Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Ohana hut on eBay

Pages: 1 2 94 replies

T

after having it for a while I decided that there are other mugs I would rather have than this one"-limp

What are they, if you don't mind answering.

Anyone wanna buy mine for 300.00??

I need a new saw and nail gun!!!

To build more tiki bars!!

Serious!!

It's a good cause!!

What's an Ohana Hut?

Did we ever establish how many cookies will fit into it?

I'll throw in my hand and say 50 oreos.

Do you think 30 coconut macaroons will fit?

Please excuse me for asking...but it's alright for you guys and your funny biscuits, but does anyone know how many British 'HOBNOBS' would fit into the said Ohana Hut? I think the cookie to buiscuit coversion rate is about 1.9 at the moment if that helps!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai and a packet of Hobnobs!

PS. I wouldn't bother letting us know what mugs you'd rather have! You just know that you'll just get a ton of folk saying "I would have traded you one of those, and thrown in my grandma for FREE!", ha, ha!

[ Edited by: POCKETIKI 2007-04-13 11:53 ]

Pocket? How do you keep enough hobnobs around long enough to put in a jar?
I eat mine too fast.

mmm. McVities with caramel. mmmm.

..sbim

On 2007-04-13 11:50, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
Pocket? How do you keep enough hobnobs around long enough to put in a jar?
I eat mine too fast.

mmm. McVities with caramel. mmmm.

..sbim

Good ol' fashioned British reserve, a 'stiff upper lip' and discipline my friend! Granted it is a strict regime but mother wouldn't have it any other way!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

Please excuse me for asking...but it's alright for you guys and your funny biscuits, but does anyone know how many British 'HOBNOBS' would fit into the said Ohana Hut? I think the cookie to buiscuit coversion rate is about 1.9 at the moment if that helps!

On 2007-04-13 11:05, RevBambooBen wrote:
Anyone wanna buy mine for 300.00??

I need a new saw and nail gun!!!

Wow, there's tool that's both saws & a nails?!!

Sweet.

On 2007-04-13 12:04, tikigreg wrote:

I'm not sure how to break this to you gently tiki buddy, but...(Deep breath)...I'm fairly sure...and please bear in mind that I don't own a Ohana Hut myself...Boy this is really hard...(Another deep breath)...but...I don't think the lid on your Ohana Hut is...Oh Boy!...I don't think it is...'original'. Man! That has to be the roughest thing I've ever had to tell anyone!! I'm so sorry my friend, it's better you know now than have some smart Alec point it out later. I'm sorry to have to break this to you but it is for the best and one day you'll thank me!

Honesty is the only policy round here! - Trader Jim (Make mine another Mai-Tai!).

PS. If you look closely you can see it is made from a HOBNOB container. Admitedly a very good job but you can see it if you look real close.

On 2007-04-13 14:30, POCKETIKI wrote:

On 2007-04-13 12:04, tikigreg wrote:

I'm not sure how to break this to you gently tiki buddy, but...(Deep breath)...I'm fairly sure...and please bear in mind that I don't own a Ohana Hut myself...Boy this is really hard...(Another deep breath)...but...I don't think the lid on your Ohana Hut is...Oh Boy!...I don't think it is...'original'. Man! That has to be the roughest thing I've ever had to tell anyone!! I'm so sorry my friend, it's better you know now than have some smart Alec point it out later. I'm sorry to have to break this to you but it is for the best and one day you'll thank me!

Honesty is the only policy round here! - Trader Jim (Make mine another Mai-Tai!).

PS. If you look closely you can see it is made from a HOBNOB container. Admitedly a very good job but you can see it if you look real close.

did you know if your hand is bigger than your face you have cancer? :)

CL

Yeah, after I posted I realized it was YOU. Then I pondered, and realized I WAY over reacted. And knowing you, I know you're not a creep. You're a nice guy and straight up. And despite the fact that we have way too much of your stuff in our house :wink:, I like you. Bill advised me to lighten up and reminded me that when you got it you realized that it wasn't for you, and you offered to sell it to Bill (Mai Tai) at cost. So given all of that I deleted my post. It wasn't appropriate, even if the seller wasn't you. And yes, I was Maria "Loco" yesterday. I'm back in my right mind now.

On 2007-04-13 10:20, limptiki wrote:
OK - so I sold my goddamn hut. I did not buy it in order to sell it but after having it for a while I decided that there are other mugs I would rather have than this one. I proposed trades to a few other TC members and those did not pan out. If I had personally known a member that wanted one they would have gotten it.

With regard to Maria Loco's now deleted comments calling me "unscrupulous" a "creep" and a "jerk" I am considering the source and letting it slide this time.

I reserved the thing for $225, and i'm a little sorry that it went so high but glad it did not go higher. Judge me as you will and I'll reserve the right to do the same.

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2007-04-13 21:06 ]

225!!!???

I thought it was 299.oo!!

Crap!

Now I have to off the O-hut, and, last years Tiki Oasis mug.

Ok. 229. for the O-hut, and 199. for the last Oasis mug.

Or...........

Does anyone work at any major tool company?!?!?

I want airless nail guns!!!!

...and a hammer drill!

( fixed the saw)

MT

On 2007-04-13 10:20, limptiki wrote:
With regard to Maria Loco's now deleted comments calling me "unscrupulous" a "creep" and a "jerk" I am considering the source and letting it slide this time.

Well hey, even though the comments have been deleted, that doesn't change you from still being an unscrupulous creepy jerk! :D
XXX OOO

Hey, some unscrupulous creep is selling his BOB CHINN'S CRABHOUSE MUG!!!!

that is possibly the most hideous thing my eyes have ever gazed upon. Thanks alot, I'm going to go cry now.

On 2007-04-12 15:31, TikiLaLe wrote:
Nothing gets the 'Kool Kids' blood boiling then a selling of a mug !!!!

Who are the "Kool Kids"?

On 2007-04-13 23:43, monkeyskull wrote:
Hey, some unscrupulous creep is selling his BOB CHINN'S CRABHOUSE MUG!!!!

So how many cookies does the Bob Chinn Crabhouse Mug hold?

So how many cookies does the Bob Chinn Crabhouse Mug hold?

Or indeed biscuits!? How many HOBNOBS can you get into one of these little fellows?

Trader Jim (Make mine mine a Mai-Tai!...in anything other than a CRABby mug please!).

No takers so.........

Ebay will have another O-Hut soon....

Bitch and moan all you want!!

T

Who are the "Kool Kids"?

If you have to ask, you are not a kool kid. :wink:

T

"If you dont live it you can't give it"

RIP: Rock Bottom

CL

No more complaints from me. Live and let live. I'm back in my right mind now...well as right as it gets. :wink: Nice seeing you Saturday BB. We love our TC mug shelf!

On 2007-04-15 10:56, RevBambooBen wrote:
No takers so.........

Ebay will have another O-Hut soon....

Bitch and moan all you want!!

Rev~

I work for a large hardware distribution center and am able to buy at wholesale. Give me an idea of what tools you are looking for (model and manufacturer) and maybe we can make a deal!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and if you got the hut, I got the time)!

I have to admit, knowing just how much interest there was when the huts went on sale, and how few people actually were able to get one, that I am really, really surprised that someone didn't jump at the chance to snap up Ben's mug at only 3 times the original price. I mean, compared to Shecky, of which there are 150 that originally sold for $18, and now go for $250-300, $300 for an Ohana Hut is potentially a great buy. I'm not saying I would spring for it, but there are certainly a couple people whom have it on their wish list on ooga-mooga that I'm guessing would pay it.

Chris

On 2007-04-16 14:28, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Rev~

I work for a large hardware distribution center and am able to buy at wholesale. Give me an idea of what tools you are looking for (model and manufacturer) and maybe we can make a deal!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and if you got the hut, I got the time)!

The new SENCO all battery-powered Cordless Finish 25 and Cordless Finish 41

http://www.senco.com

Looks like #44 will be changing hands soon.... :wink:

I would trade 300 worth of stuff for it but not likely cash. And who the hell's a kid, yee little bastards get out off my lawn, and quit blareing that god forsaken kenny g rock and roll music all the time, and where's my fiber pills. It all just reminds me of that brisk ice tea commercial.

M

Public Service Announcement:

"If it weren't for my horse... I never would have spent that year in college."

Fugu, mug weirdos!
el midnite

quit yer cryin'....after months i was finally notified that my ohana hut was ready if i still wanted to purchase it...alas, i could not...so as it stands...there is one extra hut available. should end up going to a good home somewhere.....

This mug collecting obsession really gets scary here on TC sometimes, bringing out the Mr. Hyde in people. And there seems to be little objectivity about design out there, whatever new mug is born is oodled over and gobbled up by the eager collectors community, no matter how it looks.
I never was after the hut, because as an A-Frame architecture fan, I felt it simply was not that successful in capturing the spirit of the mid-century modern Tiki temple ...that is, if it ever aimed to do that? (....which, I believe, it should have.)

And I say that with great respect for Hanford, Munktiki (my favorite modern mug designers), Chongolio (who always does good work) and considering the practical and economic challenges that they all had to meet. It just came out sort of boxy and bland.

So there! I had to get that of my chest after all this HOOPLA about it...and it's just one man's opinion :)

T

You know you love it when the 'koolkids' work themselves up in a tiki mug frenzy !!!!

On 2007-07-24 19:50, TikiLaLe wrote:
You know you love it when the 'koolkids' work themselves up in a tiki mug frenzy !!!!

Who ARE these people you keep talking about?

Kool Kids?

MT

I wonder how many cookies this one will hold?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I do actually have somthing to say about this auction.......

See you in Portland :)

On 2007-07-24 18:12, bigbrotiki wrote:
This mug collecting obsession really gets scary here on TC sometimes, bringing out the Mr. Hyde in people. And there seems to be little objectivity about design out there, whatever new mug is born is oodled over and gobbled up by the eager collectors community, no matter how it looks.
I never was after the hut, because as an A-Frame architecture fan, I felt it simply was not that successful in capturing the spirit of the mid-century modern Tiki temple ...that is, if it ever aimed to do that? (....which, I believe, it should have.)

And I say that with great respect for Hanford, Munktiki (my favorite modern mug designers), Chongolio (who always does good work) and considering the practical and economic challenges that they all had to meet. It just came out sort of boxy and bland.

So there! I had to get that of my chest after all this HOOPLA about it...and it's just one man's opinion :)

careful sven...you keep up these honest opinions here and you may well find yourself floatin around here in the same boat as me!! LOL

I just hope to show people that everyone has the right here to think for themselves and sometimes NOT like this or that piece of art posted here (especially if they have a reason), it makes for a much more interesting discussion.

For example, I know there are some people in the Tiki community who don't like Witco. I like it so much I wrote a book about it. But I don't take it personal when somebody thinks Witco is not their thing. In fact, William Westenhaver doesn't, either.

MT

On 2007-07-25 19:35, stuckieshaft wrote:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I do actually have somthing to say about this auction.......

See you in Portland :)

Well, let's hear it!

Oh my god!! Somebody is selling an Ohana Hut without permission. I think I need counseling and medication now!! Just so eveybody knows I really could care less!!

You can save yourself a lot of shekels by simply buying a ticket for the August 29th Artists Proof Ohana Hut raffle on Chongolio's thread! It even comes with a handy dandy shelf to display it in,and protect it from a short-term nuclear barrage!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=24550&forum=12&59

On 2007-07-26 15:56, The Sperm Whale wrote:
Oh my god!! Somebody is selling an Ohana Hut without permission. I think I need counseling and medication now!! Just so eveybody knows I really could care less!!

:lol:

exactly!

MT

Very true. I'm just curious how much it'll go for, that's all. I'm guessing that most others currently posting on this thread feel the same way. It's not listed very well, the word "ohana" isn't even in the title or body of the auction. Speculation: think it'll crack the $500 mark?

On 2007-07-26 07:33, bigbrotiki wrote:
I just hope to show people that everyone has the right here to think for themselves and sometimes NOT like this or that piece of art posted here (especially if they have a reason), it makes for a much more interesting discussion.

For example, I know there are some people in the Tiki community who don't like Witco. I like it so much I wrote a book about it. But I don't take it personal when somebody thinks Witco is not their thing. In fact, William Westenhaver doesn't, either.

Sven, are you plugging your books again?

Hey Ben,
Bet I can raid Tiki-Husband's woodshop;What mugs you got?...I'm sure it'll take him a day or two before he misses anything.

The only thing that is worth 275.00 is one of Monkeymans lamps....yeah baby yeah

K
Kitty posted on Sun, Apr 27, 2008 9:59 AM

Dear, dear. It seems that #16 does get around...

Pages: 1 2 94 replies