Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Pollardville formally the Stockton Islander Sold

Pages: 1 4 replies

Another piece of Tiki history bites the dust. Any of you familiar with tikicleen's Stockton Islander posting will recognize the Pollardville Chicken Kitchen and Restaurant and Ghost Town, a Highway 99 landmark between Lodi and Stockton in Northern CA. The main building was formerly the Stockton Islander.

This establishment served it's last meal on Sunday. The owners are retiring and have until June 30th to get rid of the remaining furnishings and everything else.

The 1897 brick jail and 1926 post office have been dismantled and are being returned to their original locations to be restored.

"On June 30th, anything else that is left will be bulldozed, says Neil Pollard, who sold the site to a developer last year. Homes are to be built on the property".

The full story can be found in the Sacramento Bee Food Section from today, Wednesday April 4, 2007 in "The Best Of Appetizers" column.

Hurray for new affordable luxury homes only minutes from Lodi, Stockton and Sacramento. Shit on a stick if you ask me!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and this is not good news)!

Chicken Kitchen! Makes me glad it was one of the stops for our Hooptyluau last year. The train ride and Mai Tai choking the giant chicken. Thanks to tikicleen and drunken hat for organizing. hey guess what Conga Mike and Denise had for dinner there?.....you'll never guess.............CHICKEN!

BB

Here’s my suggestion

But you HAVE to use a Mini Cooper otherwise I can’t take credit for the plan.

And that single bungy chord seems to be holding it on the pregnant roller skate very well.

Another semi-tiki establishment I never visited. But like you say PTD....more beautiful houses for that highly coveted property.

F

I kind of wish I had checked the place out when it was open. It always attracted my attention on my trips down Hwy 99.

Pages: 1 4 replies