Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

MauiTiki's Attempt to carve a Tiki

Pages: 1 2 53 replies

J

On 2008-12-25 16:06, MauiTiki wrote:

Nice! Great for a first.

We'll need to see the progress on your bigger log.

B

Braddah.. that is one killa tiki you carved.. and only with power tools... nice..! I like the way you did the mouth and teeth.. xlnt..
One of these days I'm going to give it a try...
I'd like to carve two 6-7' kine for our lanai.. If they came out half as good I would happy..

M

On 2009-01-07 18:27, beachbumz wrote:
I'd like to carve two 6-7' kine for our lanai.. If they came out half as good I would happy..

I'd help you out! The hard part is finding the palm wood. At 6-7 feet they would be so heavy you'd need a forklift to move them until they dried completely.

B

Wow Maui, MORE than Great for your first, He is AWESOME, now you gotta do another one. SWEET!

M

On 2009-01-08 13:31, Benzart wrote:
Wow Maui, MORE than Great for your first, He is AWESOME, now you gotta do another one. SWEET!

I'm not 100% happy with the final stain. It makes it look like redwood. I talked with Gecko and he gave me some ideas to make it darker and add a more protective finish.

I've got two logs waiting to go. I'm working on designs now. I'll keep you posted when I get them started.

T

Nice design and great work, seems there's hope for the rest of us to get to this level. I can't wait to see the big 'uns as they progress.

Pages: 1 2 53 replies