Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

The Adventures of Trader Jim!

Pages: 1 23 replies

P

Just thought I'd post the first of a series of POCKETIKI promotional found art postcards entitled 'The Adventures of Trader Jim'. This is No. 1, I'll post the others when I get 5 minutes. Come and say hello at the LONDON LUAU and we'll give you one of the 3 different cards we've done so far. Buy a magazine or two from us and who knows, you might get all three! Hope you like it?!

Hey! Who shouted "Push the weasel!"? Come on hands up! One...two...five...eight...twelve...twenty three...Aw, c'mon folks!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai...in a volcano bowl, ha, ha...geddit? Volcano... Thirty five...forty seven...fif...

OMG...I luv it!!! I want the magazine and the postcards. :D

T

Violence against men when will it ever stop !!!!

P

On 2007-06-05 05:08, TikiLaLe wrote:
Violence against men when will it ever stop !!!!

Tell me about it! It's a dirty filthy stinkin' job but someone's gotta do it!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Martyr-Tai!

How do we get these?????? DAn and Wendy

James dear boy, I think you're selling yourself short, you are so much more rugged and handsome in real life

V
virani posted on Wed, Jun 6, 2007 3:52 AM

so will you have a new pocketiki issue this week end ?

how very splendid!

P

On 2007-06-06 03:52, virani wrote:
so will you have a new pocketiki issue this week end ?

I'm afraid not Virani! It was not ready as it was, and we've had so much to do to get ready for the weekend that I thought I'd put it on hold until after the LUAU. We will have both regular and a few 'limited edition' copies of POCKETIKI #1 & #2 though! Your article will be in the next issue and it is looking pretty good right now! We got some real cool stuff lined up for #2 and a great idea for the limited edition copies!! Looking forward to shooting the breeze with you at the LUAU!

How do we get these?????? DAn and Wendy

I'll send you a few after the LONDON LUAU guys!

James dear boy, I think you're selling yourself short, you are so much more rugged and handsome in real life

You're only saying that because it's TRUE! No seriously...I do cut quite a dash!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

As promised here's the third postcard in the 'Adventures of Trader Jim' series. Thanks for all the great comments from the folk who picked up copies at the LONDON LUAU! We do it for you!

You'll be pleased to know that thanks to the efforts of TC's 'lil wahine', we have the next POCKETIKI 'Hula Honey' in the bag! We've seen the work of the photographer...we've seen the model's pin-up images and we've seen the tiki carver's work. We haven't seen the photos yet but...BOY ARE WE EXCITED!!!

All the Best from Tiki Towers - Trader Jim - Make mine a HULA HONEY!

P

Whilst waiting for bits of POCKETIKI #3 to materialise, and in between cobbling it together, we've put together a few more 'Adventures of Trader Jim' postcards. Here's #4 in the serise. Hope you like it.

T
teaKEY posted on Sat, Feb 9, 2008 4:25 PM

Maybe this one isn't a Trader Jim postcard, but I think it could fit into this thread. If these were all covers of a novel, I would certainly want to read. Make way Fabio.

from the Cheeky bar thread

The Magicial amount - teaKEY (make mine a Hula Hiney)

Jim, you need to spend less time on your adventures to fill your pages with 'South Seas Smut' and more time getting Issue 3 out so we can enjoy them in private, I mean, read interesting informative articles.

M

:lol:

You may well laugh mymotiki but CheekyTiki's probably right, but hey...Where's the fun in that!! POCKETIKI is hopefully fun if not much else?!! And...just as a word of warning you Cheeky.....

Trader Jim - Make mine a Slow Comfortable Screw...or else!!!!

M

hahah that was a quick response trader jim. Love the art!

I think 'found' art would be more applicable, I'd hate to think that people thought I actually had 'artistic' talent like fellow BRITIKI artists such as Tiki Racer, Jamie Wilson and AtomicTonyTiki etc. Now that IS talent! Thanks anyway!

No Trader Jim, takes a great artists eyes to spot the best images and a great craftsmen to put them together. Keep up the good work.

Aw gawsh! You say the nicest things TR but it just ain't the same believe me!

Trader Jim - Make mine a 1 1/2 oz of the talent you guys have and I'll add the 'Trader Jim Mai-Tai Mix'!

T

It looked like too much fun, so I had to try it. This is a cover to Adventure Magazine decades ago. Its strange how the women look like the ones from the first Trader Jim's.

These are Great!
Had me crackin up!
:lol:
Great Mag by the Way!

Can I have a go

H
harro posted on Tue, Feb 12, 2008 5:02 AM

:lol: :lol:

On 2008-02-12 05:02, harro wrote:
:lol: :lol:

It's alright for you to laugh 'harro', but he's besmirchin' my reputation!!! Albeit in a funny way with oodles of 'gay abandon' but he's besmirchin' it never the less!!

Now look what you've started teaKEY!! That is a great cover you used, I was saving that one for later, but HEY! Yours looks way cool, love the copy too...SO TRADER JIM!

Trader Jim - Make mine a pink gin...with one of those luv...erly cute um...brellas!

Pages: 1 23 replies