Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

1 of a Kind Tiki tOny

Pages: 1 30 replies

Aloha!
Being that I am one HUGE Tiki tOny Fan and strive to collect the brightest, most colorful Tiki tOny mugs I can find I had a brilliant idea! Last December I Commissioned Tiki tOny himself to create me a drinking vessel, a HUt! like those tOny created his paintings. I had a ton of idea's in my head & tOny allowed me to some input then put it to all to life. It is an amazing work of art! I am honored to own this First One of a Kind Original by Tiki tOny. It was completed and delivered in early April 2007.
I was telling Ken Ruzic "Little Lost Tiki" to go to Ooga Mooga and see it. Ken suggested I show it here in TC so that it might be enjoyed by ALL collectors of art not just mug collectors. I was reluctant to do so, kind of not my style, but Ken was right. So tah dah!...showing you a small glimpse of it and invite you to see it in my collection in Ooga-Mooga and read more about it. I will soon have better pictures as well.
You may view it here: http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=2509 be sure to see all photos :) let me know you enjoyed it! A Million Mahaloz Again tOny & aLeNe, I Love it!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-05-21 22:32 ]

Wow! Psychedelic! I think someone sprinkled powdered mushrooms into my Mai Tai. :)

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Wow! You were right,Hip,that piece is GORGEOUS! Thank you for sharing this one! And Kudos to you Tony for creating this Masterpiece!! A lot of commissions just fall under the radar and viewed by very few...sad...sad...tikiTony's work is too loveable and magical to hide away from the world! I see your name above the door....I know this Dr. Shrinker fellow who might be able to help you out...Could somebody nominate this to Current and Cool?

psychedelic shack, that where it's at! this is an amazing piece of art. great ideas, hip. i'm sure this is the centerpiece of your great collection.

Oops. I just made a template for it, so it screwed up your link.

Here it is:
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=2509

It's a great piece. Seeing elements taken from paintings and made into something three dimensional always gives me a little thrill.

Holy jehosphat....that is wonderful!!! I agree. gotta be your prized possession. Thanks for posting the pictures, I'll have to look at it over and over and over...fun!!!

Congrats to the both of you! Hip for getting the idea to commission Tiki Tony and TT for such a beautiful job!

When I first opened this thread and saw that pop up I was completely like,"HOLY FREAKIN' ACID TRIP BATMAN!!" I think the shrooms are startin' to kick in and an Ohana Hut landed in Alice in Wonderland!

So when do we start drinkin'?

H
hewey posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2007 5:55 PM

Thats wild! Nice score :D

B

I really dig vintage mugs, but that one makes my imagination leap. It gives me a new appreciation for the works of art being created today. Wow, that is a fantastic piece.
Congrats!

You must have been jumping(carefully) for joy when you pulled this one out. I can't wait to someday own some original Tiki Tony art. Thanks for sharing it with us!

P

Fantastic piece of work.
Fluid and colorful and all tOny.

On 2007-04-28 15:20, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Oops. I just made a template for it, so it screwed up your link.

Here it is:
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=2509

It's a great piece. Seeing elements taken from paintings and made into something three dimensional always gives me a little thrill.

Mahalo Miss Tiki-Kate, your nothing less than FaNtaBulOs! :D

So glad ya all like tOny's HiP lil HuT... tOny is amazing! :)

Way cool Tony!

ST

If Dr. Zeuss drank Mai Tais it would have been out of that thing.

S
squid posted on Mon, Apr 30, 2007 9:33 PM

OMG! I'm gettin'flashbacks! This is over-the-top amazing!

I quit...

On 2007-04-30 21:33, squid wrote:
OMG! I'm gettin'flashbacks! This is over-the-top amazing!

I quit...

Squid you are way to humble.... Squid will be #1 in those Tiki History Books & then some....

That hut is beautiful! Personally, it's so beautiful I'd be afraid to ever drink out of it...but just out of curiosity, Kelly, what is the official drink for the Tuki Tuki Hut?

Well Trader Tom, Being that you are a writer & way over the top in imagination & you drink.....How about you help me out with a HiPhiPaHuLA Rum Drink..?? :D

Any Idea's People? Maybe I will post in drinks? The heavy drinkers might have ideas?? :D

On 2007-04-28 15:18, kingstiedye wrote:
psychedelic shack, that where it's at! this is an amazing piece of art. great ideas, hip. i'm sure this is the centerpiece of your great collection.

People let me tell you about a place I know
To get in it don't take much dough
Where you can really do your thing, oh yeah
It's got a neon sign outside that says
Come in and take a look at your mind
You'd be surprised what you might find, yeah
Strobe lights flashin' way till after sundown
People gather there from all parts of town
Oh yeah, what do I call it
You know it's just across the track
People I'm talking about the "TuKi tuKi" shack

Psychedelic shack, that's where it's at........... You made me smile 8)

we heart tiki tony!....thats friggin awsome!

On 2007-05-01 16:15, hala bullhiki wrote:
we heart tiki tony!....thats friggin awsome!

OMG I heart him too! :roll:

B
Babalu posted on Wed, May 2, 2007 7:02 AM

HipHipaHula,

This is just an incredible piece. You are very fortunate to have this one in your collection. Tiki tOny has a wonderful style....his low fire glaze work is exceptional. Those trees just blow me away. It looks like he fired those in position? Do they move?

Your pictures are very nice, and that fabric is sweet, but I would try to shoot this one a white back drop too. The white color sure makes artwork stand out nicely.

Congratulations!

TT

On 2007-05-01 01:02, Hiphipahula wrote:
Well Trader Tom, Being that you are a writer & way over the top in imagination & you drink.....How about you help me out with a HiPhiPaHuLA Rum Drink..?? :D

Alright...you asked for it. I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of Beachbum Berry's Books, nor do I consider myself a professional mixologist, but I worked with the ingrediants I had in my home bar and came up with a tasty drink.

In a perfect world, I would be able to harvest actual sap from a TuKi tuKi tree to include in this, but this is my best approximation.

TuKi tuKi Hut (serves two)

One Shot of Trader Vic's Macadamia Nut Liqueur
One Shot of Peach Schnapps
One Shot of Key Lime Juice
One Shot of Creme de Banana
A Double Shot of 10 Cane Rum
A Scotch Tumbler full of Fresh Pineapple Juice
A Highball Glass Filled with Ice
3 Lime Cherries Impaled on an Umbrella for Garnish on Each Glass
Pink Straws Must be Used (in Honor of HipHipaHula)

Dump all the ingrediants into a blender (except for garnish) and blend well, then pour back into two chilled highball glasses, garnish, and enjoy. Might want to throw in a couple of extra cubes to let it chill. For HipHipaHula's Hut, you would probably have to multiply everything in the recipe times two.

There was nobody around when I invented this on my lunch break so I had to drink both! :)

Pictures Below...

T

Well, I do have to thank Hiphipahula for master minding this creation! I had a drawing of this type of mug in my sketchbook dated 2005, but I would have probably never made one if it weren't for Hiphipahula's enthusiasm and creativity. After all, where else can her little menehune's sleep at night? They were keeping her up all night because they were getting freeked out by Tiki Diablo's Dr. Jivarro stairing at them.

I really do love the enthusiasm from everybody, thankyou! You make the labor intesive hours exciting!

As for the Wicky trees and wicky stump, those are made of my favorite material... driftwood and palmwood, not ceramic as thought. They'd be too delicate for my packaging abilities if they were ceramic. They are removeable, and can be repositioned. The Tuki tUki Hut was painstakenlly glazed by the meticulous hands of perfection, Alene!

Thanks again Hiphipahula for the great opportunity!

On 2007-05-02 07:02, Babalu wrote:

HipHipaHula,

This is just an incredible piece. You are very fortunate to have this one in your collection. Tiki tOny has a wonderful style....his low fire glaze work is exceptional. Those trees just blow me away. It looks like he fired those in position? Do they move?

Your pictures are very nice, and that fabric is sweet, but I would try to shoot this one a white back drop too. The white color sure makes artwork stand out nicely.

Congratulations!

For the asking, New Pic's. Funny, when tOny finished the hut I met up with tOny & Alene cause we just didn't want to risk shipping it. The Hut does come apart & as tOny was saying the wiKi Trees & sTump are made of Palm & Beachwoods.

Read more & see more at: http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/my/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=2509&ind_mug_id=13559

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-05-21 22:26 ]

B
Babalu posted on Thu, May 3, 2007 7:28 AM

HipHipaHula,

Thanks for the extra pictures....choice!

tOny,

The combination of the wood and the clay played out together give this piece a major added coolness factor! Sweet direction!

Man Trader Tom this drink sounds yummy but I'd be wrecked in 1 drink & you drank 2 on your lunch break? my gosh, some will wonder just what kind of job do you have? :D

TuKi tuKi Hut (serves two)

One Shot of Trader Vic's Macadamia Nut Liqueur
One Shot of Peach Schnapps
One Shot of Key Lime Juice
One Shot of Creme de Banana
A Double Shot of 10 Cane Rum
A Scotch Tumbler full of Fresh Pineapple Juice
A Highball Glass Filled with Ice
3 Lime Cherries Impaled on an Umbrella for Garnish on Each Glass
Pink Straws Must be Used (in Honor of HipHipaHula)

Dump all the ingrediants into a blender (except for garnish) and blend well, then pour back into two chilled highball glasses, garnish, and enjoy. Might want to throw in a couple of extra cubes to let it chill. For HipHipaHula's Hut, you would probably have to multiply everything in the recipe times two.

On Saturday I spent the day in Pasadena with Trader Tom & Ilene shopping & checking out Tom's mug collection. Tom made me the toned down version of the "TuKi tuKi Hut (serves two)" and it was very refreshing! Next time we make the real thing. But we need a different name I think based on the TuKi tuKi huT...

2007-04-10 15:52:11 Oooga-Mooga; Traveling Jones wrote:

HuuuuTaaaaH HHH! Hana Hou!! SsweeetT TuKi tuKi Hut...property value in da mughood just went up...SchwiiiinG!!!

I'm a lil' late posting on da TC board Triple-H but datz one buh-buh-buh-BaaaaaD 'T t Hut' sistah! :D

Flip-flop-fLipPp...

Pages: 1 30 replies