Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 7 booking online

Pages: 1 2 88 replies

O
Otto posted on Tue, Apr 24, 2007 10:39 PM

On 2007-04-23 17:32, kingstiedye wrote:
just booked my tiki oasis tix and a room at the hanalei. i didn't see a link to pre-order the munktiki mug. did i miss out or will the pre-sale be coming later?

the mug was available via presale on the Oasis website

we had to set a cutoff date in order to determine quantity to be manufactured

The run will be 300 (as originally planned) and is not curently sold out so there will be some available at the event. Don't ask me how many and don't ask me when. I will announce when the open sale will take place when I figure it out.

On 2007-04-24 20:49, FreddieBallsomic wrote:
Yo, King!!!! Did U forget about a brother?????

you're in, braddah. i got a room with 2 queen size beds.

this thread is not sooo busy. why? post people!

So the Hanalei is going to give up that great name and change to the Crown Plaza. Sigh.....I think the Moai is trying to hide in the trees, in fear of the future. :o

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

VampTiki

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-05-06 11:34 ]

On 2007-05-05 14:00, freddiefreelance wrote:
The Red Lion Hanalei is no more, or at least not by that name. From the April 26, 2007, San Diego Union Tribune:

** The crowning touch**
As of Tuesday, no one will be going to the Red Lion Hanalei Hotel on Mission Valley's Hotel Circle anymore. That's because the 416-room hotel changes its name that day to the Crowne Plaza San Diego.

The tropical paradise-themed resort becomes San Diego's first Crowne Plaza, a brand operated by the InterContinental Hotels Group. Despite its new signage and renovated facilities, though, hotel representatives say that ownership and management remain unchanged.

Will this affect our reservations already made for Tiki Oasis???

I say,

Move it to the Beverly Hilton!!

Arrrr!!!

On 2007-05-06 18:52, RevBambooBen wrote:
I say,

Arrrr!!!

...or that little motel across the street from Bamboo Ben's :)

On 2007-05-06 23:13, Shipwreckjoey wrote:

On 2007-05-06 18:52, RevBambooBen wrote:
I say,

Arrrr!!!

...or that little motel across the street from Bamboo Ben's :)

Is that the place you can rent rooms by the hour and has the coin operated 1000 Finger Massage beds?

I
IKABOD posted on Mon, May 7, 2007 4:18 PM

What else are they going to change? The look of the signage and the interior are starting to get that stupid southwest-modern-business-corporate-convention look to it. It's cheap, boring and it helps them save the bottom line.
crap

I heard a rumor that

it's all gonna go bye bye

after Oasis!

Yikes!

MR

The name is changed. Saw it this morning on my way to work. Very depressing. Still, it's a cool hotel and the Oasis is about the people.

if it wasnt for the cool bands, seminars, and all the TC people, oh and RUM, I wouldn't go. That place is on its tiki death bed.
sorry to be such a nay sayer, but the truth is the truth.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s. maybe we can get a bunch of party city rainbow tiki stuff to liven up tiki oasis, ha ha ha. :roll:

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-05-15 21:46 ]

R

"Right in the lumber yard, Danny"

Hmmmmm....Caliente Tropics for T.O. VIII ????

C
Cammo posted on Tue, May 8, 2007 7:29 PM

Just Sherlocked the whole Hanalei/Crown Plaza hotel.

Bottom line is, the only major change is in the restaurant, and in the lobby. The restaurant is now twice as big, yes it has beige walls, but it still has a tropical/south seas feel. Almost nothing else has been done to the hotel.

They're not changing anything else now or in the future. It will be known as the Hanalei Conference Center, the new signs all say that. The gardens, the outriggers, everything will stay. They've actually put up more weapons and masks on the walls, if anything.

The funny thing to me is simply that the changes they have made are obviously bad business decisions. The happening spot at the hotel is the sushi bar & bar, there are literally three times more people there than at the restaurant. People obviously love the Tiki/sushi/polynesian drinks spot, and hang there for hours. Nobody is in the restaurant. Maybe that has a lot to do with the NEW MENU which is TERRIBLE!

I followed two suits around, one explaining to the other all about the changes, and they both seemed so jazzed about it, like they had created a billion-dollar hotel from a sow's ear. The little tour was ironic, because the new polish they've put on the place is not attracting customers, diners, or guests. It's so friggin obvious.

I mean, what do they expect returning guests to say? - - -

"Look, Esther! The walls are beige. How pretty! And the menu is just like Howard Jonson's now. Delightful! We'll have to tell all our friends about the new changes!"

Well, don't worry, it's not that bad and you can goof on it all you want now. Don't be shy - those suits WANT your opinions.

The booze will make everything ok!

TL

I vote for Humphreys Half Moon Bay for Oasis XIII, Its got tiki a nice pool and its within staggering distance of the Bai Hai!

O
Otto posted on Sun, May 13, 2007 11:11 PM

Well stated Cammo.

I couldn't agree with you more and although I knew about this remodel for a long time, when I first heard about it it came out of left field. AND I had already signed a contract for this year's event so I couldn't really say to them, "IF you destroy The Islands, then we will not have Oasis there." Then they could have said OK, we'll sue you for $50K
But for all the destruction, we can still look on the bright side and see lush tropical landscaping and a Moai by the pool. Stephen Crane's Luau artifacts in the atrium along with waterfalls, tropical drinks served in Tiki mugs, and some elements of the historic Hanalei hotel still intact.
Management has informed me that some (more) of the artifacts from the Islands restaurant will be re-installed onto the walls in the lobby and in the restaurant and the Islands Outrigger sign is apparently still there?
As far as a collection of artifacts goes it will still have more Tikis than Humphreys. . . .

[ Edited by: Otto 2007-05-13 23:13 ]

[ Edited by: Otto 2007-05-25 14:46 ]

Booya!

thats right!

I just realized that since I'm participating in the "Native Chop Chop" on Sunday. I plan on booking myself for another night -- with a check out on Monday.

Maybe I trust I'll see more than a few Oasis folks there on Monday as well....

Hey all, this will be my first year at Tiki Oasis. Just thought I'd introduce myself and maybe ask what to expect. I FULLY intend on participating the room crawl. Polynesian Painkillers in my room!

[ Edited by: billybobaloo 2007-06-02 12:50 ]

TL

Hey Otto, Any updates on Saturdays symposiums, as far as tickets and prices.

C

Looking forward to meeting you!

O
Otto posted on Thu, Jun 28, 2007 7:20 PM

Suffice to say they will be awesome (except for mine, don't go to mine so I don't ahve to work very hard cause I'll probably be hungover AND sleep deprived)

We are trying to work out a shopping cart issue on the website. The tickets are up for sale on the site but I did not want to announce it til I was SURE that it worked.

So, consider this an announcement to Tiki Cnetral that tix are on sale and limited

Free symposiums also have capacity limits so you should book them too

On 2007-06-04 14:05, tiki leki wrote:

C

Yeah - we bought our Symposium tickets just earlier today - seemed to work just fine - no problems at all

O
Otto posted on Thu, Jun 28, 2007 7:50 PM

Suffice to say they will be awesome (except for mine, don't go to mine so I don't have to work very hard cause I'll probably be hungover AND sleep deprived)

We are trying to work out a shopping cart issue on the website. The tickets are up for sale on the site but I did not want to announce it til I was SURE that it worked.

So, consider this an announcement to Tiki Central that tix are on sale and limited

Free symposiums also have capacity limits so you should book them too

On 2007-06-04 14:05, tiki leki wrote:

B

Hello there! We need a few VOLUNTEERS for Tiki Oasis! Want to get involved behind the scenes?

Specifically I am looking for a....

MYSPACE, blog lovin' person to help spread the word of the Tiki Oasis (perfect for a myspace junkie!)

AND

Someone in LA that can hit up a club this Saturday the 7th in LA and hit up a couple other places over the next week or so with flyers (perfect for the LA social butterfly!)

Both of these positions = FREE ticket to the event!

if interested e-mail me at: [email protected]

XOXO Baby Doe
Tiki Oasis

Less than 3 weeks away now! I am starting to pick out the right aloha / tiki shirts already.

The line up of music entertainers is fantastic. King Kukulele is a MUST HAVE at Tiki Oasis; I don't know how he remembers all the words! The Martini Kings with the vibes and bass will really add smoothness to the room. I can never get enough of The MaiKai Gents (FTMMML); local folk to me. And I am very excited to see and hear Ernie Menehune this year!

The only other wild and crazy band I am familiar with isn't on this years lineup is Waitiki. Love to get them out here on the West Coast to party with us!

See you all soon!
Aloha
Myke

B

Volunteer for Tiki Oasis and get in for FREE!  (or make some Spending Money!)

Hukilau Brown here, your Volunteer Wrangler again for Tiki Oasis 7!  The wonderful thing about Tiki Oasis is that it is volunteer run. Without your help the event would not be the amazing success that it is, so be part of the community and be part of Tiki Oasis!  I welcome our new volunteers and  a hearty e' kono mai tai to all the returning Volunteer Ohana.

Where else can you work two hours a day, meet everyone at the party and drink on the job!  For those that remember last year, YOU NO DRINK E'NUF MAI TAI, BRAH!  I think we all had fun.

Every year volunteers tell me they had even a better time volunteering because of all the cool people you meet.  First come first served!  Tell your friends to volunteer and see you at the Oasis!

To request a shift or if you have questions,  please e-mail me directly at . PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON TIKI CENTRAL CAUSE HUKILUA BROWN ain't on here brah!

+++++++

PS from Baby Doe,
We have added in a few PAID shifts this year! Please note you need to work 4 hours over the course of the weekend and you get a FREE ticket to Tiki Oasis PLUS a gift from TIki News. Note: you can totally just work one shift for the heck of it too!

XOXO baby doe

B

REMEMBER to purchase your TICKETS to TIki Oasis!

http://www.tikioasis.com

Pre-Sale tickets will soon be taken off the website! Just because you have a room doesn't mean you get into the evening events! Purchase your tickets now!

XOXO Baby Doe

I do not have tickets for anything yet. AND have not been able to break through the first page of tikioasis.com for so long I can't remember.
Anyone have issues getting to the TO site or is it just my feeble computer?

Mr. NoNaMe, if your having problems volunteer and avoid the headache

MN

On 2007-08-02 12:53, Dr. Shocker wrote:
Mr. NoNaMe, if your having problems volunteer and avoid the headache

I think I'll be too whipped from chopping to be effective in any type of volunteership. I may need someone to wheel me around. Maybe one of those Scottish clown doctors I keep hearing about will give a scotch drip to ease my pains. :wink:

B

Oh my! I have not heard of anyone having problems with the website! So weird!

TRY this direct link to zee tickets: http://www.tikioasis.com/store/

Also here is direct link to booking rooms:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/advancedsearch?whichtype=room&roomResult=none&hotelCode=sancp&quickRes=city&_GPC=TIK&checkInDate=16&checkOutMonthYear=072007&checkInMonthYear=072007&checkOutDate=20&_requestid=101520

IF for some reason you are still having problems you can send $40 direct to our paypal account: [email protected]
Please note that you should put your FULL NAME for the Will call list with your payment.

XOXO Baby Doe

MN

Deerderderrrr, it must be my big fat fingures, I tell ya. Duhh.

I think that programmer Querty keeps messing with my computer, duheeeyy?

I made thru when Otto sent me the link. :blush: :drink:

i'm still unclear on the mugs. i booked too late to pre-order a mug. will there be any available at the event?

CL

I can't wait!!! TIKI OASIS SD!!! See ya'll there! :)

I'm witcha....starting to throw some goodies in my suitcase today....wooo hooo!!!

O
Otto posted on Sun, Aug 5, 2007 10:23 PM

On 2007-08-03 11:23, kingstiedye wrote:
i booked too late to pre-order a mug. will there be any available at the event?

It has not been announced yet because we are focusing on other matters but we will be selling about 40 mugs on Friday night during the entertainment

details and exact time will be announced later

The hotel website never worked for me for some reason. I just said "fuck it" and went in to the hotel to take care of it. Had to pre-pay, but it's not like I ever planned on backing out, anyways. I'm pretty sure I'll be making about three truckloads, man. One for the wifes crap, one for the roomcrawl deco, and one for the chop. You people who are flying in are blessed by limitation!!

I can answer that. HUGE PLUS! all events take place inside the courtyard/lanai this year.

Pages: 1 2 88 replies