Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

murder at club tiki **a project**

Pages: 1 15 replies

Alright...so it's obviously been awhile since I, the annoying Andy, has posted some art ever since my ceramic tiki accessories. NOW, I bring you an all new piece I whipped up in my Digital Class up at the NH Institute of Art. The photoshop Digital Tiki!

-In Progress-

-Completed-

This was one of my first works with a Wacom pad so go easy. :o

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2007-03-16 14:55 ]

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2007-03-27 19:38 ]

cool, man!
there's a nh institute of art? where at?

Right in the center of manchester, NH.

P

pocky, work with layers and the "burn"/"dodge" tools. learn them, love them.

*taught by marvel comics photoshoppers . . .

(i have a 12" X 18" wacom cintiq.)

M

Excellent Pocky!

McTiki

Keep up the great work....it's looking good. :)

UPDATE!!

Alright guys! After a long and tedious week, I have finally gotten around to completing my project. All of you remember the Tiki i scanned and then digitally enhanced on photoshop, well here's the result. A Photoshopped movie poster! Hope you all like it!

(In the lower left hand corner, that little white rectangle is a custom logo I created for myself. I also wrote out all that miniature text at the very bottom with my own name and names of my friends. Enjoy!

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2007-03-27 19:44 ]

H
hewey posted on Tue, Mar 27, 2007 8:56 PM

Thats cool.

Multiply and screen and good choices for rendering as well. Also, if you threshhold the line art, you can fill with the paintbucket and keep your line integrity. I was a color supervisor for Marvel comics back in 95-96 and we used those tricks as well! Looking good!

http://www.suburbanpagan.com/m3.html

some Marvel stuff

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-03-27 22:37 ]

M

Way to go Pocky!

I have a question...When you say "you created your own Logo" Are you getting it copyrighted through the guild, or copyright office? Or, is it automatic because you have signed your work?

Having some thoughts about our logo before it is published.

Mahalo

McTiki

well down in the left hand corner, is just a little makeshift logo i created or myself. It's nothing professional. Just made it up. I'm not part of a big company. I'm just me. :)

M

Avast ye waife! I'll be takin the lil logo then.... Yar Har Har!

On 2007-03-28 06:11, McTiki wrote:
Avast ye waife! I'll be takin the lil logo then.... Yar Har Har!

only if you let everyone know it's my logo. :)

M

Only if ye signed it!

What logo?

lol!

Mahalo

McTiki

lo go lo go a pirates stash will be!!!!

OK...that poster is just great....I love the mix of tiki, neon and film noire (those two were some of my fave actors). Will ya be making any posters of this? :)

I actually could. And I have. I have one which is currently in my room. I never actually thought about selling them, but that's a really neat idea!!

If i get the chance to print out some more of these I'll let you know!

Pages: 1 15 replies