metal blade. The blade was attached directly to Haines' boots. The skater became famous for his new dance moves, jumps and spins. Haines added the first toe pick to skates in the 1870's, making toe pick jumps possible.

The first artificial ice rink (mechanically-refrigerated) was built in 1876, at Chelsea, London, England and was named the Glaciarium. It was built near the King's Road in London by John Gamgee.

In 1914, John E. Strauss, a blade maker from St. Paul, Minnesota, invented the first closed toe blade made from one piece of steel, making skates lighter and stronger.

The largest outdoor ice rink is the Fujikyu Highland Promenade Rink in Japan, built in 1967 and boasts an ice area of 165,750 square feet-- equal to 3.8 acres.

From Wikipedia:

There are early representations and reports of hockey-type games being played on ice in the Netherlands, and reports from Canada from the beginning of the nineteenth century, but the modern game was initially organized by students at McGill University, Montreal in 1875 and, by two years later, codified the first set of ice hockey rules and organized the first teams.

Anyone here play Boot Hockey as a kid? No skates, no pads, no puck, just a Fight on Ice.

P

I'm calling dibs on making a drink by that name.
DIBS!

SS, good to see your posts again.
That's the stupidest quote I've read all week.

Hey Sam!

This kinda looks Spnglish-ish to me. But there aren't enough Rrrrrrr's!

Sam wrote,

There's an old mexiacan saying...

The only peopelle who alway tell teh truths are children and drunks

Rock on!

Sam,
I think it is very rude of you to be posting here, while being drunk.

J
john posted on Wed, Feb 28, 2007 12:03 AM

greatest hockey fight ever!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yXCjBO-2A4

Here is one more for the topic........

Monkeyman
Grand Member (3 years)

This sort of post sounds familiar.

sorry. couldn't help it!

Dumbest thing I've heard all week.

"beer and politics"

I know it's against teh rule sto tal politics here but I gotta throw this out there. I met up with some peoples at The V-Room tonight, they had already been at two bars by then. The first bar was Gallaghers. Apparently at Gallaghers on Tusday nighst they do a thing called "Beer and Politics" where a bunch of republicans in suits come in and discuss how great GW Bush and teh republican party are.

I never knew thsi was going on. WHen my homeboy Josh told me about it we started making plans. next week we are going to attend and just stand nearby throwing chilifries at them while they discuss wether GW Bush is great or teh greatest president ever.

aiight

drunk now

g'night

K

Maybe you could take that group of Republicans to a hockey game...stand 'em all out on the ice...without head gear...and bullseye targets on their backsides...or just introduce them to 'boot hockey'...
:wink:
K.

New dumbest thing I've heard all week

so I got anew tattoo today, adn I found out that my tattoo artist's daughter is also tattooing, she is 10 years old and has been tattooing since she was 4

a 10 year old girl tattooing, that is teh dumbest thing I have heard all week.

I have an appointment with her in 3 weeks to do my knuckles

H

No you don't. :D

"I know it's your birthday, but I didn't get you anything tiki".

New dumbest thing I've heard all week.

"The charge was arson, but really it was just a misunderstanding between me and my girlfriend."

Pages: 1 14 replies