Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TO 07 Official Kid's "Chill Out Room"

Pages: 1 13 replies

D

A few of you may recall the kids coloring room at the Tiki Farm Parking Lot sale. Well Paula will be doing it again at TO this year. Paula is a Special Ed Teacher and for some silly reason is missing having kids around her this summer.

The Paradise Room has been reserved from 11am-4pm on Saturday. Paula and Pirate Chick (Ilene) and a few others will be on hand in the room for the kids to come in out of the heat to "Chill Out" a bit. There will be coloring pages, stories and a little time to just relax for the kids. This is a FREE activity for the kids. This is the first year we have tried this so things may change on Saturday as we work it out. You can come in and drop your little one off for up to 30 minutes or stay in the room with them. If kids are dropped off you must sign them in and out and leave a cell phone number in case you need to be contacted. All kids must be potty trained if they are dropped off.

There will be coloring pages from a few of your favorite TC artists including Squid and Ken Ruzic. Rumor has it we may have a special guest or two stopping in to read and sing a few songs with the kids as well.

We will have cold water and Tiki Punch on hand for the kids. If you have a sipper cup please bring it along.

Please PM me if you have interest in using the room so we get an idea of how many kids we may get.

"DISCLAIMER""Please keep in mind that we will be working with and watching your kids but Tiki Oasis nor its agents will be held responsible for children left unattended.

On 2007-07-30 15:35, dibroc wrote:
A few of you may recall the kids coloring room at the Tiki Farm Parking Lot sale. Well Paula will be doing it again at TO this year. Paula is a Special Ed Teacher and for some silly reason is missing having kids around her this summer.

The Paradise Room has been reserved from 11am-4pm on Saturday. Paula and Pirate Chick (Ilene) and a few others will be on hand in the room for the kids to come in out of the heat to "Chill Out" a bit. There will be coloring pages, stories and a little time to just relax for the kids. This is a FREE activity for the kids. This is the first year we have tried this so things may change on Saturday as we work it out. You can come in and drop your little one off for up to 30 minutes or stay in the room with them. If kids are dropped off you must sign them in and out and leave a cell phone number in case you need to be contacted. All kids must be potty trained if they are dropped off.

There will be coloring pages from a few of your favorite TC artists including Squid and Ken Ruzic. Rumor has it we may have a special guest or two stopping in to read and sing a few songs with the kids as well.

We will have cold water and Tiki Punch on hand for the kids. If you have a sipper cup please bring it along.

Please PM me if you have interest in using the room so we get an idea of how many kids we may get.

"DISCLAIMER""Please keep in mind that we will be working with and watching your kids but Tiki Oasis nor its agents will be held responsible for children left unattended.

This was a major hit at Tiki Farm and Paula is a pro (literally). If you're on the fence because you've got kids, don't be... they were all singing & telling stories & when we had our last "Bash", kids showed up nearly in tears 'cause we hadn't set this up & Paula jumped in w/the necessary tools to make it happen and there were little smiles as a result.

that is so cool of her to do that.
what a trooper.

I am told I am very good with kids, but inside my head,I'm thinking.
get me outta here.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S

On 2007-07-30 22:21, bigtikidude wrote:
that is so cool of her to do that.
what a trooper.

I am told I am very good with kids, but inside my head,I'm thinking.
get me outta here.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

"Miss Paula! Miss Paula! BTD is coloring outside the lines!"

Hey Squid,
I heard the reason you had to shave your head was that Kinny
got his gum all stuck your hair. such the little kids indeed.
I did say gum folks.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-07-30 22:45 ]

I heard Squid had to shave is head cause BTD cut off his ponytail at nap time with the kindergarten scissors hee hee :D
p.s. Paula rules..

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-07-31 00:35 ]

I would never cut off anyones pony tail, I feel that Long hair is endagerd species, and should be protected.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

"endagerd species"?
I think someone should put Jeff BTD in a corner until he gets his spelling correct!
Paula Rocks by the way! :)

T

BTD and LLT are both hair farmers.

On 2007-07-31 22:23, bigtikidude wrote:
I would never cut off anyones pony tail, I feel that Long hair is endagerd species, and should be protected.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

One exception BTD, if it's a long mullet style then I think you'd be doing someone a favor by chasing them down with a pair of scissors. Long hair on a dude is cool if it's all one length.

BAD!

WAY BETTER:

Will JR. MAI TAIS OR MARTINIS BE SERVER TO THE KIDS?
JUST WONDERING, I MAY NEED TO DROP IN AND CHILL!
TONY "MARTINI KING"
On 2007-07-30 15:35, dibroc wrote:

D
dibroc posted on Sat, Aug 4, 2007 5:10 PM

I am afraid that we will be serving Hawaiian Punch to the kiddies, no mai tais. Tony of you have a few minutes to chill out would be great if you stopped in with your guitar, never too early to influence a few new fans.

T

That sounds great - we would love to bring our 3 1/2 year old by. Thanks

D
dibroc posted on Tue, Aug 7, 2007 9:22 AM

Grog, The Devil-Ettes, and Von Franco have added coloring pages for the kids room. There will be some small surprise gifts for the the kiddies so come early.

Pages: 1 13 replies