Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 217 replies

Spoken like a true classy dame!

G
GROG posted on Mon, May 14, 2007 8:55 PM

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-05-22 21:06 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, May 14, 2007 10:37 PM

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-05-22 21:06 ]

The Demented Menehunes don't want to meddle with time and space, really..., but let's just say that the record tapes indicate that towards the end of the fifth month of the seventh year of the Twenty First Century, they were caulking their canoe to paddle off toward that same month's Last Tiki Saturday's art show...

Fabloha nui!

SOK

http://www.yoyoisland.com

"Don't let it be forgot,
That once there was a Spot,
Where Blowfish all wore sunglasses,
and Tiki-times were hot..."

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2007-05-14 22:54 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, May 14, 2007 11:13 PM

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-05-22 21:07 ]

Ooooooooh. . . solar flares. . . .:)

T

ALOHA !!

I will definitely be at the Tonga with a bunch of Thor stuff... I have been working on a few new paintings thee last few weeks that I KNOW you guys will appreciate...since there just may be a few elements that resemble some of you better recognizable TC'rs !! Anyway, see ya there!!!

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 15, 2007 8:16 AM

Hmmmmm...... intriguing. Grog looking forward to having you at the art show Thor's, and to being at the Tonga Hut at the same time.

P

you should add drop shadows and bevels to offset your lens flares. that always brings a design to life.

plus monkeys.

Really looking forward to meeting you THOR!
Your art is AMAZING!

Mahalo for being a part of our show! :)

Oh No!
The Rocketship Decanter has Landed on the Planet of the Squirrels!
Oh my! Somebody get help!

T

Awesome work on the flyer Ken! ......BUT .........Squirrels and monkeys are cute and can sometimes be funny ......BUT.......My highly trained eye captured the likeness of a Jackalope. Jackalopes are fictional lepids created for amusement by hillbillys. They are as fictional as unicorns, mermaids , son of godzilla ,etc. Jackalopes do not belong on planet of the squirrels . They belong on the walls of gift shops and cheap bars in Cowchip , Wyoming. Great effort but lets not just wing it . Think before you act . Im just trying to help , Ray
P.S. And if it is Planet of the Squirrels , where are the damn acorn trees . What the hell do they eat there ? C'mon man , get with it !!!!!!!!!!!

They eat Tikis and Tiki Carvers!
All the acorn trees became extinct during the Thousand year Eclipse of the reign of
Nutchoolu,the legendary Emperor of the planet.....
the Jackalope is actually a minor diety of the squirrels on that planet
and....Oh Brother!
forget it! sigh!

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 15, 2007 8:28 PM

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-05-22 21:08 ]

Figured i'd quit while i was ahead.... :lol:
and Now...
Back to the Boring Launchpad pics....

T

Yeah , Im with Grog . That was just getting good . Please,please, please Uncle Kenny , please finish the story so we can all go to sleep ?And do the funny voices you make too .

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 15, 2007 9:37 PM

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-05-22 21:08 ]

Please,please, please Uncle Kenny , please finish the story so we can all go to sleep ?

Yawn! i can't! That boring launchpad picture is puttin me to sleep!
Good Night! :)

On 2007-05-15 20:28, GROG wrote:
You stopped just when the story was getting interesting.

Funny flier.

didn't someone recently insist squirrels weren't funny?????
Hmmm, I wonder who that was???
Care to take a guess, GROG?
:wink:
K.

G
GROG posted on Wed, May 16, 2007 8:41 AM

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-05-22 21:09 ]

I'm sorry Ernie,but the jig is up!
You say you don't like squirrels and you are happy to see them destroyed?
Well, how do you explain THESE photos....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

the jig is up Ernie! Time to come clean.....
and come to the Tonga Hut on May 26th!!!! :lol:

G
GROG posted on Wed, May 16, 2007 1:19 PM

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-05-22 21:10 ]

J

Hey! What happened to happy story time? I'm dying to find out what happened after the chimps turned the planet of squirrels into the Planet of the Apes!

G
GROG posted on Wed, May 16, 2007 2:14 PM

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-05-22 21:10 ]

I dunno...After re watching Planet of the Apes,there were a few very disturbing scenes....Like these two!
The general Ern-sus was creepy!

and the end with Lady Liberty in the distance was chilling...
"Damn you all to Hell!"

Seeing as your planet has eradicated the squirrel menace,
this might help you on our planet...

One last question...Does anyone know if Kirby is showing up?
He's been quite sullen and antisocial lately.....

"You talkin to ME?"

P

Monkeys really ARE funny!
and kinda scary too.... :lol:
(not as scary as pdrake's photoshopping,tho!)
Please come to the Tonga Hut on May 26th
and we'll make a monkey out of you!

GROG, is your distaste for squirrels because one of 'em done ya wrong?
Did it make ya dried up and bitter?

"Oh Lancelot, you're my hero!"
gotta love it!
:lol:
K.

G
GROG posted on Thu, May 17, 2007 12:54 AM

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-05-22 20:31 ]

D

squirrel free for 24 hours at was a good day. Post more art.

I second that .....

This thread REEKS of bilge....

Just wasted space...

Come on....

You do a disservice to the event by posting all this redundancy and jibberish....

Let the art speak for itself....

On 2007-05-17 20:49, Monkeyman wrote:
I second that .....

Just wasted space...

Come on....

You do a disservice to the event by posting all this redundancy and jibberish....

I detect the faint smell of urine coming from GROG and Kenny's Wheaties.

K

Ill be there kinny!!!

I'm tryin' to be there isn't that weekend the holiday weekend you monkeys!

APPEASE THE GODS!!!

Come to the TONGA HUT ART SHOW Saturday May 26th!

Trade in your clam shells for some amazing and unique tiki art. . . . it is a worthy offering and the gods will smile upon you . . .

G
GROG posted on Fri, May 18, 2007 9:29 AM

Suzy's the best. Yay Suzy.

GREAT FLYER SUZY...but not enough simians....

who's that in the decanter? is that a squirrel? :)

Is Monkeyman

Gonna

be there??

On 2007-05-17 20:49, Monkeyman wrote:
I second that .....

Just wasted space...

Come on....

Art who?

G
GROG posted on Fri, May 18, 2007 11:55 PM

Yep, if people want to see the art, then they can come to the Tonga Hut art show. That's the general idea.....Art+show. If they want to meet the artists and possibly purchase some art, they can come to the Tonga Hut art show. If they want the chance to buy some of Clarita's awesome tiki candles, they can come to the Tonga Hut art show. If they want to have some yummy exotic drinks in a Tiki Lounge that's been there since 1958 while enjoying fun music and awesome tiki art, they can come to the Tonga Hut art show. If they want to purchase the Flounder Rocketship Decanter from Tiki Farm without paying shipping....they can come to the Tonga Hut art show. It's a rousing good time no matter what your reason for coming to the Tonga Hut art show May 26th.

HERE HERE GROG!!!!

I was just at the Tonga Hut tonight putting up flyers and spreading the good word!

Looks like it will be the lovely and sassy Miss Megan, the demure and devilish Lady Marya, and the plucky and peppy Miss Suzy behind the bar! What a team!

The ONLY way to know how AWESOME this show will be IS TO BE THERE!!!!

Saturday May 26th people-be there! :)

G
GROG posted on Sat, May 19, 2007 8:46 AM

Suzy the Drink Goddess behind the bar!! That's reason enough alone to go to the Tonga Hut.
To hell with the art, GROG drinking Ginger Flames.

Suze, are you going to have any special drinks that night?

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-05-19 08:48 ]

C

On 2007-05-18 02:31, atomikitty wrote:
APPEASE THE GODS!!!

Come to the TONGA HUT ART SHOW Saturday May 26th!

Trade in your clam shells for some amazing and unique tiki art. . . . it is a worthy offering and the gods will smile upon you . . .

Very nice Susy!!! You really are multi talented!!

S
squid posted on Sat, May 19, 2007 8:55 PM

Y'know GROG, this thread really does suck but, the talent at the show will more than make up for the shennanigans of a couple of n'er-do-wells bent on destroying all that is good and holy and pure and....what the hell were we talking about? Oh yeah! Art show. Yup. ART. That's why I'm gonna be there. And booze. Not necessarily in that order, mind you but you get the general idea. So come on out for the art and booze and because I may need a ride home.

T

Hi folks , over 3 years ago they relocated an old Victorian home out here for track housing . The driveway had several 100 year old palm trees they cut down and I got a few pieces of them . They are wide pieces and the wood is soft like cork almost . I started carving a piece for the Tonga show when I got inspired to do something Ive never done .
Ive had an amazing tiki year with sales , shows , and calender work that will soon be in stores like Wal-Mart.I decided to give back and auction this piece off for the tiki fans . I will be bringing this piece to the show and starting the bidding at less than 1/2 price ($150.00). Anyone who wants to bid on it can add their price and name to the auction list . At 11:00 pm , whoever has the highest bid takes it home . It is 3-1/2 foot tall , 19"wide and 17" deep. Its kind of oval shaped .It has 2 coats of "Man o War" spar var on it . It is hand carved and burnt plus tattooed with wood burning tools . I hope you enjoy it , Tiki-Ray

Sorry to de-rail again (squid) but..............

Grog?

Did you have anything to do with The Simpsons 400th Episoda???

Oh my 24 gaaaaaaaaad!!!

Too freakin funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( read this post with a valley girl accent!!!)

G
GROG posted on Mon, May 21, 2007 12:15 AM

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-05-22 21:12 ]

Yay! Only ONE WEEK before the great TONGA HUT TIKI SHOW 4! . . . A Tiki Odyssey. . . .
Check out this flyer our DJ DEVIL ONE 'just through together'. Now that's one talented bastard!
(Squirrel lovers eat your heart out!)

Amazing Art, Intoxicating Tunes, Luscious and Exotic Tiki Drinks! So much talent in one room at once! Don't miss it!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 217 replies