Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Unlucky Tourist in Stock - Intergalactic ready end of May!

Pages: 1 35 replies

First to the Flounder piece...

We've gone through a boatload of glazes, tryin' to glaze this puppy. It's got so much smooth surface texture that our traditional reactive glazes made it look blothcy.

Then, one day while down in the lab, we played around with some compounds and the result was... supersonic! We proudly present you with an ultra cool new space age glaze on our ultra cool new space age offering...

Arriving mid-April and available ONLY on the Tiki Farm website! This one's made in the good ol' US of A!

Next up, our first project with the super-duper talented Dirty Donny...

At the complete other end of the spectrum. Far, far away from the furthest recesses of the universe but rather deep, deep in the deepest jungles of Africa, we bring you "The Unlucky Tourist" decanter. Be afraid... be very afraid!!

The Unlucky Tourist will be available both through the Tiki Farm website and our retailers worldwide.

Mahaloz!
Holden

[ Edited by: makedamug 2007-03-30 18:30 ]

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-05-07 13:22 ]

T

Oh it's so shiny & sparkly & beautiful! Is it Mid-April yet?

Wow!

Tikisgrl

double-BLING! :)

You guys continue to top yourselves. These two pieces are classic!

R

So kewl, I am now an April Fool!

Saw this today on arkivatropika.com could you/would you make this awesome bowl?

M

Standby for some exciting news regarding the Unlucky Tourist...and Forbidden Island.

It's April...I can hardly wait. :tiki:

OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD glaze on the IIH Rocket! WELCOME to the Space Race!!! :D Is it true, this scientific breakthrough will also prevent meat from sticking? True/False :lol:

Any chance of a LIMITED set of Tron & Radar with this newly developed "space-age" coating???

GROUND CONTROL -2- TIKI FARM... Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :D

P

Unlucky Tourist? Man that's gotta be the worst mugging ever! "My mother went to America and all she bought me back was my father's shrunken head" I can see the T-Shirt now!!! That is one cool decanter...don't go gettin' BIG heads now guys!

Trader - Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

C

Man, Holden, the Hopper is so frikkin' cool!! I gotta' get one!
Kyle--the glass carving guy

On 2007-04-01 12:15, TravelingJones wrote:
OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD glaze on the IIH Rocket! WELCOME to the Space Race!!! :D Is it true, this scientific breakthrough will also prevent meat from sticking? True/False :lol:

Any chance of a LIMITED set of Tron & Radar with this newly developed "space-age" coating???

awesome idea silver is gooooood

The Rarotongan Rocket Ship glaze looks awesome, I saw it at the Tiki Room Event it looks even better in person. Can't wait to have a shiny new rocket of my own..tee hee :D

M

On 2007-04-02 21:20, RockNRollRatfink wrote:

Speaking of Sqilver...

My factory inadvertently misinterpreted a glaze sample request and showed me a new glaze on a Squll. I wasn't looking for silver but here it is. It would only work on designs that don't have intricate detailing but rather larger, thicker cuts and smooth raised areas (i.e. this would totally muddle up Tron & Vic).

Would anybody on TC like to see a silver mug? I'm thinking it would have to be a mid-modern, slick bachelorpad inspired Tiki mug.

Mahaloz!
Holden

[ Edited by: makedamug 2007-04-03 19:35 ]

I think thats a great idea!!! Seems to be something missing from the market and would definitely be unique. How bout gold?

J

Definitely would love to see a silver mug! Go for it!

P

How about a funky shiny green. Almost chrome. That'd be a sweet thing to lay eyes upon.

BB

On 2007-04-03 19:30, MakeDaMug wrote:

Would anybody on TC like to see a silver mug? I'm thinking it would have to be a mid-modern, slick bachelorpad inspired Tiki mug.

Mahaloz!
Holden

What about " The Tikinator " in Silver? I know it's really detailed and it's not the endoskeleton of a Terminator but it would be a fun mug.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2007-04-03 21:20 ]

On 2007-04-02 21:20, RockNRollRatfink wrote:

Speaking of Sqilver...

(i.e. this would totally muddle up Tron & Vic).

DANG! Oh well, that's too bad...could be reeeally slick jiffy popped-chrome with matte finish brown masks...kinda like your Thor-line of satin & matte glazes?

SsweeetT -n- Coool mugs anyway... :music: "When you wish upon a star..." :music: :D

Flip-fLop-fLipPp...

D
dibroc posted on Wed, Apr 4, 2007 6:23 AM

the silver would be great on the "space tikis" or something else. would also work on Ben's " Mr. Rapper" for his grill work and bling bling.

Speaking of Sqilver...

My factory inadvertently misinterpreted a glaze sample request and showed me a new glaze on a Squll. I wasn't looking for silver but here it is. It would only work on designs that don't have intricate detailing but rather larger, thicker cuts and smooth raised areas (i.e. this would totally muddle up Tron & Vic).

Mahaloz!
Holden

LOL... I wanted a silver rocket from you had me at silver.. it completes me :)

Wow! A silver squll would be an excellent edition!

holden, we dont have to order the unlucky tourist decanter from dirty donny do we?... we've been waiting for a sweatshirt my wife ordered from him as a christmas gift since december, so i guess you could call us "the unlucky consumers"....we'd prefer to order directly from you guys at the farm where we get our orders in 3 days flat and where your emails are not disregarded (not trying to air "dirty" laundry but buyers beware)...we cant wait for these decanters by the way....the farm has done it again!

M

We're goin' live online with Dirty Donny's Unlucky Tourist decanter in the next few days. The Intergalactic Island Hopper will go online in a few weeks. Both are $19.95 each and TC 15% discounts do apply.

On 2007-04-04 06:23, dibroc wrote:
the silver would be great on the "space tikis" or something else. would also work on Ben's " Mr. Rapper" for his grill work and bling bling.

Gold too? ( or is that old school?)

Haven't had my MTV in quite some time........

wow!

Holden - the decanter looks even better than you previously advertised! We have been waiting since you teased us that it would be available in March - nice work and can't wait to pick one up. I hope you made plenty of them!

Joe & Nicole Desmond

M

I'd love to see the Sqilver Squll with a gold tooth. All that great detailing would be lost, but just imagine how cool all the neighboring tikis reflecting off the sqilver would look.

Or how about a silver suffering bastard to look at the morning after??

If you can get a gold glaze, then a "raiders of the lost ark" idol style mug would be the one to make.

Great link Atomic. :)

"You had me at silver." I have to agree with that.

M

Some of you might have Unlucky Tourist's where the cork is coming away from the lid. If so, please try either Loctite Professional or JB Weld. If necessary, I'll replace it for you at no charge.
Holden

R

Finally got mine today (I know 1st hand how frustrating it is to produce anything and get it right in Mexico, or the Philippines, or Honduras or... :o ) and it is MOST excelent! I'm wondering what's the story with the hole in the head with the plastic stopper though, not that I mind as I replaced it with a cork (easily bought in a local craft shop) and would love to eventually put in an approriate pourer there. Any suggestions?

Carl

P.S. I'm still waiting patiently for the announcment of the upcoming Kahiki Moai mug.....as I am on the 'list' :wink: :lol:

[ Edited by: Rattiki 2007-05-07 20:51 ]

M

On 2007-05-07 20:42, Rattiki wrote:
Finally got mine today (I know 1st hand how frustrating it is to produce anything and get it right in Mexico, or the Philippines, or Honduras or... :o ) and it is MOST excelent! I'm wondering what's the story with the hole in the head with the plastic stopper though, not that I mind as I replaced it with a cork (easily bought in a local craft shop) and would love to eventually put in an approriate pourer there. Any suggestions?

Carl

P.S. I'm still waiting patiently for the announcment of the upcoming Kahiki Moai mug.....as I am on the 'list' :wink: :lol:

[ Edited by: Rattiki 2007-05-07 20:51 ]

it's 2-fold...

1. When unplugged, it serves as an air-hole, facilitating a smooth & easy pour (without it, pouring would be a bitch... runnin' all over the noggin)
  2. You can fill up the Tourist, remove the plug & stick a straw through the hole... decanter becomes mug!

got mine today....it really is a nice lookin decanter....great sculpt. Looks better in real life thatn the photos. my only problem is that the cork fell off the cap 5 seconds out of the box....Is there any way to use a plastic or rubber stopper on future decanters with a shoulder and lip on it that is captured by the ceramic cap ?? doesn't seem like the glue will hold up under regular use....

the doug horne mugs are really great too!! I am quite happy with all my latest tiki farm aquisitions....

I had the same problem. And as far as the second hole in the head, welllll it wouldn't take too much inventiveness to make it a killer smoking accessory. Not encouraging that kinda behaviour, just noting...

heheheheh

TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

When is the island hopper coming out?

On 2007-04-10 04:27, atomictonytiki wrote:
If you can get a gold glaze, then a "raiders of the lost ark" idol style mug would be the one to make.

especially since the forth movie is due for release...would make a nice tie-in....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-06-20 09:54 ]

Pages: 1 35 replies