Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Kia ora! What languages do you speak?

Pages: 1 13 replies

I just signed in to my Flickr this morning and I was greeted with "Kia Ora!"
Maori for "Hi"

I can get by with Spanish enough to survive. And a little French. Very few words and one sentence, "Voo ley voo cooshe ah vec mwa say swa!" Not bad, eh?

Many of the TCes have been around the world. Who can speak what languages?

Signature? I ain't signin nothin!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-05-15 08:14 ]

P
Pyro posted on Tue, May 15, 2007 8:39 AM

I don't speak anything but english fluently.

I have picked up how to give orders at work (like "put this over there","1,2,3, Lift", and "do not put that on this truck", etc" in Spanish, French, Japanese, and Portugese.

I can count to eight in a dozen languauges (only because I have 8 spotlights at work).

Took hebrew lessons as a kid, but since I haven't used it in years, all I remember are songs and curses.

I studied French for 8 years. Minored in French Lit in college. Can barely string a sentence together now though. Every now and then some of it comes back to me.

I'd really like to learn Spanish so I can understand what everyone at work is saying.

I used to speak pig latin pretty well. But, you know what they say, use it or lose it!

Psycho Tiki D (uya areyeah notyeah espeakingyeah iggypeah attinlay areyoueah)?

I am a proud uni-langual...English!!! Any foreign language comments from me are purely for shock-value only. :D

Anyone remember how to speak Ubbi?

..i speak gibberish as a second language...just ask holden from tiki farm, he can verify it!!!

..also comes in handy when trying to decifer what a homeless person is trying to utter when i come into contact with them on the street.

On 2007-05-16 10:34, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Anyone remember how to speak Ubbi?

Like from Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids Mushmouth character Ubbi?

Of course!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and I'm not even going to try and type it out)!

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.