Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mai Tai and Coco Loco at Tiki Ti on Friday 7/20, and Tiki Farm Big Ol' Bash on Saturday 7/21

Pages: 1 13 replies

MT

Coco Loco and I will be heading down to the Tiki Ti this Friday 7/20. Here's our itinerary:

Coco Loco has a business meeting in San Jose on Friday morning, which should be over around 11:30am or so. While she's in the meeting, I'm gonna kill some time by checking out that new Kwik-E-Mart in Mountain View, and hopefully pick up some Frosted Krusty O's, Pink Frosted Donuts, and Buzz Soda. From what I hear, they don't sell Duff Beer - Doh!!! As soon as Maria's meeting is over, we will hit I-5 from San Jose, and head straight for the Tiki Ti.

I know that a couple other NorCal TC'ers will be there as well, including Tikitastic and friends, and they should arrive there right after opening on Friday. Coco Loco and I should arrive not too long after that, depending on how bad traffic is. Anyone want to meet us there?

We will most likely spend Friday night in Thousand Oaks. And we plan on hitting Oceanic Arts on Saturday late morning before they close at 1pm. And we're gonna hit the Tiki Farm Big Ol' Bash on Saturday evening, where Coco Loco and I will work a shift at the Mai Tai dispenser. We'll sleep it off at my friend Terri's place, which is right across the street from the Farm in San Clemente. On Sunday we'll have a nice leisurely trip home, hitting Hi Time Wine in Costa Mesa on the way back.

See ya this weekend!!!

Are you guys okay after the earthquake?

Did your Fish Trap Lamp fall on your head? :o

You kids are traveling fools! It's friggin awesome.

T

I heard Terri was also having an after hours RAVE at her place across the street . Is this true ?

S

Have fun at Tiki Ti (be still my heart!) and at the Bash!

Suzanne

I'll see if I can make it to the Ti -- Friday are pretty tough, but it would be great to see you two! It's been too long.

Man that earthquake WOKE us up! It was considered mild at 4.6...but being 5 miles from the epicenter makes a big difference. It really shook rattled and rolled. But all is well. No breakages that we're aware of. And the tapa lamp is still hanging. :)

On 2007-07-20 08:30, Bora Boris wrote:
Are you guys okay after the earthquake?

Did your Fish Trap Lamp fall on your head? :o

Glad to hear you two are OK after the quake. When those babies hit you can only hope your museum wax holds onto your precious collectibles.

Have fun on your trip...it sounds like a blast!!! :)

It's always fun when Mai Tai and Coco Loco come to town.

This time was especially good.

I love you Coco Loco! :)

Glad I got to meet up! This is the only pic I took at the Tiki Ti.

J

And here are a couple I took:

Bora Boris and Mai Tai ...

Hanford, Mai Tai, Tikitastic and his friend, Megan (sp?)

Bora Boris and Megan ...

The NorCal boys and one honorary northerner (I have no idea what happened to Mai Tai's shirt, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to know :o)

The NorCal ladies and one honorary northerner (I know I have reverse raccoon face here, but I had just finished driving 6 hours in the sun, in a convertible, wearing really good sunglasses)

Hanford Lemoore, Coco Loco, Bora Boris, Humuhumu, and Mai Tai

I just noticed how many Ray's Mistakes there are in these pictures!

I like how in each picture I'm clearly concentrating on hiding my double chin yet there it is! Bah!

Salad for dinner tonight.

J

Did you and Mai Tai actually drink your drinks, or just wear them?

Also, I'm gonna start calling you guys the "Glasses and Goatees Gang!"

Pages: 1 13 replies