Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tonga hut tiki night 2! *saturday, march 31st*

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

Mark you calendars folks!

Exciting details to follow!

Mahalo,

Bartender Suzy

I'm bumping my own thread, sad, I know. . .

Hey, I forgot to say, 'Blue Hawaiian' attire is strongly encouraged!

There may be prizes!

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2007-03-24 00:41 ]

editted to give The King some hip action!

[ Edited by: ookoo lady 2007-03-24 19:02 ]

Mezmerizing, Ookoo... (except, shouldn't it be The King's hips that are rocking? Doesn't matter, it's fun to watch with a little Hal Aloma spinning in the bg...)

The Demented Menehunes are planning an island escape, and looking forward to Blue Hawaii Tiki Night at the Tonga. We'll try to be in proper attire, but have'ta say, when we're at the Tonga Hut, we're always having too much fun to be blue, Thank you very much...

Cheers and aloha,
SOK

http://www.yoyoisland.com

(p.s.: Fabu Ookoo! When you hot-rod those hips, you don't spare the swing (and that's why Sullivan only shot him from the waist up...)

"Don't let it be forgot,
That once there was a Spot,
Where Blowfish all wore sunglasses,
and Tiki-times were hot..."

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2007-03-26 10:48 ]

OoKoo Lady! That is SO AWESOME!

You made my day. :)

Kelbo, can't wait to see what those Demented Menehunes get up to after a few Blue Hawaiians!

Man this Auta be the KATS MEOWWWWWWWW . sippin on Cocktails great freinds . !!!!!!!!!

I know it's not the Blue Hawaii Elvis but this guy is still cool!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Mar 24, 2007 6:20 PM

ELVIS was cool. This guy is just one of theMANY imitators. His art may be cool, but that's as far as COOL goes with this guy.Kirby would never pee on smebody's truck who was really cool. If he actually shows up to have some Blue Hawaiians on Suzy's Tiki night at the Tonga Hut, than MAYBE he might have a touch of cool in him. We'll have to see.

Suzy, you got SPAMMED by Tyger Jimmy again, definitely NOT COOL.

Jimmy, does that cigar come signed by Monica Lewinsky or Bill Clinton? It's a tribute piece, right?

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-03-24 18:23 ]

So is this a warm up gig for the Blue Hawaiians?

How is everyone gonna fit in there??

Should be a rockin show fo sure!!

Are pre-sale tickets avail??

This sucks! Already got tickets for the Enchanted Tiki Room Event!!! Oh well! Next time!

Yeah, sorry Suzy, I have been planning to go to the Exttinct attractions Tiki Roomevent in Anaheim on that date for some time.

Tikicutie

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 26, 2007 8:04 AM

GROG look forward to getting another blue tongue on Staurday.

Say Suze Muze, isn't that YOUR Blue Hawaiian painting on the flyer up top? You're very talented. You should consider a career in art.

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-03-26 08:07 ]

Mahalo, Suzy...! The Demented Menehunes are holdin' their breath in anticipation of your mixology-magic (which should make them pretty blue by Saturday night...)

Then we're stealin' a boat...

BY POPULAR TC DEMAND. . .

Hey TC Ohana,
Thank you for all your support, input and enthusiasm for the revitalization of the TONGA HUT!
We want to make your Tonga Hut experience the best it can be, so I have done some research, and we will be changing/upgrading/retro fitting a few of our tiki drinks!
Including:

New Zombie (new for the Tonga Hut, but true to the vintage Dr. Cocktail recipe-more tangy and complex than sugar sweet-no grenadine or creme de almond folks!)

New Blue Hawaii (this is the authentic receipe first created by bartender Henry Yee at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort in 1957)

Navy Grog- just added to the menu! A tasty way to prevent scurvy! Ahoy Matey!

Blue Hawaiian (creamy)- This is a creamy, foamy, coco-nutty version of the traditional Blue Hawaiian-the ladies dig it!

Be the FIRST to try these new and updated concoctions THIS SATURDAY, MARCH 31st!

To all of you who cannot join us, we will drink a toast to you!
Have fun at the Enchanted Tiki Room event, and see you next time!

Mahalo! :)

-Bartender Suzy

Suzy,
if there are no surf shows doin' Im there,

glad to hear your bartending with new drink recipes.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

It auta be a KOOL Event , Hey Suzy How about a SPAM TIA . lets see 1 part spam, 2 parts rum a dash of pineapple & float it with myers dark . humm may be a new Drink.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Mar 27, 2007 1:23 PM

GROG just realize that's THIS Saturday!! Yay!!!! GROG need a drink. Maybe GROG bring GROG's Grog mug from Doug Horne and try out the Navy Grog. Is it wrong for GROG to drink grog out of Grog?

GROG working up a a real big thirst, Suzy.

K

On 2007-03-27 13:23, GROG wrote:
Is it wrong for GROG to drink grog out of Grog?

Only if it isn't too confusing for GROG...
I've heard he's easily confused, at least according to Kinny.
I bet that after a few grogs GROG gets kinda groggy!
:lol:
K.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Mar 27, 2007 6:30 PM

GROG groggy? GROG confused, GROG not get it. GROG go take nap. Maybe if GROG sleep on it, GROG figure it out.

Few more Days , till party time Yippie ,

I purchased a ticket to the Enchanted Tiki Room shin-dig, otherwise I'd be sippin' blue cocktails with ya'll. Drats, I even had a lovely blue dress picked out for the event.

Have fun!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 29, 2007 8:33 AM

SATURDAY! SATURDAY!! SATURDAY!!!! TOPLESS FLAIR BARTENDING AT THE TONGA HUT!!!!

Hey Suzy, your thread got knocked down a bit, so GROG figured GROG should bump it up a bit for you.

You're welcome.

[ Edited by: grog 2007-03-29 08:34 ]

Hang out with Elvis, Bartender Suzy, and a bunch of your Tiki Central friends!

Our guest DJ for the night is the fantastic (and slightly evil) DEVIL ONE!
Some of you Lucky Tiki regulars may remember him.
Playing Surf, Exotica, 60's Garage, Rockabilly, Dance hall, and even some guilty pleasure 80's tunes when we are all good and sloshed. -That's where the 'EVIL' comes in. . .

3 Fantastic bartenders serving up luscious libations!
Blue Hawaii Night's Drink Specials will be:

•Blue Hawaii (the Original 1957 recipe)
•Blue Hawaiian (Creamy and frothy with Coconut Rum!)
•Zombie (This is the NEW Tonga hut zombie, taken from the Vintage Dr.Cocktail recipe. Be the first to try and tell us what you think!)
•Navy Grog (Buy GROG a grog for his grog and see him get groggy!)

*There is also word of a NEW Tonga Hut cocktail crafted by one of our own Tiki Central Ohana!
So far it is mysterious and has Jeremy running all over town buying ingredients! Can't wait to find out more about this!

Soooooo. . . . MEET ME AT THE TONGA HUT!!!!!
SATURDAY-MARCH 31st, 8pm until close.

Mahalo!
Suzy

Check out this awesome flyer made by our special guest Dj DEVIL ONE!

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2007-03-29 18:28 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Mar 30, 2007 7:52 AM

Ookoo showing some Photoshop sqills! Nice.

And where might AtomKitty's other hand be...? Oooo.

The Demented Menehunes gettin' bluer by the hour...

We stole the boat, an' we're bustin' off this crazy island. Paddle all night, all day, should make the Tonga by moonrise...

SOK

(and yes, LLT, the "Mounted Squirrel" is top notch, concept and execution)

Come to the Tonga Hut! Save Elvis before it's too late....

OOKOO's bustin out with the computer!
Have fun tonight kids!
Don't get too Drunk!
I'm blue and I'll miss all of you!
:(

G
GROG posted on Sat, Mar 31, 2007 12:44 PM

Oh great, Kinny's not going to be there, so Kirby will have to find somebody elses vehicle to whizz on.

K

Hey GROG~ bring your Flintsone car~ it should be water/pee proof...
have a drink for me!
:D
K.

TONIGHT!

MEET ME AT THE TONGA HUT! :)

H

Nantiki and I will be there. See you all there.

S
squid posted on Sat, Mar 31, 2007 5:47 PM

On 2007-03-31 15:18, atomikitty wrote:
TONIGHT!

MEET ME AT THE TONGA HUT! :)

I've already met you. You're name's Suzy, right?

Giant Crab attacking The King? Clearly Okoo Lady has discovered the long lost print of --

Paddles diggin' in, land in sight -- Tonga Hut-Ho! (or would that be 'NO-HO'?)

Cheers,
SOK

H

Suzers' Navy Grog. :) :) :) :drink: :drink: :) :) :) :drink: :drink: :) :) :)

J

Pics soon?!?

I don't think anyone took any pictures. There was a nice turnout. The special Blue Hawaii drinks were delicious and there was even dancing on the dance floor. So maybe it's good there were no pictures. :wink:

Oh but wait! I HAVE PICTURES!!!!

Mwaaahhh haa haaa. . . . (evil laughter and finger tenting)

Saturday night was a BLAST! Thank you so much everyone how came out and shared the tiki love!
Thank you too for the great feedback on the new recipes. :)
BigTikiDude, you and I will have a summit at the bar one of these days, and we will not leave until we nail down the perfect Zombie recipe for you!:)

I took some pictures early in the night, and then some crazy ones later at the bar, but I wasn't able to get everybody. :(
Hiltiki, I think I missed you and your crew, but thank you so much for coming, your smiling face always makes my night!
I also wish I had gotten some shots of people out on the dance floor-THAT WAS SO FUN!!!
Tiki Tena and her Man can really GET DOWN!!!

Silly, embarrassing and incriminating photos to follow soon!

For those of you who didn't get your Saturday shenanigans captured by my lens. . .perhaps you should consider yourself lucky!
Hee Hee!

Suzy, all,
yeah Fun night without a billion people,
too bad those bar crawler yuppies showed up, oh well...

Zombie meeting, sure deal count me in.
but we have to go to Tiki ti to do the homework...:)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 2, 2007 10:38 AM

DISCLAIMER----Any pictures of GROG doing something embarrassing were TOTALLY alcohol induced. GROG remember arriving at Tonga Hut and ordering a drink, and next thing GROG remember is waking up next day with big hangover. So, anything that happened inbetween, GROG cannot be held accountable.

(Suzy--there's 20 bucks in it for you if you DON'T post any pictures of GROG from Saturday)

Hmmmm. . . .20 bucks is pretty sweet. . . .

But I DO have some pretty good pics. . . .what to do, what to do. . . .

Anybody got a counter offer? :)

Hey Susie!
I'm with Ernie!
20 bucks if you don't post any pix of GROG!
Frankly, we're sick of looking at him! :)

Suzy,
I'll buy the Zombies at Tiki Ti when we do the taste test school thing if you do post the pics of Grog....

he must have been there a loooooong time, because when I left at 11:30 he seemed fine. well as fine as Grog can be :wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S
squid posted on Mon, Apr 2, 2007 5:55 PM

Suzy- So sorry we couldn't make it for TN2. Sounds like it was a blast! Definitely next time. Now on with the incriminating pix!

M

I wish I could have made it. Tell me though, did Crazy El make the scene?

:lol:
whatta Monday!

Pages: 1 2 65 replies