Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Finkdaddy's New Sweet Ride!

Pages: 1 8 replies

The wife and I are the proud new owners of a Honda Metropolitan scooter! OK, so it's not a big Hog, or a refurbished Woody, but it's fun as hell to ride. :wink: The reason we got one is because my wife and I work different shifts and until now we only had one vehicle, so whoever was home was trapped there. Also, our main car is a Town and Country, which gets something like 18 miles a gallon if we're lucky, and the new scooter is up around 95 or more per gallon.

I don't remember which people here have decals for sale, but if you would let me know I would definitely love to tiki-up the scooter some. Would anybody be willing to trade a couple of decals for one of my resin pendants?

Forgive the shoes, they're part of my work uniform. :blush:

You may now commence teasing...

My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth...

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2007-04-23 10:43 ]

CL

Sweet ride!

..now pimp that scoot tiki style and wash aware the squareness!!!

On 2007-04-23 10:10, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
..now pimp that scoot tiki style and wash aware the squareness!!!

Any suggestions?

what i would suggest would be complex and time consuming as well as expensive....but it would be very cool.....but aside from that and on a more affordable note, i think you have a lot of nice wide areas on there to fill in with some pinstriping, mainly some nice pinstripe tiki imagery... keeping to a modern jet set theme you could make a nice tiki fender ornament by taking a cocojoes tiki of your choice and having it chrome electroplated (like the chrome parts in a model kit) and mounting it to the fender through the underside.....maybe do the same thing with the mirrors....take the shallow lids off the plastic coconut cups (like the ones they sell at the party store), have those electroplated as well and mount them to the backside of your mirrors so that it looks like your mirrors are 2 chrome coconut halves...you may even be able to use the pre existing straw hole in the lid to run the mirror stem through...and finally, create and cast some bamboo half rounds in a resin or urethane (must be flat on the underside)which can also be chrome electroplated and mount these on the floorboard for some nice chrome bamboo runners..i think you can fit 3 per side or so on that scoot.....now it's tikified and still retains a certain modern and updated integrity....

:D

H
hewey posted on Mon, Apr 23, 2007 9:02 PM

Go to a sticker/sign shop and get some white hibiscus stickers made up (go for a metalflake finish like those old Schwinn bike seats). Apply them to the maroon painted sections. Thats what this guy did:

This will give you a nice pannelled effect like an old 50s shirt.

Fill the back of the cream front/visor section (the bit you face when riding) with appropriate vintage surf and tiki stickers, reminiscent of a woody with stickers in the side windows. Keep the front of the cream section without surft stickers as it will look too 'busy'

Get the seat retrimmed. Maybe a nice cream colour so it ties in with the body. Get the seat engraved with a cool logo or something, maybe a Shag style tiki with a scooter (colour coordinated of course).

You're a wood guy, so make the footwell in wood.

They're all fairly nice budget options to start with. Should funds allow get a chrome exhaust and wheels, and get some whitewall tyres.

Carve up some shrunken heads and mold em in resin. hang em off the handlebar ends like streamers.

Cruise!

Oh yeh, get someone like Little Lost Tiki to paint your helmet!

The coolest tiki art is not bought on ebay, it comes personally from my fellow artists on TC

[ Edited by: hewey 2007-04-23 21:06 ]

That scooter looks fun...congrats on your new baby. Some really great ideas for tikifying it.

Thanks for posting that pic hewey....it gives me ideas for my little electric car.

Keep us posted on the tikifying process fink....I know it is going to look awesome. :)

Nice choice Finky....I really like the Vespa-style of the Honda scooter...almost
bought one before I decided to go the motorcycle route a few years ago. Why not
have Ben carve a 5 foot Lono and mount it on the backside.

Pages: 1 8 replies