Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

2007 Lamp Day May 26th-Vista, CA

Pages: 1 2 58 replies

Do it again?

I just might.

But we will pick a different lamp design to make it fun and interesting.

Maybe in the fall.

M

All the lamps look great!

Wish I had been able to stay and see them finished.

Bosko, great idea cutting the hole in the end.
I put mine up and turned on the switch and realized I should have cut a hole to let the light shine through on the ends.
Missed the detail on the bamboo handle as well.
Got to get out the torch tonight.

Derek, I'm in for a fall class! (Do you want the tuition sent to you now? :D)

M

Thanks for all the pictures Mai Tai!

I'm in for another lamp building day, my husband mentioned wanting an octagon shaped lamp. :) I really like the bamboo rings in the resin.

If I am open for the weekend you do the next class.... definitely count me and a friend in. Those look absolutely awesome!!! (Bosko...I love the green light.) They are a nice size too. Thanks for all the pics everyone. :)

J

On 2007-05-30 11:27, Monkeyman wrote:
Do it again?

I just might.

But we will pick a different lamp design to make it fun and interesting.

Maybe in the fall.

Any chance you can squeeze one in maybe the day after the Big Ol' Tiki Bash in July when a bunch of us from out of the area will already be in SoCal? I would love to attend one of these, but can't afford to travel down there every month.

I dont think I will be in town for the Tiki Bash....

MT

Derek,
How about offering something like this during Tiki Oasis? Like on a slower day in the morning/afternoon? That would be fun, and you wouldn't lack for participants. Just a thought.

Nah... too much already going on during Oasis.

At Oasis I will be selling these lamps COMPLETE and ready to take home.

I have 12 being made in my garage right now.

$150 each

I cant ship these.... they are just too bulky and fragile.

MT

Okay, my lamp went up today. I happened to hang the glass fish float lamps a few weeks back, right before Derek announced this lamp building class. It fits perfectly between the two glass float lamps!

I'm glad that I cut out the extra material to let the light shine through on the end caps. Oh, and hey, everybody gets a sneak peak at the tiki bar I've been working on here at Casa de Mai Tai. Forgive the yellow walls. Right now you can see my drummer gods, a tiki by Crazy Al hiding on the left side of the bar, and mug shelf by Cammo. On the bar top you might be able to spot a 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea snowglobe, a Tangaroa lamp peaking over the clutter, a bottle of Ron Zacapa Centennario 23yr, and a tiki by Seamus in the middle, amongst other stuff. I picked up some swag at Oceanic Arts, including some wall coverings, and some puffer fish, so there is much more to come. I'm going to face that aqua and white cabinet in bamboo, and store most of my mugs in there. I have all of the bamboo, and Leroy at Oceanic arts split it all for me, so all I need is my Dad's nail gun. I'm also going to box in that big window, and make it a thunder and lightning and rain effect.

Hey, any of you old timers recognize the bar, and where it came from?

Needless to say, my new lamp has found a home! Thanks again Monkeyman!!!

P

wow, that is sure cool.Looks like everybody had fun.

M

for those that missed out on lamp day and would rather pay someone else to make thier lamp for them....

here is your opportunity...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=24764&forum=12&0

Pages: 1 2 58 replies