Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

SAVE Trader Vic's 90210 - Cast Your V-Vote

Pages: 1 2 58 replies

This opens the "Virtual Vote Tally Thread" for the "SAVE TRADER VIC'S 90210" campaign. If you wish to add your "V-Vote", go to this link:

http://www.cosmicassociates.com/vvote-savetradervicsbh.htm

Follow the PC/Mac instructions to send the "Ballot Graphic" to the email addresses posted there, then copy the "I Voted" stub image text on the lower right, and post it on this thread (which will appear like this in the thread) --

-- this will signify your participation, share the tally of votes made with the TC community, and may be of further use to the campaign.

Post one stubb image for each Virtual Vote you email. Please send only one email to each of the addresses on the Virtual Vote page.

This thread is not intended to replace the current "TC to Save TV's" thread, which contains valuable commentary text and photographs regarding this campaign.

Mahalo nui for participating.
SOK

(ps: This "V-Vote"-thing is something new, so if you have any problems or questions, please email [email protected] to convey them, specifying "Save TV's 90210 V-Vote" in the subject line. Aloha, SOK)

SOK

S

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-03-12 19:55 ]

I had the pleasure of visiting Trader Vics 90210 in 2006 and cant believe that anybody would want to remove this piece of nostalgia

K

Great Job! This was quite "the worth while project" as I sipped my first cup of coffee this morning. Still planning on being out in L.A. in November.

Here is a copy of the note that I sent to each entity...

"I would like to formally cast my vote to save the historic Trader Vic's location is Beverly Hills. This is a unique architectural design that symbolizes an equally unique period in California as well as American history. Representative of mid-20th century minimalistic style, this structure is a hallmark example of elegance and primitivism. The signed folk art that adorns the sides of the building is considered priceless and irreplaceable, as is the tropical inspired landscape design that was customized to fit the dimension and scale of the building in astute and professional fashion. Trader Vic's served as a meeting place for many of Hollywood's classic celebrities such as John Wayne, Dean Martin, Milton Byrle, Marilyn Monroe, John F. Kennedy, Sid Caesar, Micky Rooney, Frank Sinatra, and an amazing host of others. This building truly defines the era in which it was built and is well suited to be promoted as such. From an academic standpoint, this building serves as an architectural design subject within many college and university programs across the country. Its loss would have a tremendous impact on the many architecture and design students who visit and study this site.

If Trader Vic's franchise does not choose to remain in this location I ask that you please consider appropriate adaptive-use measures that will preserve the building and its surrounding landscape for the benefit of the local community and the thousands of visitors that flock into the City Limits each year. This structure is a true icon of a fabulous era in American history and must not be lost."

A little wordy, but the point is there...

Mahalo,

Swamp

R

I cast my 3 votes to each of the designated recipients...

Mahalo!
~Rupe

O

Life is a state of mind

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-03-13 07:36 ]

Right on John!!

Am technology challenged but I voted via snail mail. I stole a good chunk of your message, Swamp Tiki. It was well put.

T

I voted!

Plus, it looks great in your signature line!

[ Edited by: TikiJosh 2007-03-13 13:24 ]

And a personal letter.

Hope this works.

WOW! I acually received a email from the Mayor - city councils office did you?? although short & sweet.. They are hearing us. Don't give up!!
Copy/ quote:

Sent : Tuesday, March 13, 2007 12:15 PM
To : "Kelly" @hotmail.com>
Subject : RE: (attn: Mayor Stephen Webb)

| | | Inbox

Dear Kelly,

Your email has been shared with the City Council.

Regards,

Amy

-----Original Message-----

I got the same response back from Amy at the Mayor's.

Thanks to everyone for helping with this effort. :tiki:

P

Not looking good for me for the 17th...but I'm still trying!

:)

[ Edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:30 ]

I voted!

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-03-15 11:20 ]

TS

Not only did I just shoot them emails with the image(3), but I also enclosed the following paragraph:
Hello,
Please, let us not lose another architectural landmark. We've lost enough mid-century architecture due to "progress", and what do we have left to show for it? Are Johnny Rockets restaurants & the "New" Bob's Big Boy's chain going to represent mid-century Americana for our children and children's children? We, as a society, have very little left from a historical standpoint, and Trader Vic's of Beverly Hills sure has carried it's own history. Everyone from Frank Sinatra to Ozzy Osbourne has eaten & or drank at this fine establishment. Please allow me to say, let's not allow the demolition of such a treasure. Please consider supporting the movement to save Trader Vic's, because sometimes things are worth more saving, than trying to make a little more revenue, and Trader Vic's is the last priceless & successful mid-century restaurant/business in Beverly Hills.
Sincerely,
Tom Pearson
Redondo Beach, CA

My Vote has been cast.

T

I voted three times. However, unable to cut and past the picture.

Tikitatt

I voted!!

WOOOHOOOO! Don't Forget to Vote!!! Every Vote Counts :)

I voted and sent to all 3 addresses

J

I've never been to a TV's but will hopefully change that eventually! My votes are in...

, ,

RD

O

Please add your votes to help us save Trader Vic's 90210

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-03-26 20:20 ]

Have you voted yet?

Life is a state of mind

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-03-28 11:09 ]

Glad to help out!

T

, ,

Pages: 1 2 58 replies