Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Panda, Roller Derby & Rum -- this Saturday!!!

Pages: 1 8 replies

Saturday @ 5pm I will be hosting tiki drinks @ my tiki bar in Los Gatos....then off to San Jose for roller derby, YES! -- real roller derby!!! More info on the roller derby match @ the SJ Civic Center can be found at:

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/9473

Send me a PM if you are interested in rum/tiki drink beforehand.

Roller Derby....that reminds me of when I was a little kid...my Mom watched that show faithfully. It actually was fairly entertaining. We used to whoop and holler when one of the gals would reach behind her and swing another one forward, only to be thwarted by the other team's gals linked together to keep anyone behind them....then suddenly the aggressor would bend down and slip through the line between someone's legs and win the round. I already have plans for this weekend, or I would be very tempted to join you....have fun!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Panda!
Kick some Ass for the Ohana!
I was addicted to Roller Derby in the 70's as a pre-teen/teenager in Illinois!
Glad to see the lost art going thru a revival!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Panda!

P
panda posted on Fri, Sep 7, 2007 12:46 PM

awesome! everyone in the area should try and make it because it's going to be really fun. here are some pictures from our last game.

yah!
panda

H
Heath posted on Fri, Sep 7, 2007 4:16 PM

Sounds like a blast! Unfortunately I'm a little south of the Bay Area.
Luckily this is what we've got down here, http://www.derbydolls.com/sd/ .

Panda I would love to see you in action. I remember the old T-Birds from the 70's as a kid.

Whooaa Nelly! Who could forget Dick Lane and the L.A. T-Birds?

L.A. T-Birds Rollergames

[ Edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2007-09-08 01:28 ]

M

I used to love roller derby and have been wanting to check out the new leagues. I was tempted to go Saturday, but time slipped away from me. Next time for sure!

too bad! You missed this......

I'm gonna try and go NEXT time! :D

Pages: 1 8 replies