Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Money (formerly Cook Island Cash)

Pages: 1 18 replies

Aloha, not sure where I should of posted this one cause it a little bit of art, a little bit of of general and a bit of ohana as well...

One of the coolest tips I ever recieved was from Mr and Mrs Bongofury at the big art sale in the Tiki Farm parking lot back in April. They had given me this beautiful 3 dollar bill from the Cook Islands. Take a look at how awesome this bill looks. I have seen some of the coinage from Australia and New Zealand also which pays tribute to other local animals and plants. Why our american money has only cryptic symbols and dead white guys is beyond me.
Anybody else have any neat cha-ching to show off?

Chongolio

edited by request to a new title

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2009-04-02 11:43 ]

A

Can you imagine the uproar from our small-minded, puritan society if the US Mint issued money with a nude woman on it.

"The children! Won't someone think of the children!?"

Found this site with some more Cook Island currency.

CL

Man that's pretty money. It's frame worthy...

Coins from Tonga and New Zealand

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 15:38 ]

Neato, I have some $ from when I lived in Fiji. now let me see wher did I stash that? I will look and post pics soon.

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Jun 18, 2007 3:11 PM

I went to the bank specially to get some of those $3 notes, but I didn't see the $10 or I would have got one of those as well. Next time!
Here's a few coins I've gathered:
Solomon Islands, Fiji

NZ

Cook Islands

Great thread....I love money. :D I saved some coinage and bills from New Zealand and Australia, but looks like most of that is posted. :)

I hate the look of our US coins and bills. They are an ugly color and the pictures suck big time. Only going to rant a little about the women thang....but damnit....why did the only time a women get put on US money be a poorly shaped coin that is set up to fail right from the start!!!! ARGH :(

US money doesn't have to display people...how about places, plants and animals and then hopefully nobody will be offended. How about some bright colors....aqua, pink, brown, purple.......sigh.

That Cook Island money is beautiful. :tiki:

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-18 18:27 ]

M

Was imbibing at London Vic's, met this guy at the bar. I was a bit short, ya know? Lacking funds, busted, broke...skint. Conversion rate, a bad night at the Blackjack table, "entertainment" expenses. The well was dry. I gave the guy the details, the whole sob story. Say brother, can you spare a tenner, even a fiver? Help a chap out, just enough to get me to Heathrow, catch my flight home. "Hmmph!" he said, "how do I know you won't just drink away whatever I give you?"

Oh, I got drinking money:

Lawyers, Guns and Money,
el midnite

On 2007-06-18 13:12, arriano wrote:
Can you imagine the uproar from our small-minded, puritan society if the US Mint issued money with a nude woman on it.

have you seen the whanger on the cook island coin..

.I think the mass apoplexy would finish them all of.

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Apr 2, 2009 8:22 AM

I think this thread should be called Tiki money.

My two cents... sorry, my ten francs.

That would help when someone does a search.

KK

A

Dang those are cool! I want some...

That Maori 10 shilling piece is soooo cool!

On 2007-06-19 09:29, atomictonytiki wrote:

On 2007-06-18 13:12, arriano wrote:

have you seen the whanger on the cook island coin..

.I think the mass apoplexy would finish them all of.

Gives a new meaning to heads or tails!!!!

Legal tender

H
Hajduk posted on Mon, Apr 6, 2009 7:01 PM

haha

funny, the 5c doesn't exist anymore. Thats a tuatara which is still walking the earth now and it was around with the dinosaurs.
On the back of note from NZ there are native birds. On the front its dead white guys/girls expect the $5 note has Sir edmund who was the 1st person to reach the top of Mt Everest, he died last year.

the 10c now bronze coloured, The coins use to be massive the 50c was huge thinking about it now.

Some very cool new paper money bills from Easter Island.

DC

Pages: 1 18 replies