Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TikiBocce(tm) II - Photos start on page 2!

Pages: 1 38 replies

Please post photos you may have taken, eh?

Mahalo,
~T

=======================================================================================

Hey TC Ohana,

It's TikiBocce(tm) time at Lund Manor!

This year, TikiBocce(tm) II will be Saturday, May 12th - that's the day before Mother's Day. MaiKai Gents will be performing. Hinky Drinks will be pouring. The Lund Manor Bocce Open will take place.

We (TOfuJoe & I) should have a poster/flyer and more info soon.

Here are photos from the innaugural year, when we just had a few close friends test it out. We learned valuable lessons, #1 being early April may be too cold...

If you're interested PM me.

Mahalo,
~T

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-04-03 11:08 ]

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-05-13 13:23 ]

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-05-17 16:07 ]

CL

Man, I almost missed this posting. IF we can talk Bill's parents into coming down here for Mother's Day, we're definitely in. Can't wait to see the new changes to the backyard! :)

Aloha! Here's the fabu poster that Chongolio crafted for us!!

A reprint of the text at the bottom:

Saturday May 12, 2007
Lund Manor will open up at 11am
Mai Kai Gents will play starting at Noon, Open Qualifying for
The Lund Manor TikiBocce(tm) Tournament until 3:00 pm
Potluck Style, Bring food item to share
(preferrably vegetarian) and grille will be avilable for BBQ.

T

My wife and I met playing bocce.
Have fun.
Hey your bar needs some lights. Hint, Hint.

CL

Mai Kai Gents!!! You guys do not fool around. :) Tofu Joe's and Thayer's home bar beverages, Mai Kai Gent, and a backyard Oasis, gotta be there!

[ Edited by: coco loco 2007-04-06 12:17 ]

Bump!

We've put together an Evite.

PM me your email address if you'd like to be added. :)

J

:cry: :cry: :cry:

So sad I'll miss this! Next year though!

CL

We're definitely IN! :D

I'll try to make it....sounds fun, plus I need to learn how to play bocce. :)

I will be there with the sidekicks! We will bring some vegetarian/vegan goodness.

On 2007-04-03 11:07, Haole'akamai wrote:
This year, TikiBocce(tm) II will be Saturday, May 12th - that's the day before Mother's Day. MaiKai Gents will be performing. Hinky Drinks will be pouring. The Lund Manor Bocce Open will take place.

I love that Judd and Holly are family and we find out about most of the MAI KAI GENTS shows via TC! :lol:

Well, if ya shoot us an evite Mrs.Mojo and I would love to attend! :D

Just a week from today! PM me if you are in need of directions, want in on the evite, or whatnot.

Come see our new inhabitants!

Fatutu by TikitOny

and

Bif by Lost Tiki Island (aka NOTCH)

M

Midnite loves Chachi!

Oh, whoops...wrong forum. This happens to me way too often lately.

Fore!
midnite...Winner, 1975 "Fonzie Look-alike Contest", Mrs. Garner's 3rd Grade Class

MT

Midnite, the battle for 8th place is on!

J

Midnite has a new bocce partner, so whatch out y'all!!!

Thank goodness Thayer "The Slayer" isn't playing this year. :wink: The tikibocce goddess can easily give us all a run for our bocce dollars...blindfolded. Or lessons! All I can say is if she plays...DIBS! I pick her for our team!!! :D

M
  • JenTiki wrote:
    Midnite has a new bocce partner, so whatch out y'all!!!

My old partner in Bocce. Undefeated Holy See League Champions, 1986-89.

I learned from the best. This time, I'm winning one for Il Papa.

We roll to win,
Squadra Midnite

CL

25 hours and 17 minutes until the Bocce battle...er party begins! :wink:

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2007-05-11 09:45 ]

Bocce Bocce Bocce :tiki:

Oh Man I was really hopin' I could find the time to swing by and hang out for with Haole'akamai, Tofu Joe and friends. But it just ain't gonna happen. Have a blast and may the Gods of Bocce bless your team.

Cheers!
Chongolio

Muchas Gracias to Thayer & Scott for a fabulous party. Their backyard is a tropical paradise with a snazzy bar and the beautiful bocce court.....simply amazing. It was my first time to see the Mai Kai Gents play live and truly enjoyed the great gift of their music. Had a wonderful time and good drinks....will post pictures later. :)

J

You were missed Chongolio! But we managed to have a pretty darned good time anyway. The weather coooperated, until the sun went over the trees anyway, and the bocce gods were smiling on our little tournament. About half the crowd was still there when we left at 7:00. And I got to bring home one of the large posters! Yay! More Chongolian art for my walls!

Thanks to Haole'akamai and Tofu Joe for a fantikitastic party! Good food, good drinks, good music and great people! And what a beautiful yard you have! Also thanks to Midnite who let me continue to be his bocce partner even after seeing how I played. At least we made it to the Final Four! I forgot my camera, so I hope everyone else uploads their pics soon!

Funny you should mention photos. We didn't take many, but here are a few (of the few) that I got:

The Mai Kai Gents looked to be having a good time

Midnite courts the court

While Team Midnite partner, Jen, rolls on

Here's the Winner's Bracket for the tournament

and congrats to our Top Bocce Honorees, AJ & Dave, in some final round HOT BOCCE ACTION!!

Mahalo to one and all who showed your face and brought your good spirit to our backyard. Randy, and those that couldn't make it, you were missed, but there will be next year (You should be ready for a trip back to the mainland by then, eh, Chongo?)!

Mahalo Nui,
~T & S

CL

Thayer and Scott,

You are the BEST. What an amazing space, party, and day! Your generosity of time, effort, and cocktails/food in this party was tremendous. What a fun day...and night. Can we say Night Bocci anyone?. Thanks for a fantastic party guys!

Maria, Chris, et all. Thanks for great bartending the majority of the day!

The yard looks great! Pics to follow (posted by Mai Tai) sometime soon...

M

***Lund Manor Rocks

Tiki Bocce Rolls***

A deep and sincere "Thank You" to Haole'akamai & Tofu Joe. Their warm and generous hospitality were only superceded by the fun times had at Tiki Bocce II. The gracious hosts of Lund Manor know how to throw a party. When's Bocce III?

Squadra Midnite gave it our best and made it to the semifinals of the tournament. In a compelling display of ball rolling and cunning bocce strategy we were defeated by none other than Mai Tai himself, along with his teammate, Jon. Jen and I rolled our best but it wasn't our day. Great time, though.

There'll be much more, including a few candid snappies in a "Tiki Travel" post of mine detailing our excursion for Tiki Bocce II into parts unknown, namely Oakland.

Once again, thanks to T & S for one heck of a good time.

midnite

DrTikiMojo....behind the lense at the Lund Manor

CoCoLoco....lounging in the Bizarro Bamboo Recliner

Jen....provides some Zamboni action

Lund Manor Extravaganza....great turnout

Mai Kai Gents....rock the Lund Manor

Bincho....hanging with the Viking

Tiki Bocce Ball....the court

CoCoLoco....always having fun

The Mai Kai Gents....helping us feel good with the Drinking Song

HumuHumu....experiences the joy of the Viking on the Bizarro Lounge

MT

Donde esta Il Papa, Ray? Donde esta Il Papa?

T

Whew what a weekend!

I'd like to thank everyone who came along to fill up our back yard with ohana.

This was the first bocce tournament we threw that actually had a bocce tournament take place! Congratulations to the winners. And to Midnight who managed to lose in the semifinals and then somehow still appeared in the final game....only to lose again. Divine intervention gone wrong?

My only regret with the affair is that I wasn't able to spend more time talking with everyone who came from afar to grace our little backyard oasis.

Thanks to everyone who brought great food and drink to share. (Humu's Chili seriously saved my drunken behind)

Thanks to everyone who put so much work into the day (and the days preceding!).

What good is a rum collection without a bunch of rum drinking hooligans to share it with?!

Mahalo.

M
  • Mai Tai wrote:
    Donde esta Il Papa, Ray? Donde esta Il Papa?

Seems there is a bit of a misunderstanding between the Papal Nuncio and me. Something about missing six years of parochial school, misappropriation of funds, unauthorized use of Papal facilities for impure purposes, general malfeasance, and driving with a load improperly tied down. I'm sure it's all just a matter of misplaced paperwork and the usual bureaucratic funk. I believe a legate a latere is being appointed, either that or it's straight to hell for this bocce bridesmaid.

Then again, the Lord works in mysterious ways, mysterious ways:

Bocce Rules...and Rolls!

I better pack some shorts and plenty of SPF 45, it's not looking good for me vis a vis the ole Holy Rollers. I knew sooner or later they'd figure out what happened to the missing communion wine and donation baskets.

Max Midnite aka Mahalo Award Winning Bocce-er

MAHALO PLENTY Haole'akamai & Tofu Joe!! :D

WOW what a time! Beautiful yard! My first day was recovery....and mother's day...not such a great combo, (especially when you spend it with you mother-IN-LAW).
Today was catch up....tomorrow, Tuesday I will sort through my 200? something photos and post the best shots!

Haole'akamai & Tofu Joe expect a CD coming your way with a copy of all this photos! :wink:

On 2007-05-14 23:02, Dr.TikiMojo wrote:

Haole'akamai & Tofu Joe expect a CD coming your way with a copy of all this photos! :wink:

That would be super sweet - Mahalo!

This was a real blast! Everyone better watch out next year -- I'm bringing it! I have a few photos that I'll post soon.

What a day!! Thayer and Scott really know how to make a crowd happy. Free flowing booze, great snacks, outstanding music (Thanks Mai Kai Gents sans MMML), and bocce. The weather was more than cooperative, as is evident in the touch of sunburn all over my face. I will try to remember the bocceball rules for next year, since I have so many opportunities to play it. :D

Thanks again to the Lunds for a superb day. Your backyard is the envy of us all in this northern California climate. Who knew you can grow heliconias in the SF Bay Area? Must be the water and mist from that waterfall. And of course the mana exuding from that TikiTony tiki creation.

Mahalo to everyone for the pictures. It's always fun to relive a great day!

• Myke

This was a smashing success of a party/bocce tournament! What fun we all had. The concoctions from Hinky Drinks were superb, the food yummy, the company friendly & festive and the hospitality from the Lunds was second-to-nones! Big mahalo for a great day. Hope to do it again!

-Weird Unc

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Our host, Mai Tai & Tikiwinebear

The WONDERFUL Bartenders!

THE MAI KAI GENTS kept the islands sounds going!

A FANTASTIC place for a party!

Our Host! :D

Ukegrog says, "Sing along!"

Some people just really know how to relax!

I give Bocce a shot! - - - - - - - -- - - --------While Midnight sports his GQ look!

The party really starts to fill up!

....and then there was BIRTHDAY CAKE! Mmmmmm

Humu~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~and~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hanford

...and more music...of a sorts! :P

....and dancing!

...and too much RUM DRINKING!!

Martin

Midnight gets award for....? Shiniest Shirt?

When the Brass Balls came out...things got serious!

AND THE WINNERS ARE!

Mahalo, Dr. TM. you captured my costume change. And folks, I wasn't as drunk as the photos may lead you to believe....

Hey great pics DrTM.....those brass balls look dangerous!!! Thanks again to everyone for a wonderful event. :D

Photos, as promised (and only slightly late). Thanks again to our amazing hosts, and I look forward to brining my game at the next tourney!

Pages: 1 38 replies