Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tikis & set design by tiki beat downunder for nbc

Pages: 1 12 replies

I was very fortunate to be asked to contribute tikis and set design for the new series The Starter Wife (starring Debra Messing from Will & Grace) which premieres with a special two-hour episode Thursday, May 31 at 9/8C on USA which was filmed on the Gold Coast, Australia recently - if anyone out there can get me a copy or post pics I would be really grateful - am not sure if we will get to see the program down here - and I am guessing if we do eventually get it my grand kids are more likely to be watching it than me... it takes a while for stuff to get to us.

Congrats! Great opportunity for you!
Plus, you're helping to spread the Tiki vibe!
Right on Marcus!

Thanks for the heads up...I will catch it. I don't think if we video tape it in the USA, that you can watch it in Oz....isn't it out of synch somehow? If someone can let me know how to tape it so you can view it (like is there a special type of video tape to use) then I would be happy to tape it and send it your way. :)

Yup, our video tapes run clockwise, and down under, they run counter-clockwise.

:P :lol: :P

H
hewey posted on Wed, May 30, 2007 3:43 AM

On 2007-05-29 14:49, 4WDtiki wrote:
Yup, our video tapes run clockwise, and down under, they run counter-clockwise.

:P :lol: :P

:lol:

I know your DVDs run on different 'regions' to ours, not sure about video tapes... Looking forward to see it Marcus, sounds cool :D

M

There used to be a problem with Australian video players having problems with the difference between NTSC and PAL, but most video players sold in Australia can cope with this these days. If your video player can't cope with NTSC, then I'm sure you can get it converted somewhere, but I doubt you'll have a problem.

S

Just Tivo'd it.

Congrats! A good one for the CV. (hope you charged Hollywood prices..?) :wink:

Tama

R

USA uses NTSC, Oz uses PAL, but DVDs should be ok if you don't code them, which you wouldn't as I believe that is something only manufactures do to protect their copyrights. At the very least you should be able to watch a burned DVD on your computer, VHS on the other hand would be useless.

G
GMAN posted on Thu, May 31, 2007 3:50 AM

Right on Marcus! However, you only get half man-props though 'cause this is a chick-flick, yes?

-G

Thanks everyone for the feedback - if someone could put it on a DVD I am sure I could watch it on either my DVD or computer - I have purchased US DVDs and they go OK down here (even though the toilet still flushes clockwise)
Such support from TC'ers you guys are great!!!

Marcus: You must have some piccies of the work in question?; any chance of showing us some off-camera/backstage pics of the superstar carves..?

T :)

BB

Hi Marcus,
The website has a link to watch it online - http://www.usanetwork.com/series/starterwife

Pages: 1 12 replies