Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 333 replies

B

http://www.northeasttikitour.com

It official now.

The tiki tour bus will be leaving on the 25th of August. Many more details to come...keep your eyes peeled. Trying to do as much as possible for as little $$ as possible. Thinking cost will be about $30 or $35 per head.

This will get you the transportation, the live music, free cocktails on the bus, and some swag at most if not all stops!!

Focusing predominantly on Mass this inaugural year with about 6 stops planned.

For those just discovering this, here's the impetus from the NE thread:

"....here's the tentative plan for Bargoyle's Booze Bus & Tiki Tour.

Late Summer (maybe even into Sept.) I'm renting a party bus. 30 to 40 seats (or more) depending on interest. Bathroom, & full bar on board...might even take the time to decorate it the night before if the guy will let me.

Then....well, booze fueled mayhem across New England!!

So, Sat early afternoon....maybe late morning....We'll hit all the favorite spots (New Tiki, South Pacific, Bali Hai, etc) most likely ending at the Kowloon. And I'm working on something special for that final stop.

After that its back to the loading area which will prob be a hip hotel/motel somewhere central, where everyone can crash & then nobody has to drive. Hoping that a block of rooms = discount, & maybe even some event there at the hotel...if anyone thinks they'll still be conscious for it.

Then, perhaps a social gathering to commiserate hangovers on Sunday late morning...a little food, some tunes, and we're done.

Oh also thinking that the kick off will be in chicopee at the HuKeLau for the show on friday night before all this happens, but that'll have to be all worked out too.

The reason for all this craziness??

1. I'm not having a Luau this year, and I still wanna do something tiki-themed with the NE ohana (and anyone else who wants to come on up...NY...NJ...I'm looking in your direction).

2. We need a cool annual New England event so I've decided to stop bitching about the lack of one, and start one.

3. I'm kinda mental.

So, more info to come. Still ALOT of details to hammer out.

If anyone has any suggestions about any of it or wants to lend a hand, let me know.

Pm me or post em up. I wanna make sure we maximize the mayhem, so I'm very open to ideas. Oh, and the bus guy wont let anyone fire-knife dance on the bus, so if you were gonna suggest that, its out unfortunately."

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-04-17 14:27 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-04-19 06:28 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-02 14:44 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-09 06:15 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-09 11:10 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-30 13:25 ]

[ Edited by: bargoyle 2007-06-06 05:42 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-08-14 13:35 ]

Hooray!

w00t!

HC

A magical tiki tour !....how can we help? ......Tiki Road Trip( the video)?,Tiki Safari? ....sounds like a reality show (as long as there's auto focus !) just don't use the Chinatown bus!

I can't wait! This is the start of very big things!

I swear we should rent an Airstream for this.

If we REALLY wanted to spread our wings, we could overnight at the Tiki Hotel at Lake George.

..sbim

B

Hey SB...

I think if we include Lake George we need to upgrade to a Jet Stream, not an AirStream (or at least a helicopter.) :)

S

Yahoo! I am so in!

On 2007-04-18 14:38, Bargoyle wrote:
Hey SB...

I think if we include Lake George we need to upgrade to a Jet Stream, not an AirStream (or at least a helicopter.) :)

Feh, it's only a couple hours from Chicopee.

..sbim

B

Hmmm.....

That actually might make a good trip for next year. Start in central mass & head west hitting joints to the lake.

Well, if this year is a success, we'll see....

J

You've got at least two coming from RI. Rain holler if you're in man.

Thanks for lighting the torch Bargoyle!

S

On 2007-04-19 15:05, Bargoyle wrote:
Well, if this year is a success....

IF??? How could it NOT be a success?? :)

So, Chicopee Hukelau, to Newton South Pacific, to Westford New Tiki, to Lynnfield Bali Hai, to Saugus Kowloons, and back to a Chicopee motel.

Do we want to get some custom T-Shirts made for the event?

Rum Review Blog - http://scottesrum.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: Scottes 2007-04-19 17:00 ]

B

close on the itinerary scottes, but no cigar.

More info to come real soon.... :)

Really good things to come very soon! Have faith in your tour guide/ bargoyle! :wink:

Hey, we're not exactly in New England, but my husband and I would totally show up for this! He IS originally from RI...

I've officially blacked out that weekend in my gig book.

Bargoyle, thanks so much for taking the initiative.

This will be a banner Summer for New England Tikiphiles!

Any help you need, don't hesitate to ask.

On 2007-04-19 15:05, Bargoyle wrote:
Well, if this year is a success, we'll see....

heh, heh..... Sounds like you've already created a monster!!

I'm in, and again....if you need any help, just scream!

bold move - I would like to say I'm in - but I'm so Non Committal!

B

Velveteen, Sneaky, good to have you on board! We need to get us New England & Tri-State tikiphiles together more often.

For those of you who arent from our area (or no longer are) I think this event offers a pretty unique opportunity to see the best of what we have in the way of tiki joints (not to mention some good people & a whole crapload of fun).

I'm pretty excited about how its starting to come together, and its hard for me to keep my mouth shut until things are confirmed.

And thanks for all the offers to help. As things progress I'll probably need alot!!

....as usual, more to come very soon.

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-04-20 05:18 ]

S

On 2007-04-20 05:17, Bargoyle wrote:
And thanks for all the offers to help. As things progress I'll probably need alot!!

Let me know if I can do anything (besides bring rum - that's a given).

HC

2068 A. D. ...yes children, there was this caravan of tiki buses that wandered the country bringing a mirth and mayhem that changed our world !

S

Are we going to paint the bus?

:)

On 2007-04-20 11:45, Scottes wrote:
Are we going to paint the bus?

:)

Something even better......

Bargoyles carving the bus out of wood and everyone's gonna power it with their feet, like the flintstones.

B

Hey!! Jon!!!

No Spoilers!!!!!!

lol

OK, its not quite done yet (still some tweaking, its about 95% done) but I just cant sit on this anymore. Its too friggin cool for school.....

So, jpmartdog offered his services to me, and with the talent that guy has got, of course I lept at it.

And here's the results of his effort....

Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you, the NorthEast Tiki Tour '07 logo....

Great work Jon!!

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-04-21 12:04 ]

S

WAAAAAY COOL!!!

But why 3 days? I don't know if my wife will let me out that long...

Nice t-shirt design! I like the bus one too. You guys should really think about making bumper stickers that say, "I survived the New England Tiki Crawl". Sounds like a total blast guys!

25th is THE day.

For those staying over at the hotel, there will be a hangover bunch on sunday.

The friday thing...well thats a little fuzzy right now.

Its most likely going to be an optional side trip for those who want the total tiki experience.

As usual, more details to come :)

Hey, Guys!
If you're going to the Hukelau, You won't need Lake George. I went there last August. The show was pretty good but they've pretty much de-tikied the place, even the room where the show is held.
GREAT shirt design!
You're tempting me to skip my swap meet. I'll have to see how the finances are.
Looking forward to more info!
Rick

S

Swap meets are held every week. The Northeast Tiki Tour is once a year!

OH Man that's great work Jon!!!

J

Jon - cool design for the tour logo man!

Thanks for including me in the design!

It rocks!

..sbim

The event is going to be stellar! Just wanted you all to know I included all of you in the design. Everyone of you are in the logo....it's just that most of you are lying on the floor of the bus!
Thanks Bargoyle for all your hard work!

HC

superb design.....perhaps the bus should have an outrigger with all the rocking going on!....thanks for all the passion and getting it going !.....I used to wonder if we could ever match Tiki enthusiasm with other parts of the world BUT HERE WE GO!!.......

T

Is it August yet? Are the T-Shirts ready? Where do I catch the bus? Will there be liquor involved? So may questions and so many months to wait. I'm planning on attending the Tour!

(shameless bump)

Tikisgrl

B

ALl questions will be answered in the comming week or two.

Still getting a few things worked out. Announcement of "Home Base" hotel should be comming soon, as well as a few surprises.

I cant wait either. Its gonna be like christmas for tiki-folk!!

As far as booze being involved, there will be aprx 10 gallons of various grog on the bus, but by no means does this mean that participants aren't expected to have at least one cocktail at each stop.

Also, for these reasons, this trip is a 21+ ordeal. My appologies to any of you younguns.

More to come soon. I promise.

Oh this sounds too cool. Hope I'm not too late to get on board? I keep missing all the New England events...

Cheers!

Rick

What airport would be best to fly in to for this since I may not have the time to make the drive?

B

Hey Rugbymatt!!

TF Green in providence is prob best. If everything goes according to plan, it will be closer to home base than flying into Logan. Plus southwest & alot of the cheaper airlines fly there.

Bradley, in hartford is an option as well. You comming in friday night or sat morning?

Friday night is going to be an "optional" side trip to the HuKeLau in Chicopee for their Hawaaian show. If there's enough interest in it, we may get a bus going there as well, but for now its being planned as a 'Meet at the show" kind of thing.

I should be making the "big" announcement (hotel, itinerary, schedule, swag, etc) by next weekend (the 5th). Got a couple of ducks to still line up.

Look forward to seeing ya!

Aloooha! I have a request: Could people please PM me if you (and however many guests you're lucky enough to bring) would go the Hu Ke Lau show in Chicopee, MA on August the 24th? Also, would you go if there were a bus? (and how many would you bring?)

mahalo,
Pappy

link

B

First of all a BIG Mahalo to Pappy for helping me out with this whole thing. He's been a big help with the logistics of the tour on Saturday, and he's in charge of the Friday trip to the HuKeLau.

If there's enough interest, we may very well have a bus for the HuKeLau as well.

Final itinerary will be announced this weekend, but just to whet your appetites, I'll let one of the surprises out of the bag. I'm just too damned thrilled about this one to sit on it:

WAITIKI will be performing as part of the tour.

Thats right, the best damn exotica band in the world is down with the Tiki Tour.

Only 40 seats available, so start planning now.

Official signup and more info to come soon.

**Actually, i guess its only 38 seats avaiable, as Pappy & I are gonna need a place to sit after a few dozen drinks :) **

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-02 14:41 ]

T

I'm very excited... Not so sure that Pappy & Bargoyle should get extra seats after they have a few drinks but I can be reasonable! Can't wait for the details!

Tikisgrl

B

Hey folks,

The website is up & running. Still VERY much under construciton, but the signup page works....i think its only linked form the FAQ page though....and that page isnt done yet

Anyway, Like I said, its up , but under construction.

Big Mahaloz to Pappy for his hard work on the web site!!

Tour cost is $35. That gets ya the bus, a live show form waitiki, food & cocktails on the bus, plus some schwag & an entry in the raffle.

All that for less than the cost of the last mug I bought!!

http://www.northeasttikitour.com

space is limited. if you can get the signup page to work, hurry up & signup!!

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-16 08:24 ]

J

If I can help in any way with the site let me know. I've created a number of sites over the years (a couple with shopping carts) so spinning up a sign up form shouldn't be an issue. Pappy - PM me if you need any help man - I'd be happy to contribute.

BTW - I'm freakin' psyched for this trip!!! I've actually only made to half of the places on the list so it looks like there will be some new experiences ahead.

I just signed up! Looking forward to it!

work, work, work...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 333 replies