Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mai Tai and Coco Loco headin' to Southern CA 5/25 - 5/28 - lock up your liquor cabinets part 2

Pages: 1 10 replies

MT

Hope you guys didn't remove The Club from your liquor cabinets, 'cause we're headed south for Memorial Day weekend! We'll be driving down Thursday afternoon/evening, and spending Thursday night at our friend's pad in Thousand Oaks.

We plan on hitting the El Capitan Theater on Friday afternoon to see Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 At World's End. I managed to score some VIP tickets off of Craigslist for the 4:20pm showing - reserved seating, no waiting in line, popcorn and soda included, all in all not a bad deal. We will head over to the Tiki Ti as soon as the movie is over, probably around 7:30pm or so. From there we will finish up the night at Tiki Taix.

We will be taking MonkeyMan's lamp building class on Saturday morning/afternoon. After that we'll probably pop into the Tiki Ti again for a quick one, and then head over to the shindig at the Tonga Hut for the rest of the evening.

We don't really have definitive plans for Sunday yet, so we'll be playing that day by ear. Disneyland is a slight possibility - I want to see Pirate Island, which I believe is now open, but the crowds will be nightmarish for Memorial Day Weekend. Does anyone know if the Nemo Submarine ride is open yet ahead of schedule? Other things of interest - I'd like to squeeze in a trip to Hi Time Wine in Costa Mesa, and the House Of Tiki, most likely on Friday or Saturday afternoon, maybe Sunday. We'd like to squeeze in a trip to Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner as well, either that or Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. Anyone interested in Mrs. Knott's, or some other fun thing? We'll be heading home Monday afternoon.

Okay, see you folks in a couple of days!

Dayum...you two sure do get around!!! Wishing you a safe journey and have fun at the Lamp-Making affair. Wish I could go, but got family coming to town. If you can score me a lamp kit that would be great (payback would be sweet). I'm looking forward to your pictures. :D

Forgot to say ARRRRGH...ya drunkin scallywags....njoy da flick!!!!

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-05-23 21:45 ]

Mai-Tai! Coco!
Rad you'll be hitting the Tonga Hut on Sat!
It'll be fun to see y'all again! You two are down here a LOT!
Why don't cha just move down here?
Hi Time Wine in Costa Mesa,isn't it Hi Time Liquor?Can't remember,haven't been there in a while... Used to have a GREAT crammed used bookstore in the parking lot that was just as fun as the Liquor Store!...That's the only place I could find Amarulla (sp?),this South African Liqueur that tastes like a friggin milkshake when frozen! Yums!

Do I hear 3AM lyrics games and name that 80's song?

On 2007-05-24 09:07, Daves Not Home wrote:
Do I hear 3AM lyrics games and name that 80's song?

Reunited and it feels so good
Reunited 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited
'Cause we're reunited, hey, hey

Oh wait that was the 70's my bad. Have fun anyway and keep the Depeche Mode crankin!
Chongolio

Bill,
I know you said you are staying in Thousand Oaks thurs. but if you can get to the Farmers market in LA, Superstring Orchestra( DJ bonebreak of X's exotica band is playing at 7 pm)
info here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=24206&forum=11&2

and there is a big 8 band surf show on Sun in Hermosa beach from 2 to 10 pm. only 5 bucks for 8 bands. info below.
hope to see ya sometime this weekend.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

it's the big one Sunday May 27th -
CHUM proudly presents:

Sunday, May 27th
South Bay Surf Stomp 5 at:
Suzy's in Hermosa Beach, CA.
1141 Aviation Blvd.
Kicking off at 2:00PM,
there will be 8, count 'em 8 Surf Instrumental Bands. Here's who on
board
thus far...

Deep Sea (SBSS new comers)
Glasgow Tiki Shakers( a must see for any surf music fan)
The Lava Rats (our Frithco bruthas from other muthas)
Secret Samurai (see above, but from San Diego)
The Detonators
CHUM
Powerflex 5 (featuring skateboarding legend Steve Alba)
The Reventlos

This show is gong to ROCK!!!
Giveaways from the bands,
South Bay Skates, Huff Surfboards, Save The Waves,
and more...

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-05-24 14:29 ]

hey Bill, since you'll be in So Cal....Is your liquor cabinet locked up?!?!?!?!?....or are you taking a trip cuz it's empty?
Have a safe trip.

FUN FUN FUN TILL YOUR DADDY TAKES THE TBIRD AWAY... :music: :music:

Fun fun packed full o' fun days...Yesterday, many hours in Oceanic arts, discovered **Hobby City **on Beach and Ball *An Adventure!...the little theme park that's big on family fun * (The White House, A Log Cabin, tree stump house, and loose llamas wandering around), then to Downtown Disney. After that we had the immense guilty pleasure of Knotts Chicken dinner.

Brought the evening to a close with TikiTi (fun running into Swanky and Frank...AND Lala and Dr. Tiki!). Capped off the evening with with TikiTaix. KK was great. Clay Allen was amazing. And who were the birthday boys with the great voices? KK brought them up on stage.

Today, awesome day at Monkeyman's. Learned a lot, laughed a lot, and had a great time. Made a great looking...and working lamp. Everyone made beautiful lamps. Yeah! Truly, a wonderful experience.

Tonight, our fun was cut short. On the way out to a party and then the Tonga Hut our car decided to force us to break. Our battery stopped working. The good news is that it was in front of where we're staying. Spent the rest of the evening awaiting AAA. When the tow truck driver arrived, well lets just say he smelled like he had spent the past decade not in AA. Later we saw him possibly taking a nap down the road. Ahhh, two more days of fun still though. :)

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2007-05-27 00:50 ]

S

Sorry you had those ill fated troubles. Good meeting you at the Ti!

Aloha! Sorry I missed this post in time, Hope you had a fun filled trip, however I do remember reading of all those car problems! Missed ya at the hut and hope you make it back down soon!

Missed you too HHH! We're aiming for the Tikifarm bash! If all goes according to plan. :)

On 2007-06-12 10:05, Hiphipahula wrote:
Aloha! Sorry I missed this post in time, Hope you had a fun filled trip, however I do remember reading of all those car problems! Missed ya at the hut and hope you make it back down soon!

Pages: 1 10 replies