Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis Roll Call

Pages: 1 2 3 132 replies

WOOHOOO! It's time for Roll Call: Who is going to be at Oasis?

SoccerTiki, Rugby Matt, & I will be there Thurs.through Sunday

i'm coming!

Hmmmmm? Isn't anybody going to Oasis this year??

I am coming and bringing 3 friends with me on Friday and Saturday night. Will be at Bali Hai on Thursday night and also have my Mom with me then and also have her at the sale on Sunday along with my friends. I am driving down from Sacramento and staying in Lakeside at my Mom's house. :D

Crap!!!!!!!!!

Just got an e-mail I can't pass up.

We're out!!!!!!!!

T

Ill be there for my 6th year!

chirp chirp chirp,

thats the crickets folks......

Jeff(bigtikidude)

M

I'm going, for the first time, and bringing Thor with me.

Im out this Year, too much goin on . Godard Gallery will be Hosting my Show around that same time New Kid New Art takin care of the Squirrles.

C
Cammo posted on Fri, May 11, 2007 7:50 AM

Going Going Gonzoville.

We're doing the Native Tiki Carving Village thing in the Oasis parking lot, cause it's a golden probably one-time opportunity.

That month, a niece is getting married. So is a cousin, in Hawaii. The weekend before is the biggest Star Trek Convention in the world, in Las Vegas. Never been to a Star Trek Convention, but we want to do it before William Shatner vaporizes. Having this in August is making things real complicated.

C

We'll be there & we're bringing a friend along, too - Can't wait!!!!

Oh, and we're flying in Wednesday night, so will be at the Bali Hai Thur night, and everything through Sunday morning.
Can't wait for the room Crawl.....was a highlight of our first Oasis & sure it will be for our 2nd Oasis, too!

:drink:

[ Edited by: croe67 2007-05-11 15:03 ]

The Mr and I are a go-go for all events. Ice will be clinking Thursday afternoon! See ya all there!

I just came across some staggeringly ugly-ish old Tiki shirts. They are so tacky, yet kinda neat-o. You know the ones, creations of polyester from Sears in the early 70s or custom ones made by Aunt Flo for a laua in '73. I think Mike Brady wore most of them in the Hawaii episodes...

I was thinking maybe it would be fun to have a Most Ugly Tiki Shirt type of contest at Oasis? Just a casual walk around in it on Friday or Saturday morning type of thing, nothing big. I know you all have a few lurking in the bottom of your closet. It'd be a great excuse to let them see the light of day!

Afterwards, we can have a craft class where we all create pillows out of them. Or car wash mits. Belts. Headbands. Diapers. Quilts. Boxer shorts. TP cozy. BBQ cover. Wedding aisle runner. VooDoo doll. Wine bag. Chair arm doily. Asphidita bag.

Yup, we'll be there Bali Hi Thurs. And the Hanalei Friday and Saturday! Oops I mean the Crown Plaza.

Count me in, too!! Maybe 2 of us, but not sure at this point. This will be my second Oasis. I love San Diego and any chance to visit, I am so there! I can't miss out on the room crawls this year; when do the lists start up?

San Diego No Ka Oi!!

• Myke

I'll let you know when we're closer to the actual dates?

Like in two months. :roll:

T

UGLY SHIRT CONTEST ????? Have you seen Little Lost Tiki's everyday collection? We dont stand a chance to win .

Preserve those old vintage shirts don't destroy them. They are old, bold, loud and ugly, that's the beauty of them. That breaks my heart :(

Speaking of shirts -- I've got about 20 hawaiian shirts that I made a few years ago. I never got around to putting on buttons. If I finally add buttons, I'm willing to add a few to any contest prizes at the Oasis. Otherwise, I'll give some away during the room crawl.

My friend Kaula Tiki and I will be attending the Oasis and will participate in the room crawl by mixing up some tasty drinks. Cheers!

T

Im just messing with Ken , Cheeky .I have many of my own .

On 2007-05-11 09:57, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:

Afterwards, we can have a craft class where we all create pillows out of them. Or car wash mits. Belts. Headbands. Diapers. Quilts. Boxer shorts. TP cozy. BBQ cover. Wedding aisle runner. VooDoo doll. Wine bag. Chair arm doily. Asphidita bag.

Nah Ray...I was worried the above would happen to the old shirts! If so, I will throw my body across them and save them!

see ya there! unless i lose my vision before i run into yall!

I'll be there with 3 friend and I have a full bottle of okolehau to share. Can't wait for the festivites!!!

I will be there with 2 friends (Panda and Kim the Canuck). This will be the 1st Tiki Oasis for each of us. We will be arriving Thursday and dragging ourselves home Monday.

The hubby and I will be there. 1st Tiki Oasis for the both of us. Looking forward to meeting you all.

I read this days ago! Don't know why I didn't post them?
Wasn't like there was any questions about it....we got our room reservation, our events planned, our mugs reserved!

Just slipped my mind! :P

Dr.TikiMojo and Iwa Mojo are on board!

I will be there plus 2 from Thursday - Monday...looking forward to my 1st Tiki Oasis!!!

CheekyGirl...dry those tears! Let me clarify. The shirts I was referring to are beyond mending. A few are in shreds; looks like the after math of an Incredible Hulk morph! (they also smell very funky- like they were used for a wet dog's bed in the back of an old VW bus in a hot, wet climate?) I thought it was a shame to just toss them. There's always a way to recycle them! This was an Estate sell lot at a 2nd hand hole in the wall I haunt. The gal there said the same thing- out of 10 shirts, 2 were still good, but who could trash the rest?
I would never defile a wearable shirt. Unless there was something underneath I absolutely needed. Now.

R

As previously announced by WooHoo Wahine I am flying in again from Allentown to join the festivities. Looking forward to seeing all the west coast ohana and lifting a maiTai in rememberance of Vic's 90210 and the Royal Hawaiian.

Brilliant!

Tears are dried.... :)

TF

We are in Thurs. - Sun.
C ya there!
T.F.

T

The wife and I will be there.

Mahalo,

Tikitatt

H

Me and the Mrs. will be there. We're draggin' our relations too.

Geez, time is flyin. Really excited about this party and look forward to having a drink at the
WooHooLounge. ac

Count us in...and can you believe we'll be celebrating our (LUCKY) 13th at Oasis?

Chief Bartender at Brenda's Tiki Hut and I will be there Thursday through Sunday. We may even come down on Wednesday to sneak in some client rainmaking before we are too drunk to make a favorable impression.

Hi all, I'm new to Tiki Room, but there will be 6-8 of us at Tiki Oasis. Can't wait to escape the Vegas heat already!! I'll introduce myself in another page. Thanks!

Grace and I will be there Thursday to Sunday, for our first Oasis!! Seems that a LOT of us from San Diego are going......Can't wait for my executive view of Hwy 8!!!

I'll be out West representing Tampa, Florida! I was planning on going to the Tiki Beach Fest the following week in Long Beach, but after hearing about the Oasis at the Huki Lau this past weekend I made some calls and rescheduled my vacation time.

I think my liver will be properly healed by then from the damage done last weekend...argh! What a great time!

-Scott

On 2007-06-19 08:21, TampaTiki wrote:
I'll be out West representing Tampa, Florida! I was planning on going to the Tiki Beach Fest the following week in Long Beach, but after hearing about the Oasis at the Huki Lau this past weekend I made some calls and rescheduled my vacation time.

I think my liver will be properly healed by then from the damage done last weekend...argh! What a great time!

-Scott

No! Stay for the Long Beach Tiki Fest. It will be worth your time plus then you can attend Bahookah's 40th Anniversary Party on Saturday, August 25th :)

Oh, if only...

Actually, I am already planning on looking for a job while I'm out there so if I land one I might be able to swing it!

If anyone knows of any Dive shop owners from the San Diego area who need a scuba and CPR/first aid instructor please please please let me know!!!!!!

Mahalo to All!
-Scott

K

Sigh... I wish...

Oasis sounds like a frickin' blast. One of these times, Haole Kats!!! would love to make it out there to play, and the time of year is just right, since August is a bit slow around here gig-wise.

Have fun, kidz!

Kanekila

MexicanTiki and I will be there shooting the pics for the rest of you who can't be there.

I

I'll see ya there!

I

We wouldn't miss it.

I'll be practicing my shutterbug style and taking lots of pics. Will also have my Mom with me so we will try to hang as late as possible. I am staying in Lakeside at her house with my friends and painfully enough....I am the designated driver, so will be sipping room to room. I am sooooo looking forward to meeting everyone. If you recognize me from pictures here on TC....just introduce yourself. :)

See you there Vamp, looking forward to making more friends as nice as you! We are there Thursday - Sunday, Wendy and Dan

TK

If all goes well, I will be there....

Hilary and I will be there, with a couple friends. I'm gonna try to break out of my shell with you TCers this time (3rd T.O. time is a charm) :wink: That way when I have a backyard party and invite TC members to help christen my new layout you guys won't say "who"?

We are really looking foward to Tiki Oasis. This time I won't get my ass kicked by the Zombies at the Bali Hai and damn near ruin our Saturday. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 132 replies