Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Warning: Tiki Central may still be having problems

Pages: 1 21 replies

Hi all,

This weekend, the servers Tiki Central is hosted on started to have some intermittent problems. I was out of town and not on the web at all so I didn't know about it until yesterday. Regardless, there was nothing I could do; it's my hosting services' problem to deal with.

Last night I saw firsthand how maddening it was to have TC running intermittently ... you might be able to write a post, but not be able to post it, etc. So I decided to take TC completely offline until it was solved.

Well, I am not convinced the problem is completely solved since it was intermittent; but my tests showed it to be pretty stable. So I'm opening it back up. But be warned: You may type our a long, insightful, and detailed reply, only to TC blank out on you when you go to post. If you're worried about that, compose your reply in Notepad or whatever, then copy and paste it into TC.

Thanks for hanging in there with me ....

~Hanford

I was making templates on Ooga-Mooga last night, and every time I went to update, everything was deleted. I thought it was my new computer, so I was blaming it on stupid Vista, but then I saw that TC was having issues too.

Thanks for all the hard work you do to keep this site running Hanford.

A

Glad it's back. I was going through some serious withdrawls.

P
Paipo posted on Tue, Aug 28, 2007 4:42 PM

On 2007-08-28 16:09, hanford_lemoore wrote:

Thanks for hanging in there with me ....

~Hanford

Thanks for all the work you and Humumumu do to keep this site and the others running. This place has had a massive influence on my creative practice.

Its amazing how addicted we are/ I am.... to the TC site. I agree with Paipo, TC is such a strong creative influence to me. I love the opportunity it provides to communicate with others with similar interests and others with dynamic abilities!

Thank you Hanford, Humuhumu and all those who are involved with maintaining and operating this extremely personally valuable site! I waste a lot of time on the internet... I don't feel any time of mine is wasted, when I visit Tiki Central! Thank you!

Yes indeed Hanford...a great big THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all the hard work you do to maintain this board. It is home for me and I miss it when it is down, but truly understand the issues that can occur and know you will do the best you can to preserve all the posts/pictures and stuff that is our LIFE. :)

On 2007-08-28 17:33, jpmartdog wrote:
Its amazing how addicted we are/ I am.... to the TC site. I agree with Paipo, TC is such a strong creative influence to me. I love the opportunity it provides to communicate with others with similar interests and others with dynamic abilities!

Thank you Hanford, Humuhumu and all those who are involved with maintaining and operating this extremely personally valuable site! I waste a lot of time on the internet... I don't feel any time of mine is wasted, when I visit Tiki Central! Thank you!

WHEW! DITTO!

Ditto the Above as well!
is that a double-ditto?
Thank you Hanford and Humu
for all your dedication and hard work!
you guys Rock my Roll! :D

D

what they all said. thanks for the site.

wouldnt that be ditto squared! my whole entire computer crashed yesterday and I lost all of my art photos. Thank tiki I have some of them here on TC Dawn

R

I'm so glad TC is back, I agree with everyone above, thanks fer all your hard work! Thank you for TC! :D

On 2007-08-28 18:32, little lost tiki wrote:
Ditto the Above as well!
is that a double-ditto?
Thank you Hanford and Humu
for all your dedication and hard work!
you guys Rock my Roll! :D

Dude.

It's " You guys Rock and Roll!!!"

Not. "Rock my Roll!"

Leave "Rocking your Roll" up to Terrill the back goddess!!!

TL

Hanford and Humuhuma:

oh thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides that, the spell check did an interesting word-scramble a few minutes ago: when returning from spell check, words that had been highlighted were all switched around!
It made for some interesting possibilities, but I was afraid no one would make sense of the message, so I rewrote.

And did I mention: thank you?

H

Ditto all the posts above this one :D

Just to let you know that I still can't post a reply in the CHILL thread in Beyond Tiki . Something still funky there .

S

Thank You Hanford & Humu, I am grateful. Funny how we depend on little things, I needed a address I keep in my messages, I couldn't retrieve it. Always best to tuck things in off line files. My Bad... P.S. Kate I like my Vista, how's it for everyone?

A day without Tiki Central is like a day without Sunshine!

Thanks for all you do Hanford....this mai tai is for you!

Funny the things one takes for granted. My TC time is my "Me" time and exploring here is a relaxing part of my day.
You are SUPERCALAFRAGALISTICISPYALADOTIUOS! Thanks!

Indded it has! I get "Safari can't open this page"and"bad gateway" messsages trying to post right now! :(

Now I know this is an addiction. A healthy one.

I was unable to change a title on a previous post of my own on the Marketplace thread.

Thank you for all you do for all of us, Wendy

I usually copy and paste from Notepad anyway. If it doesn't go, which it isn't today, I just save the message as a txt file in the TC folder on my HD. One of these days the Voodoo will be exorcised and I'll post them then.

I join all in thanking you for keeping TC rolling Hanford. Though I've been a member since 02 I've just been able time-wise to start utilizing the site. The only thing I've noticed is that I've sent in my support for the Grand Member status but it still doesn't show on my postings. No biggy as it's the support that counts. Thanks again for your hard work on keeping things going.

J'Jim

Pages: 1 21 replies