Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Tiki-Kate's Tiki Tour of Maui

Pages: 1 11 replies

I just got back from 12 days in Hawaii. I had an awesome time. MauiTiki's Tiki Tour was a great help. Here's some of what I experienced.

The trip started with an unfortunate monkey moment at Don the Beachcomber at the Royal Lahaina.

I made it to the Old Lahaina Luau which is, of course, replete with tikis.

I wondered if the luau at the Royal Lahaina had any tiki going on, so one afternoon I snuck into the luau area. No idea what they were going to do with poor Ku.

Had to drive to Hana. I'm a total tourist.

These guys are on Rob's Tiki Tour. I wonder how many people end up blocking this driveway every day.

On the way back, I swung by Mama's Fish House. I was too grimy from all the hiking to go in though.

One day I was just driving around and came across this strange sight. I got out of the car to get a closer look and found a bit of tiki.

I went to the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel to have dinner at the Tiki Terrace. They have a great loungarific hula show.

Here's someone's attempt at carving on the hotel grounds at the Royal Lahaina.

I really enjoyed Maui. It was extremely relaxing and a whole lot of fun.

Welcome back Kate!
So many Tikis!
Such beautiful scenery!
Thanks for shootin and sharin!
It's Great how you showed not only the
Tiki sites, but other roadside oddities,
especially that huge weird dog! :)

P

nice photos. too bad about the monkey. they're always trying to jump on your head, yet they're so funny.

thanks

Fabulous pictures TikiKate....looks like you really got around. You captured so many beautiful tikis...and those restaurant icons are a hoot. Thanks for sharing. :)

Aloha Tiki Kate!

Thanks for the pics, we are also headed back to Maui end of June and it's hard to wait. Too bad you couldn't make Mama's, it is really a fantastic restaurant. I'm missing the Ka'anapaali Beach Hotel too. Hope you had a "Tropical Itch" at the pool bar there - they are the best! See you at the next Chop-Chop I hope.

Cheers,

Aaron

So Kate, What did ya bring back for me from Hawaii huh? :D :D Welcome Home.....

On 2007-05-15 00:50, Hiphipahula wrote:
So Kate, What did ya bring back for me from Hawaii huh? :D :D Welcome Home.....

Just for you, I brought back a kinder, sweeter version of Kate. She's a much happier girl than the one that left California last month.

Hey Kate-
Did you happen to happen upon the South Shore Tiki Lounge in Kihei? It was our home away from hut while we were recently there. Cheers & hope you had a blast! -Tiki Joe's Pop

On 2007-05-16 13:22, Tiki Joe's Pop wrote:
Did you happen to happen upon the South Shore Tiki Lounge in Kihei? It was our home away from hut while we were recently there. Cheers & hope you had a blast! -Tiki Joe's Pop

No. I didn't make it over there. I found it in the phone book and had planned on going but just didn't get to it. Next time.

Hi Tiki-Kate!

I thought I'd post some of our tiki pix from Mama's Fish House... we too were grungy from playing all morning, but had to check it out. We had already eaten lunch so had a $14 cocktail, each, and snapped some photos. They said Sammy Hagar had reservations at 5 with his entourage, but we decided to move on and not be groupies!! I would definately go there again, it's a beautiful place, but very pricey...

Matt & Mookie at Mama's Fish House in Maui

Mama's Beach looking at the Ocean

A tiki looks at the diners

Another Tiki on the grounds of Mama's

The dining room

The pricey menu tells you who caught your fish and where

More inside pix

Tikis were everywhere!

View from our seats at the bar

Not from Mama's, we found this tiki North of Maui outside an art gallery

Thanks for the great pics....looks like you had lots of fun. The big tikis are awesome and I like that backbar. Haven't been to Maui yest, but will make it some day. :)

I love hawaii, we are hoping to go in spring 08 to the big Island with friends. We have the concrete statue in the last photo, got him at Silverado in Sacramento, they may have 1 left, we bought one stained in green colors, brought one to a friend that is in brown hues and last trip they had a concrete one, not stained. Very cool.

Hope my signature works, I posted a photo I took from the Old Lahaina Luau on our honeymoon in 1999. We'll see if it shows up when I post this. I'm trying to add a photo to my signature in my posts... not sure how...

Pages: 1 11 replies