Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

2012: End of the World?

Pages: 1 38 replies

I saw a very foreboding show on the History Channel about the end of the world on December 21, 2012 - winter solstice. Normally I poo-poo these ideas as they have, without exception, all been wrong.

However, this one discusses a realignment of the polar caps,which apparently has happened before. The smart money is not that the world will end, but that there will be earthquakes, tsunamis - what is now becomming standard fare.

The question(s) is: Is it serious enough to get earthquake insurance - or just pack all my tiki mugs for safekeeping for the holidays?

[ Edited by: christiki295 2007-05-20 22:10 ]

I saw part of that same show. The Inca's calendar predictions...Guess I don't need to worry about paying off my mortgage any time soon.

the end of the world???!!! HA!!!......we are not that lucky!!....

The day of when the Mayan calendar stops.
It was built in 1050.
This thing is made of stone mind you, and it is still keeping an accurate time line.
Believe it.

Can someone photoshop an arrow or something on there showing where we are, and which way I should be looking at it?

If I am not mistaken Little Lost Tiki's ancestors had something to do with this design also.

Chongolio

Mayan Calendar/the Great Pyramid/Biblical End times prophecy...and more!
Everything's pointing to things wrapping up...
Look up folks!
Your redemption draweth nigh!!!
or not! :)
Hey Chongo...
not my ancestors on that one.....I could tell because they didn't fill the design with ENOUGH detail! :lol:

Just a few tidbits to add. The Mayan calender actually keeps BETTER time than our "modern day" methods. It predicted one day that bearded, pale skinned lesser gods would appear on their shores & take control of the empire. On the EXACT year,month & day it said, is when Spain landed their ships on the shore & began to take over.
People who claim to be able to see into the future, have a hard time,or cant see at all past the 2012 date.
Scientists have already been recording a shift of the mag. poles. The true mag. north pole is said to now be in the Atlantic Ocean, somewhere near the North/West side of the African continent.
.............................just a few more reasons god invented rum!!!.............Remy

On 2007-05-21 12:16, Mouse Art wrote:

Scientists have already been recording a shift of the mag. poles. The true mag. north pole is said to now be in the Atlantic Ocean, somewhere near the North/West side of the African continent.  

Which would make my compass point south west.... it doesn't!

..all of this operates on the assumption that time is something concrete and real, not the abstraction that we, in modern times now know it to be....all of this doom and gloom would be scary only if reality actually functioned according to our linear way of thinking...it does not. so drink up, kids!!

Oops! I showed you the Aztec calendar.
They stole the concept(math) of the Maya's and built on it.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2007-05-21 14:05 ]

MA

On 2007-05-21 12:29, cheekytiki wrote:

On 2007-05-21 12:16, Mouse Art wrote:

Which would make my compass point south west.... it doesn't!

My mistake. Got my reading mixed up a bit.However, your compass should be pointing toward Ellef Island, off the Canadian coast [ north west of your location in England]. So a bit of re calibrating will be in order next time you use your compass. Sooooo, hows the weather across the pond today??

Celebrate the end! July 5th is X day!

End of the World? I always thought 2012 was when Timewave Zero escalated the eschcaton and we all achieve one world consciousness and then later on I read The Invisibles and apparently its when the two colliding meta-universes merge and then we evolve in hyper dimensional beings.

What I am sure of is that for the next five years I can mess with the minds of junior hippies with theories and conspiracy talk about 2012.

Here's some interesting reading on crop circle and 2012 connection. We are suppose
to be figuring out the big puzzle from the little green men.

http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/cro.htm

D

Ok..whatever it is you guys are talking about...it's FREAKIN ME OUT!

I wonder if the type of apocalypse says something about you, if you belive in an estatic apocalypse like the rapture, cosmic conciousness or X Day, Vs a downbeat apocalypse like polar shift, nuclear war or alien invasion. A glass half full kind of thing, I think its just a human reaction to the fact we are tiny little monkeys alone in a vast empty universe at prey to the random chaos of existance...tiny monkeys..so alone..SO ALONE....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggh!!!;)

Will the prices for tiki items on Ebay go down right before?

better start addin' some new wings to that International Space Station.

On 2007-05-23 18:27, christiki295 wrote:
Will the prices for tiki items on Ebay go down right before?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S

I first heard this when I was a kid. I thought it was December 25th 2012. At the time, Rush 2112 was out and that rang some bell. This might be a good time to plan a party at the Mai Kai. Their anniversary is December 25thish, and where else do you wanna see it all go belly up than enjoying a Black Magic with your loved one in the Molokai Lounge as they sing E Maruru a vau?

I am thinking "The End of the World" type parties will be sprining up all over the planet. I doubt that people want to face the apocalyse without a drink in hand!!! :drink:

I think Tiki Farm should do a mug to commemorate the end of the world. Perhaps something volcano shaped?

On 2007-05-24 22:59, Trader Tom wrote:
I think Tiki Farm should do a mug to commemorate the end of the world. Perhaps something volcano shaped?

Tom, great idea!! They should start this year w/a Dec.21 "End of Days" party set!  Yeah maybe your volcano mug idea & the center party dip plater w/the Mayan calender embossed on it! Anybody else wanna ad to the set??...........Remy

However, this one discusses a realignment of the polar caps,which apparently has happened before. The smart money is not that the world will end, but that there will be earthquakes, tsunamis - what is now becomming standard fare.

[ Edited by: christiki295 2007-05-20 22:10 ]

and suprisingly enough....earthquakes and tsunamis have been standard fare since the day the earth began.....there's nothing unusual or strange about this at all...in fact it's quite natural.

On 2007-05-24 06:02, Swanky wrote:
and where else do you wanna see it all go belly up than enjoying a Black Magic with your loved one in the Molokai Lounge as they sing E Maruru a vau?

Swank!
I just booked my flight.
See ya there. :)

K

On 2007-05-21 15:42, Chip and Andy wrote:
Celebrate the end! July 5th is X day!

Ah, yes! The infamous Church Of The SubGenius. I had a friend several years ago whose wife left him after after she found out he participated in blood wrestling at an X-Day event.

LONG LIVE BOB

MT

Other things of note for the year 2012:

• NASA predicts that the Sun will also reverse its own magnetic poles during 2012 as result of reaching the end of the current 11-year sunspot cycle.
  • In 2012, asteroid 2004MN4 comes into view again to recalculate odds of impact.
  • Charles Manson will be eligible for a parole hearing again.
T

On 2007-05-21 11:04, Tornhalo wrote:
Can someone photoshop an arrow or something on there showing where we are, and which way I should be looking at it?

going counterclockwise

2012 London holds the Olympics, The UK will finally be Bankrupt

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Feb 4, 2009 10:27 PM

Nostradamus said (in a T.V. show I watched 15 years ago) that:
The end of the world will come after the black pope... Back then there was no presidents.
The end will come when everyone stares at black mirrors all day long... computers and t.v.
'' '' '' '' '' '' Men look like women and women like men.
'' '' '' '' '' '' the anti-christ comes, someone from orient with a turbant
I am sorry but I swear that's what the T.V. show said, but also said that after the end of the world, the survivors will live a thousand years of peace and then earth will get too hot and all life will die.

Also, I read that earth is entering completely into this weird cosmic rays, the photon belt, it started in the sixties, "the age of Aquarius" (that's why there was so much trouble and mind expanding back then) So it's not going to be a material end of the world (there will be some of that too) but a change in the mentality, change of consciousness, the relativity of reality will finally hit mankind and those who think in terms of good or evil, black or white, will not "get it" and will go crazy and die... the rest will adapt and live in a more real reality...
Also, the Mayan calendar ENDS in 2012, and they counted about 15000 years in the past.
Also, read 2010 The year we made contact by Arthur C. Clarke.
I could go on but why waste time writing gloomy prophecies, If they are real, why worry? If they are not, why worry? :drink: Salud amigos! One thing is for sure, times are changing.

...And I feel fine...

S :wink: K

You Tube Fart!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2009-03-05 21:47 ]

On 2009-02-04 22:27, Zeta wrote:
Nostradamus said (in a T.V. show I watched 15 years ago) that:
The end of the world will come after the black pope... Back then there was no presidents.
The end will come when everyone stares at black mirrors all day long... computers and t.v.
'' '' '' '' '' '' Men look like women and women like men.
'' '' '' '' '' '' the anti-christ comes, someone from orient with a turbant

Did all of them have to occur, or just one?
BTW, Pres. Obama's term ends in 2012.

can't wait,
lets get it over with all ready.

now lets see where's my hand basket: check
1 ticket to hell: check
sunscreen: check

ok I'm ready.
Jeff(bigtikidude)
:wink:

On 2009-02-04 22:27, Zeta wrote:
Nostradamus said (in a T.V. show I watched 15 years ago)...

How do you know it was him? Was he really, really, really, really old? 8)

No need for anyone to flip out for nothing.

Mickey Ourlady, as one of my Great-Greats knew him back at Montpellier U., got expelled from school. He didn't see that coming. Hee Hee!

They had a mutual friend who dealt trip weed and hash from Tibet and Nepal. Mickey became an apothecary because of that and made prophecies pretty much as well as anybody who was similarly "enlightened." He was so pissed off about not being able to predict his being kicked out of med school, he began studies with a private tutor in the arts of metaphysical sentiency, Madamoiselle Cleo. After that he just couldn't keep his trap shut, so that's why you see his writings all over the place.

Hey! You don't need to second guess Mickey. Get yourself some Nepalese Temple Balls and you'll see everything just as clearly. BTW, 2012 was the year that Madamoiselle Cleo predicted a severe blight would erradicate the Himalayan trip weed crops. That's all. She always said it wasn't the end of the world, but Mickey was not hearing any of that.

T

Excellent article on this here:
http://www.slate.com/id/2218841/pagenum/all ;
includes this comment, which I like:
"The best cultural explanation I found for this flowering of idiocy said that New Age fads like the Hopi prophecy and 2012 are a kind of cultural colonialism in which white people endow the minorities they have wiped out or repressed with mystical powers made more mysterious by their virtual vanishing."
And much more...

Yah, I have a friend that wanted to "develop a contingency plan" (head for the hills) for Y2K. He wanted to take guns. I don't own a gun,........why?.....cuz I'd kill somebody. So I told him if I'm gonna die,.....it'll be right here in my home.
Reminds me of Iron Maiden song. :music: "RUN TO THE HILLS :music: RUN FOR YOUR LIEEIFE :music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXSpHpdRwkU Love the drum roll, the energy.
And what's that other song, "Have a good time"? Somebody help me on that one.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-05-22 20:46 ]

First of all, Y2K, remember that? It's a horrible nuclear death we've all endured.

Second, I'm pissed off about this, I had my 5 year old cousin ask me if she was going to die in 2012.

That's rediculous.
A 5 year old shouldn't be worried about if she's gonna die at the age of 9. If I had the chance, I'd personally chew out the "History" Channel people.
Anywho,
I've discussed this with some friends. And honestly, I don't see the world ending.

First of all just because the calendar ends doesn't mean the world ends.
If anyone noticed, the Gregorian calendar ends in December, but does the world end? No, just the year ends.
Second, the Chineese and Hebrew calendar run on different time lines, so, theoretically 2012 has already come several times.
Third, my friend who is a major in Mesoamerican Studies...or something like that did some research on this. The biggest tip off to me that we can't get the full story is because oh yeah! European explorers KILLED all of the Mayans. Maybe there's a reason there's not more Mayan calendars. ALL THE CALENDAR MAKERS ARE DEAD! Also, the Mayans didn't predict the end of the world, they predicted what has been roughly translated as "A new beginning". Which has been twisted by The "History" Channel as the end of the world.
2012 was a celebration for the Mayans. One giant ass party.

As for Nostradamus, he made vauge predictions. It's like the daily horoscope. Of course it fits if you're vauge enough. It's like posting on here, "You will get a cut carving a tiki." Everyone would just be like, no shit. But because he's Nostradamus, it's a prophecy.

Would you like to know what's gonna happen after December 21st, 2012?

December 22nd, 2012 and a huge police blotter of people doing stupid things because they thought the world would end.

Also, here's this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfulfilled_religious_prophecies

And another question. Where does The "History" Channel get off on predicting the end of the world and what happens to the world after people? They're supposed to be the HISTORY channel, not the DEPRESS-AND SCARE-THE-SHIT-OUTTA-PEOPLE channel.

Pages: 1 38 replies