Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki-Kate's Strange Little Beach Towel Collection

Pages: 1 30 replies

I stopped by Big 5 on my way home from work to pick up Brad's Body Glove beach towel. As I was driving home, I found myself thinking about how I've picked up one or two new towels every summer for the past few years. Then it dawned on me, "Good grief! It's a collection." Granted, it's a collection of seven, but a collection nonetheless.

Here's Brad's towel.

I'm pretty sure I bought these next four at Mervyn's.

These last two are from Cost Plus.

Veeeery nice Kate.....really love the Tiki Lounge one. Great collection!!!

I don't even need any beach towels(I already own lots) but suddenly I want more.

Great collection!

Aloha shirts and Beach towels.... I see the connection!!! Nice stuff, TK!

• Myke

The Mervyn's towels are especially nice. I like the one with the tiki hut and torches! Nice collection.

Somehow, I made it through the entire summer without picking up a new tiki beach towel. It nagged at me a little, but I just never got around to it.

I received this in the mail yesterday from TikiHula. Thanks, Mike. I love it. :D

Nice quirky collection, Tiki-Kate!

T

You're quite welcome - it's the least I could do!

B

GREAT collection! I can't find ONE anywhere - how did you score so many?! I guess I have to live somewhere where you can actually USE a beach towel for somewhere OTHER than the local pool (the beach waters around here are FREEZING year-round!).

T

How 'bout this one?

N
nuKKe posted on Thu, Dec 4, 2008 11:59 PM

On 2008-09-15 16:30, beadtiki wrote:
GREAT collection! I can't find ONE anywhere - how did you score so many?! I guess I have to live somewhere where you can actually USE a beach towel for somewhere OTHER than the local pool (the beach waters around here are FREEZING year-round!).

beadtiki,
you can always use them in the bathroom when the weather doesn't call for huge-fluffy towels. I would.

Fun thread!

T

On 2007-05-15 19:13, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I stopped by Big 5 on my way home from work to pick up Brad's Body Glove beach towel. As I was driving home, I found myself thinking about how I've picked up one or two new towels every summer for the past few years. Then it dawned on me, "Good grief! It's a collection." Granted, it's a collection of seven, but a collection nonetheless.
I'm pretty sure I bought these next four at Mervyn's.

I have these two (purchased at Meijer, a large Great Lakes area retailer a few years ago). Unfortunately, I MAY
have ruined the orange one a little. Wore a new pair of swim trunks without washing them first. They had a red
dye that was NOT "fast". Left a small streak of red on the towel if I remember right. It will be my "regular"
beach towel and I'll probably use the blue one for decoration of some sort.

Wow, that's cool. I find beach towels but always with hula girls, or fish, but NEVER tikis. You've got a knack for it girl!

DZ

Shouldn't this be IDOL worship??

On 2009-06-17 18:20, Doctor Z wrote:

Yes, it should. Just more proof that the folks at Tommy Bahama just aren't tiki. :D

On 2009-06-17 18:53, Tiki-Kate wrote:

Yes, it should. Just more proof that the folks at Tommy Bahama just aren't tiki. :D

Pretty sure they meant that as a double entendre...Idol as in tiki. Idle as in sitting on a beach towel.:wink:

Nice collection Kate!! I just recently picked up a couple of Brad's newest Blue Tiki towels.. I guess it could be a start to a new collection as well...just what I need....

Great collection Kate!
Tiki Lounge is my fave!

Now i know where to go to dry off!
:)

On 2009-06-17 19:25, kahalakruzer wrote:

Pretty sure they meant that as a double entendre...Idol as in tiki. Idle as in sitting on a beach towel.:wink:

Yep. I got that. I do love taking pot shots at Tommy Bahama whenever the opportunity presents itself though. :)

Here's the latest addition to my towel collection. I still want to pick up Brad's new one, but none of the Hobie shops had it the last time that I checked.

J

On 2009-06-18 10:16, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Here's the latest addition to my towel collection. I still want to pick up Brad's new one, but none of the Hobie shops had it the last time that I checked.

You can get Brad's towels from him directly. Just PM him. That's what I did and I have two of the new ones in addition to one of last year's. They're soooo wonderfully soft and bright and fabulous!

T

Yes, it should. Just more proof that the
folks at Tommy Bahama just aren't tiki. :D

I think that the "idea" there is that of a
"worship" of idleness (NOT working; i.e.:
a beach bum lifestyle, etc.).

T

Interesting timing, Phil.

I was just going through the list of things I'd been watching on ebay, and decided just to bid on what I really wanted and delete everything else. This was the one item that I bid on. Hopefully, no one else will see it, and I'll win. :wink:

T

Wow, that is a cooooool towel!! Wonder how old?

T

This showed up in the mail today. It's so much more vibrant than in the ebay picture. And just when I thought there was no wall space left in my house, I found the perfect spot to hang it. :)

No clue how old it is. I'll ask the seller if they have any idea.

Nice score Kate!

Just more proof that the folks at Tommy Bahama just aren't tiki. :D

They are Sponsors of Tiki Oasis though

T

On 2009-08-07 10:10, WooHooWahine wrote:

Just more proof that the folks at Tommy Bahama just aren't tiki. :D

They are Sponsors of Tiki Oasis though

They'd have to do a lot more than show up to a party to prove that they're tiki.

On 2009-08-07 15:14, Tiki-Kate wrote:

They'd have to do a lot more than show up to a party to prove that they're tiki.

I think its great that in these hard economic times that they would sponsor such a Great Event as Tiki Oasis. Just like everyone here on TC tries their hardest to attend all events, parties, and functions to support all vendors, artists, and people who are trying to keep the Aloha Spirit of TC Alive.

Maybe Tommy Bahamas will learn a few things from Oasis :wink:

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2009-08-07 15:45 ]

JB

On 2009-08-07 15:14, Tiki-Kate wrote:

Prove it to whom, exactly?

Umm...okay. So how 'bout those beach towels, huh? Pretty wacky little collection I've got going.

Here's one I picked up in San Diego last weekend.

Pages: 1 30 replies