Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

SAVE Trader Vic's 90210 - Cast Your V-Vote

Pages: 1 2 58 replies

, ,

And then my husband voted as well, so:
, ,

Apologies for bumping here, but I, and (so far) 48 other Standup 'Ohana happen to think that saving Trader Vic's Beverly Hills from destruction is worth making some noise about.

And I'll keep making noise about it until the joint is saved or torn down. Still time for any of the other 1600+ who've looked in on this effort to also show they give a damn.

Cheers and aloha (and proud to be one of the 48),
SOK

http://www.cosmicassociates.com/vvote-savetradervicsbh.htm

Votes are in!

It took me about ten minutes to do this, by the way. I am medium computer illiterate but I figured out how. I even wrote a succinct but impassioned letter to go along with the votes.

Ten minutes, folks.

I have visited the place a few times now and those are precious moments to me. It's a beautiful, wonderful, luminous tiki restaurant.

[ Edited by: procinema29 2007-04-11 15:17 ]

http://www.cosmicassociates.com/vvote-savetradervicsbh.htm

Bumping. Mahalo to the Voters.

Aloha,
SOK

"Don't let it be forgot,
That once there was a Spot,
Where Blowfish all wore sunglasses,
and Tiki-times were hot..."

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2007-04-25 10:08 ]

R

[ Edited by: Rattiki 2007-04-25 15:19 ]

O

Thanks to everyone who voted to try and save Trader Vic's.

I see it did alot of good
sorry to be so pessimistic.
but modern society tends to do that to people.

going there more often or for 1st time,(for those that hadn't been)
might have been a better thing to do than a e-vote. IMHO

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Ya BTD, it sucks, but trying to do something is better than doing nothing about it. I personally was pissed, but then came to a realization that we cannot win all the time. Given the fact I didn't just sit on my associate and read the threads without participation, I feel good in the fact that I'm sure the Trader Vic's staff appreciated our interests & effort. It wasn't enough to save Trader Vic's but I DID vote, I DID contact the media, I DID attend TV. We lost, but we lost trying. Even when you know deep down the cards are against you, its better to fight than to give up.

I agree with what you say, but when it comes to buissness, there are 2 things that have an impact, being busy all the time, and making tons of Money.
and how much money that property can make as other forms of income.

money rules this world plain and simple.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

M

I heard on the news today that Trader Vics will still offer a poolside bar/restaurant at the Beverly Hilton which will open in a few weeks, and will still serve their signature drinks. Dissapointing to lose the original space, but there wasn't much left of it at this point, besides that great entryway and the mai-tais. I had more than a few dissapointing meals there...

Aloha to the Voters!

Posted about this on AtomKitty's new thread --
"Trader Vic's Bev Hills closing THIS TUESDAY???!!!"
-- and don't want to spam here.

Aloha to the Fighters -- To everybody who first got together on TikiShout, to Swamp Tiki's very respectable petition work, to Ojaitimo's on-the-scene camera (taking some of the last ever pictures of a "whole" Trader Vic's Beverly Hills), to Tom Slick's clear and passionate concern and valuable information, to VampTiki's successful cellphone link-up from the TV's Emeryville on what would be TVs 90210's last St. Patrick's Day, to everybody who joined up at TV's BH on 2-17 & 3-17, and everybody who wanted to be there.

Mahalo nui nui for showing your Great Spirit. I'm proud to be among such 'Ohana.

SOK

"Don't let it be forgot,
That once there was a Spot,
Where Blowfish all wore sunglasses,
and Tiki-times were hot..."

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2007-05-01 14:56 ]

Pages: 1 2 58 replies