Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki-Ray's 6 foot Marquesan cannibal

Pages: 1 2 81 replies

Nicely done dude! Christmas day with Flexall 454?

Way to go TR!!! Skate til your 100!

B

Tiki Ray is a stud!!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 26, 2007 12:09 AM

On 2007-12-24 22:14, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Well , I did it !!!!!!!!!

Not bad for a 46 year old carver . Now I have to go back to my heating pad

You forgot to mention the Somas and the little asian masseusse who walks on your back! Don't worry, we'll all come visit you in the nursing home! hee hee hee Besides, I hear Grog is great at giving sponge baths!

WooHoo!! Cool Board. Don't forget to wear your helmet!!! :wink:

T

I swear , Grog was the closest . Im feeling it in my lower back today .I might have to hang that trick up !

Flexall, once you get past the minty scent you'll feel much better! And wash your hands after applying it!

S

Nice Ray, ya i would hang up that trick.

T

Heres my latest called " The Widower " Moms gone and Dad is stuck with the kid . Feel his pain !

T
teaKEY posted on Sat, Feb 9, 2008 7:14 PM

very original and very well done

No White Walls!!

B
Babalu posted on Sat, Feb 9, 2008 9:02 PM

You da man! Great design!

GREAT job Ray, you are a true insperation tosomeone like me who is only starting to carve. Love your design and clean lines with old school design. Thanks for sharing!!

B

Excellent tiki T-Ray, I Love the paint work, definitely brings up a Good Old time Feelin'. That Skateboard is Awesome too. I can see why you are riding it upside down. Everyone thinks you were showing off but it's the onl;y way you can ride it and Really see what it looks like on the road! :lol: NICE!
What else you got hiding out there?

Ray, GREAT expressions on the Widower and baby!

S

Very Nice, Great experssions and line coming out!

H
harro posted on Mon, Feb 11, 2008 5:00 AM

love the Widower Ray. Hell I love everything in this thread - top work!!

extra cred points for the tiki skateboad and the handstand pic too.

cheers,
harro.

Way Cool Ray!
I like this one a lot....He seems to flow more than previous ones!
The curves,sweeping lines and the little painted details are KEY!
Plus the concept and the cuteness of the lil tiki baby!
Is he attached to the Widower guy or removeable?
This new piece just upped your skills a notch!
Way Cool Ray!

Very cool design. Luv it!

C

Wow Ray!! Very inspired design! Love it! (and feel for him a little too, he is so sad!)
congrats!

Man your good! I am impressed and inspired. Gotta finish my latest carve soon.

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2008-02-26 20:27 ]

B
BigToe posted on Wed, Mar 5, 2008 2:49 PM

soooooooooooo good! grats brother.

Aloha TIKI-RAY!!! Very cool skateboard and excellent carvings,thanks for sharin, aloha, Mooney

Hey, you need to post your tiki shift knobs aka keg taps!

Im doing a few commisions for a private collector . This is a 6 foot Marquesan cannibal I just finished . I still have to carve the owners head and mount it on a spear . Check it out .

Nicely done Ray!

How are those t-shirts coming?

Jen

Most, most outstanding Tiki. I love to see some original work with such a high order of craftmanship and skill. The originality is a real delicacy. The owners head on the spear is hilarious! Looking forward to your post of the finished spear and owners head....... sweeeeet.

[ Edited by: Tikilizard 2008-06-21 12:04 ]

Nice job Ray. I like everything except the teeth. I agree with Lizard, nice original work. What kind of wood?

T

Im too busy to do shirts right now . And the wood is Mexican Fan Palm except for the white pine teeth . The person who is paying me is into the fierce and somewhat morbid scary kind of art which can be cool too . And if he is paying me to install large sharp choppers , so be it . Its kinda like a tattoo artist does . You talk to the customer to get a feel of his personality and adapt to it .
Thanks for the compliments .

S

Can't wait to see the head on the spear.

On 2008-06-21 11:34, TIKI-RAY wrote:

I still have to carve the owners head and mount it on a spear..

Nice stylisation Tiki-Ray! Is this based on a real example or your own invention? And did I read the above correctly - the owner wants it to hold his own skewered head..?? Classic!

PT

Aloha!

Great stuff! Sounds like it should be an interesting piece for his visitors.

-Cheers :drink:

T

Yes , he wants his own severed head mounted on a spear . And the design was a little of both meeting in the middle .

Pages: 1 2 81 replies