Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki central happy seventh anniversary! 3/23/02

Pages: 1 2 50 replies

M

March 23, 2002

A toast is in order, so allow me to start by saying, "Cinquieme anniversaire heureux! Glücklicher fünfter Jahrestag! Quinto anniversario felice! Gelukkige vijfde verjaardag! Dude, half a deck-aid, whoa!"

That's five years today. Congratulations to HL! Thank you for starting Tiki Central, keeping the old gang together and maintaining the place all these long years. Well done, and kudos to all those that keep it a going concern: the moderators, advertisers, members, and all you tiki fanatics out there.

Five years? Wow. From small things, baby. I believe number five is wood, anniversary-wise.

midnite

[ Edited by: midnite_tiki 2009-03-23 14:51 ]

H

Holy moley! I didn't realize. Happy anniversary! It's actually the five-year anniversary of Tiki Central moving to its own website, of course; Tiki Central started a few years earlier than that (2000?) using the Yahoo Groups setup.

It's amazing how five years will fly right past you, isn't it? Man, what a great five years it's been, too, thanks to all of the fine people who frequent this joint. Okole maluna to all of you!

And a massive thanks, of course, to Hanford Lemoore for making it all possible! Hanford plays a special role in my life, obviously... but even if that pairing hadn't come to pass, what he's created in Tiki Central had already changed my life, fantastically, for the eternal better.

:drink:

Way to go, Tiki Central and Hanford Lemoore! You :tiki: reign supreme!

BIG group hug! :)

Congratulations! I'm a new member and really appreciate a site like this one!

[ Edited by: Fres-tiki 2007-03-23 17:30 ]

[ Edited by: Fres-tiki 2007-03-23 17:31 ]

WoooHooo! Hau'oli la Ho'omana'o Tiki Central :)

Group hug!!! I have only been around a few months but just love it here, the people are great, the art is fantastic, the tiki is 5 star. Big kudos to Hanford for have such a fun place to live and breath tiki.

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY TIKI CENTRAL :tiki:

Wow!

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations! and Thank You Hanford!

Cheers!

(That's five exclamation points one for each year.)

Yippeee KaiYeah, Mother #*%^$&!!!

K

Cheers! :drink:

Thanks everyone! As Humu pointed out, Tiki Central was actually started in 2000 (hence seven annual Tiki Bar crawls and counting) but today is the anniversary of moving Tiki Central off of Yahoo to its current green site.

Thanks to everyone who have helped make it a wonderful place to visit!
:drink:

~Hanford

tribal dance in loin cloth

Congratulations, Hanford, on TC's "5.0 Anniversary"! (Post 'em, Dano...)

Mahalo nui nui to you for creating a genuine phenomenon, and bringing so many strange and wonderful Polynesiacs together across the cyber-seas.

Cheers and warm aloha from the Demented Menehunes here on YoYo Island, we're "Tapping the Admiral" this weekend for you and TC!

SOK

Happy Anniversary TC!

H
hewey posted on Sat, Mar 24, 2007 3:00 PM

Happy 5th! :D

B

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

O

Happy 5th to Tiki Central.
Thanks Hanford and Humuhumu for a great group that I'm proud to be a part of.

Life is a state of mind

[

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-03-24 22:21 ]

Congrats! Tiki Central was a welcome find when I was starting the Tiki Gardens Memorial. While not in on the ground floor of the Yahoo days, I remember those days. A group of fine people and an ever growing database of tiki.

Congrats again.

Tiki Gardener

http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

I've only been here about 6 months. This is a great site. Many thanks for everything!

P

Really is a great web site and group.

Happy Anniversary!

Congratulations Hanford!!!! :)

You've done good!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

:tiki: HA5? NOW LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!! -and what a great community to be a part of...chokest mahaloz Hanford! :drink:

Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :D

M

Whoops! I let this slide a day.

Happy Anniversary Tiki Central!

That's six years, seems like just yesterday it was Sunday. Seven year itch, coming up! Thanks HL, wherever you are.

"Should auld acquaintance be forgot And days of auld lang syne....uh...blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, for auld lang syne!"

It's a wonderful site,
uncle midnite

S

Been chatting with these people for 8ish years and met a lot of them since then.

Must re-iterate that TC is a great group of people.

Gee whiz, time flies! It's been eight years (since Yahoo) that I've been involved in Tiki Central. The friends I've made, events I've attended and band I've formed, etc, etc, etc,... all because of this website! Really can't thank you enough, Hanford. Mahalo!

-Weird Unc

Maururuu for this wonderful website! :drink:

WoooHooo! Hau'oli la Ho'omana'o Tiki Central :) Here's to many, many, many more...

Yikes! yes, eight years since the Yahoo days, but six since we launched the expanded version here on tikicentral.com

Thanks to everyone who makes this place so great. Sorry I've not had a lot of time to work on things here, but hopefully 2008 will be a big year for Tiki Central.

Mahalo everyone!

~HAnford

its changed the way I spend my day.

for certain

Eventhough it's only been 2+ years for me...

Thanks, Mr. H.

T

It has only been a couple of months for me but I can echo all the setiments above.
Rick

P

Made a lot of life long friends here.
A few dozen close ones.
Had a lot of good times that were initiated at this site.

Hanford, I remember the conversation we had outside of F.I. last summer.
You've achieved all of the goals you had for this place and more.

Mahalo for your efforts.

I really rely on Tiki Central for staying in touch with the Vox Populi, and am convinced there is no site that represents the complete spectrum of Tiki culture as well. I am sorry that I refuse to join other sites, blogs and societies, it is because my time is limited, and Tiki Central covers all the bases for me. Mahalo Hanford.

Blah

Blah

Blah!

JOKING!!!

Tiki Central Rocks!!

H

I can't even think about having breakfast every morning with anyone else but TC. Thank you Hanford.

I probably need posting intervention...I am a TC addict. :lol:

The board is awesome and so are all the wonderful people. Thanks H for maintaining such a great community of tiki enthusiasts/artists/mentors. :)

We are so very fortunate... for this connection with each other.

TL

The most pertinent BB for my own profession posts 2-5 messages a week on a good week.
TC emails me 50-100 posts daily, sometimes more - and that's just from a couple of the forums...
Hanford, Tiki Central really is just what the name says, and because of TC the 'ohana is a very vibrant and connected community!
Muchoz mahaloz for all your work creating and maintaining the Central Nervous System of the Tiki community worldwide.

Long live Tiki Central: the Tiki CNS of the universe!

Happy Birthday TC

Mahalo Hanford TC rocks!

Shout out to all the ohana who drive this train. "I love you man"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TC!
Hanford-you created something
that now has a life of it's own!
what a beautiful thing....
MAHALOZ!

O

Happy Birthday TC, Hanford thanks for keeping Tiki within a moments reach at any time of the day and night! (Yes Vamp, more than a few of us need an intervention)

J

Thanks Hanford, as a friend said, this place is like "crack", can't get enough.

M

March 23, 2002

Seven years!

Itchy? I'm not itchy. Who's itchy?

Cheers HL,
midnite

H

Let's get this right.

On 2007-03-23 22:02, hanford_lemoore wrote:
...Tiki Central was actually started in 2000 ...

Thanks, Hanford! You da man!

T

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TC !

I've been here 5 out of the 7.

Hanford, thanx for being the epicenter of Tiki for 7 years !

CJ

I want my $24's back! This thing is full of nerds and drunks!

Pages: 1 2 50 replies