Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Forbidden Island gets bumped AGAIN: We're now on the Today Show **JUNE 29th**

Pages: 1 2 58 replies

T

Thanks Pablus for the review. I have not seen it yet. Alas, I ended up on the cutting room floor so I will have to wait to be discovered in Hollywood. Glad Forbidden Island was shown; did the name and location get mentioned?

And the bartender made... a RUMARITA!?!?!?!?!
Disgusting representation of a fine rum. Disgusting.

How low can today's cocktail pop culture sink???
A perfect opportunity to showcase some good cocktailing and they screw it up!!
And neither a mention of the locale or what we're about...
The pan across FI's rum selection did look great though.

Yeah BooLoo!!

Has no one put it up on YouTube, yet?

M

Well...

It could have been better, it could have been worse.

The in-bar segment looked good, shame we didn't get a name check. Neither did Tommy's when they did the tequila segment in December.

And who did get a name check? Fucking Jimmy Buffet that's who. sigh

I just don't understand why they go to the plaza for the second segment- the hosts don't want to drink the stuff at 7 am, and then it becomes a which brand can funnel the most cash to the today show producers to get featured. Not surprisingly, LVMH got 10 Cane on there. Plus, old Phil Lempert doesn't really know shit from shit.

The plaza part was just rushed and confusing. And PACKED with lies. Sailor Jerry did not fucking move to the Caribbean start Sailor Jerry rum- he was a little too dead to do that. Aged rums are more potent? I could go on but I'm boring myself.

So...at the end of the day, the good news is that I never heard the word "Bacardi", and that it was at least shown that the rum segment is vast and interesting, and that there's a tremendous variety, and that it's growing. Plus, it's still national exposure, so I'm pleased.

And now I can update the FI site to say "AS FEATURED ON THE TODAY SHOW!"

You can see the segment, and also read his article here, which also features lies:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19443428/

M

Plus my wife looked lovely. And so did Gary!

Phil Lampert is a pud.

But, there were interesting bits and F.I. did make for a perfect backdrop. Overall, I'd give the whole segment 3+ (out of 5) stars. I didn't see Boo Loo (meh!), but I did see RetroDiva's gentleman, sippin' on a nice concoction in a superb green ensemble. Sweet!

EDIT: Oh, wait, there she is, with Maria! Yippee!!

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-06-29 11:56 ]

On 2007-06-29 11:27, martiki wrote:
Sailor Jerry did not fucking move to the Caribbean start Sailor Jerry rum- he was a little too dead to do that.

Classic! Attention Jerry, if you are sailing this earth as a zombie could you please stop by my house and give me a big fuckin' anchor tattoo on my chest!

B

I agree, Phil Lampert is a pud and couldn’t they have gotten a host that didn’t look at the Rum like she was scrapping something off her shoe? The bartender was from Mount Gay they should have known better than a RUMARITA!

Alas we also ended up on the cutting room floor but the filming was fun :).

On the good side I must agree BooLoo looked smashing, the bar looked smashing, the Rums looked smashing and the drinks (in the FI segment) looked smashing.
And what about that short but important cameo Martiki's hands had pouring rum?

M

I clearly need to take better care of my cuticles.

On 2007-06-29 17:10, martiki wrote:
I clearly need to take better care of my cuticles.

...and with Nancy's salon right across the street?

(they can help with your manscaping, too...)

With that quick slight-of-hand pouring, I never even noticed a hang nail. Congratulations on your 5 seconds of fame....as a hand model. The bar looked maaaahvulus...what an honor to be the backdrop on the ToRum Show. :)

Pages: 1 2 58 replies