Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

my surfboard tiki bar signs

Pages: 1 23 replies

A

this is on a genuine ostrich egg i call it birth of tiki.

here are a few of my recent tiki projects hope you enjoy

these are a couple of bamboo pieces i did, they are about 9 to 10in. tall

this is a watercolor on the nose of a surfboard

my first cigar box

[ Edited by: arttard 2007-05-25 08:57 ]

[ Edited by: arttard 2007-06-02 21:26 ]

Whoa! Very nice!

A

thanks alot.

P
Paipo posted on Tue, May 15, 2007 3:21 PM

Vibrant colours and tight designs. I'm not always keen on the bright "Tiki modern" style but I dig these. They look like they'd make good tattoos!
PS do you work in an art store?

..only the beginning, huh??...well it better not be the end!! this stuff is great...nice job. keep em' comin'

Artard,
great work!
And your collection of inks is enviable...What is your favorite?
Do you hold that bamboo whilst painting it? I just used a lazy susan
for painting a decanter and it went by so fast! Thanks for joining TC
and sharing your work!

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 15, 2007 8:12 PM

Great work, really liking it. Especially digging the 'board. Welcome, can't wait to see more.

HOLY TIKI ARTWORK!!! Those are really awesome. I also like the vibrant colors and the tikis have great personalities. The board is particularly nice. You got talent!!! :)

ST

Wow, I think Clysdales long lost brother just showed up!!

A

thanks so much for the compliments, i've been out of town for a few days so sorry bout the slow reply.

A

On 2007-05-15 18:14, little lost tiki wrote:
Artard,
great work!
And your collection of inks is enviable...What is your favorite?
Do you hold that bamboo whilst painting it? I just used a lazy susan
for painting a decanter and it went by so fast! Thanks for joining TC
and sharing your work!

thanks, i've only been painting off and on for a few years now so i've been trying a litle bit of everything i'm still getting the feel of how each works. as far as watercolor i like luma liquid it's pretty easy to work with. i'm kind of a freak with art supplies i buy stuff i havent even used yet.......yea, i'm weird, but i figure it will be there when the urge hits. also i just held the bamboo i tried painting it sitting up stright but it felt more comfortable laying at an angle.

A

all these pieces are for the huka lau in fort lauderdale, i'll be there with pat vassar of the green tiki

[ Edited by: arttard 2007-06-02 21:14 ]

A

these are some signs i made from an old surfboard.

[ Edited by: arttard 2007-06-02 21:22 ]

A

this is a drink caddy i made from a large cigar box i left it open so i could put the name of the bar on the lid.

H

Great job, I really like your style and the medium you are using. Real nice.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jun 4, 2007 12:13 AM

Great use of an old surfboard - the signs look great :D

Hewey's right! The surfboard signs are great!

F

Those surf board signs are great, I love your style. Very cool and graphic.

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Jun 4, 2007 8:13 AM

Nice work. The cut up surf boards are sweet. A new take on the driftwood signs. I like the white/black eyes alittle more than the colored. Or the surfboard tip have a brown eye to keep with the rest instead of the jeweled look.

Are you using broken boards to do those. Its always a shame to see a broke board but if you can recycle awsome

A

thanks alot for the great comments. these were kind of a test run i was trying diffrent layouts to see what i liked best. and yes these were from old disguarded boards, now the trick is to find more. thanks again

jd

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Jun 4, 2007 3:20 PM

The recycled surfboards are a great idea and very nicely executed. Tiki art works so well with the use of found objects, especially if they come from the beach....

C

Nice work! Very creative! I've loved the shark byte detaile!!

Super work! Keep it coming.

Mrs Hoptiki

The surfboard signs are inventive, recyclicious and finely executed, but mostly they are well done and fun. Good on yuh!
ST

Pages: 1 23 replies