Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

***Tonga Hut Art Show! Sat. Sept. 29th! Save the Date!****

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 205 replies

R

:lol: LOL! Freakin hi-larious!

R

R

Hope I see some guys break out into graceful dancing like this.

:lol:
:D

NOW were KOOKIN

Man in need of some Smoke and Drinks

R

You fellas better watch out fer dem Stripper Cops

this post finally got some balls!

this post finally got some balls!

you mean...
this post has really gone over the deep end! :lol:

Please come watch SuburbanPagan dance a Jig on this Special night!

R

this art show looks like it'll be outta control! :lol:!

i wish i were an egg...

R

Also your FACE is an Egg!

I wish I were an Egg.

DON'T MAKE FUN OF MAH DREAMS!!!

[ Edited by: ravenne 2007-09-29 09:54 ]

YOU GUYS ROCK LOVE THEM PIC,SSSSSSSSS

G
GROG posted on Sat, Sep 29, 2007 12:14 PM

Allright, everybody be sure and check your calendars, because the TONGA HUT ART SHOW is
TONIGHT!!!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Sep 29, 2007 12:16 PM

OOPS!!!!!! GROG meant THIS calendar!!!!!!!

B

R

You guys better wear yer HAWT Chippendale costumes!

:D :D :D

OK! off to the bank I go :music:

Now thats a Bar , HR,S and Counting , im gonna try to find my Smokey the Bear Hat

H

I'm in.

R

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poooost!

Don't ferget people! the time is close!

I will be setting up closer to the 6 pm side of 4 to 6 pm!

I know that Jimmy is the real Squirrel fan,
but thanks for all the pics, they had me rollin.
especially the squirrel bar.
now thats what I'm talking about.

I'll be there around 9 ish.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

SEE YOU ALL THERE!

P

I think I may hit the Safari Room for dinner before the show. See y'all at the Tonga in a couple or three hours.

So how did the Tyger Jymmy Intervention sound?

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-09-30 12:03 ]

R

That was so much fun! I really hope someone took pictures, because silly me fergot...!

:lol:

Thanks Grog & Susie fer puttin this art show together! :D It was fuun!

Had a great time! DJ Lee was perfect and sitting at the bar chatting to a few people was really fun.

My only misstep was ordering a Blue Hawaiian, not realizing it would have milk added! It was. . . interesting, but not very good for my belly.

Y'all looked mahvelous!

The Tonga Hut Shows are always fun, I had a good time last night. Thank you Atomikitty, Grog and everyone at the Tonga Hut for giving me a reason to leave my apartment.

The Tacky Tiki / Suburban Pagan booth.

Kirby (with the always HILARIOUS middle finger :roll:), Ravenne and Little Lost Tiki in a SUIT! No Tie?

The Little Lost Tiki Store.

Left: Johnnie Velour with one of his amazing bowls. Now the property of Tiki-Kate.
Right: Me with my Johnnie Velour Clam Shell.

PolynesianPop, Tiki Diablo and Mrs. Tiki Diablo.

Tikiyaki and DJ Lee at the Tonga Hut's Wall of Sound.

Seco, Jonpaul, Stephanie and Big Tiki Dude.

Tiki-Kate, Hiphipahula, Tyger Jimmy and Atomikitty.

Grog, Stephanie and Me.

PiPhiRho and his Monte Cristo.

The End.

P

Monte Christo! I thought I was ordering a cigar. Imagine my surprise when this huge deep fried sandwich showed up. I don't think I will eat again for three days, and I still have half the thing left.

Great pictures Boris. (I loves my Hiphipahula. :D)

This was certainly the best time I've ever had at a Tonga Hut Art Show. There was a fabulous crowd last night. Plus, I've always longed to own a Johnnie Velour bowl.

Thanks, Ernie and Suzy, for a wonderful evening.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Sep 30, 2007 6:47 PM

GROG glad ya'll had fun.

GROG's ears still bleeding from how loud DJ Lee was rocking the joint.

Thanks to all the artists for coming and showing/selling their wares, and the Tonga Hut and bartenders and especially thank you to Suzy Atomikitty for everything you do to make this such a nice and enjoyable event for everybody.

That was pretty fun! Didn't get to abandon my booth too often but it looked like a lot of folks showed up! It is always fun at these things,meeting new people and catching up with folks! A big hug and mahalos to Hiphipahula,Tiki-Kate,Ravenne,and Trader Tom's lovely wife Ileen(did i spell it right?) for bravely watching my table while i would smoke a whole cigarette outside! Thanks for enabling me! Thank you,Thank you, Thank you Ernie,Susie,the Tonga Hut,and everyone who displayed and attended! I know a lotta people there who travelled a loooooooooong way to attend this thing....THANK YOU!
Favorite things of the night.....
signing "Don't Taze me,Bro!' on a few mugs,etc/Stephanie's INCREDIBLE diorama display for Danny's mugs!/Vandalizing Pagan's business cards! (he was doing it too!)/Ernie bringing that Carne Asada dry burrito so i could fill me tummy...HipHip got hers wet and it just looked all gross and yecchy! teehee!/Danny's PNG mug hand-painted in brown that TikiKate swept up-freakin beautiful...Perfect!/Finding out my TIKIALPHABET is going to hang in a nursery! :D/TikiRay hooking me up with one of those pencil small dremel attachments(Thanks man!) T-Ray won an award on Friday...ask him about it!/finally meeting the infamously cool Johnnie Velour and the two musical maniacs Seco and Tikiyaki!/Atomikitty's waaaaaaaaay cool Keane-style Hula Kids! Very Sweet!:D
Thanks again for inviting us all to be in this show...
A nice warm-up for the Tiki Magazine show in about a month!
Remind me never to wear a suit to these things....

On 2007-09-30 18:48, little lost tiki wrote:
That was pretty fun! Didn't get to abandon my booth too often but it looked like a lot of folks showed up! It is always fun at these things,meeting new people and catching up with folks! A big hug and mahalos to Hiphipahula,Tiki-Kate,Ravenne,and Trader Tom's lovely wife Ileen(did i spell it right?) for bravely watching my table while i would smoke a whole cigarette outside! Thanks for enabling me! Thank you,Thank you, Thank you Ernie,Susie,the Tonga Hut,and everyone who displayed and attended! I know a lotta people there who travelled a loooooooooong way to attend this thing....THANK YOU!
signing "Don't Taze me,Bro!' on a few mugs,etc/Stephanie's INCREDIBLE diorama display for Danny's mugs!/Vandalizing Pagan's business cards! (he was doing it too!)/Ernie bringing that Carne Asada dry burrito so i could fill me tummy...HipHip got hers wet and it just looked all gross and yecchy! teehee!/Danny's PNG mug hand-painted in brown that TikiKate swept up-freakin beautiful...Perfect!/Finding out my TIKIALPHABET is going to hang in a nursery! :D/TikiRay hooking me up with one of those pencil small dremel attachments(Thanks man!) T-Ray won an award on Friday...ask him about it!/finally meeting the infamously cool Johnnie Velour and the two musical maniacs Seco and Tikiyaki!/Atomikitty's waaaaaaaaay cool Keane-style Hula Kids! Very Sweet!:D
Thanks again for inviting us all to be in this show...
A nice warm-up for the Tiki Magazine show in about a month!
Remind me never to wear a suit to these things....

On 2007-09-30 18:48, little lost tiki wrote:
Danny's PNG mug hand-painted in brown that TikiKate swept up-freakin beautiful...

Actually, Kelly bought that. Sadly, I had to control my shopping impulses for the most part.

On a Quick note it was Realy kool seein everyone , Realy kool Drink menue the Squirrle Drink Rock Thanks Suzy , Kool Suit Ken . any ways Hava Great Week everyone .

H

It was nice seeing all of you guys. Ken you are crazy and that is why I like you :) :) PhiPhiRho, I just came back from Du-Par's, I saw that sandwich on the menu, I was wondering if I should try it. I didn't hahaha. Grog the music was beyond loud I have no idea what anyone said to me last night. And I just love my Tiki Diablo's el Jibaro...

was Boris the only one with a camera last Saturday?

A Big MAHALO to everyone who came out to support and participated in the Tonga Hut Art Show!

What a BLAST!

If you missed it I should hope you are kicking yourself as we speak.

Little Lost Tiki shared his altered reality with all of us in an impressive and vibrant display. Like a peacock on acid.
His proliferation of paintings are amazing and his new mug set is beautiful and oh so tactile!
A am happy to say I am now the proud owner of a LLT original- The Native! I love it!
Also, he was wearing a snazzy zazzy suit!

Tiki Diablo and his lovely lady Steph always impress with their lava island mug display diorama, and the new hand painted work is gorgeous!

The elusive Johnny Velour made a rare appearance with even rarer handmade, hand-fired one of a kind lava bowls and mugs! He has a line of raku glazed poison bottles on the way, so look out!

The always suave Tacky Tiki (Suburban Pegan) had a glowing display of canvass prints and weeping tiki candles. That's one talented dude.

Seco from the Martini Kings-looking fabulous is a screaming orange Hawaiian shirt and snug white bell bottoms-shared some of his cool art with us as well as vending CD's and Camp Burlesque videos. Another multi-talented cat!

TikiYaki Orchestra mastermind Jim shared his amazing new CD with us, and we kicked off the show listening to the smooth and sexy sounds. I can't wait to hear it LIVE!!!

DJ Lee put on an amazing set, and had the whole place dancing from 9 to 1 AM!!!

A big thanks to Grog for helping me put another art show together, and for being the take out order guy for all the starving artists. :)

A big Mahalo to the Tonga Hut for allowing us to take over the bar for another night! :)

Here's a picture of my newest paintings that I finished just in time for the show (we are talking about an HOUR before I had to go set up!)
Bamboo framed prints of the set will be available very soon, so please contact me if you are interested.

Thanks everyone!!! Share your pictures if you took any-I know there were more shutter bugs than just Boris. . .!

T

Thanx Suzy and grog for having me out to this event. I had a great time.

Thanx to my good friend DJ Lee for spinning the tuneage, but no thanx for for the increasing volume as the night went on....Man, I was right next to the speaker, and my now tinitus is actin up somethin awful (yes, I have tinitus....occupational hazard)

Thanx to the Tonga Hut for hosting a great event....Man, blow out a wall so the Tikiyaki Orchestra can play a show there :)

It was nice seeing everyone WITHOUT their photoshopped squirrel bodies :o

A great night indeed.

Oh, and a BIG Mahalo to all the folks who bought CD's. Another day with the lights on...Much appreciated. :D

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2007-10-01 21:06 ]

Polly displays a Johnny Velour Raku Glazed Poison Bottle.

C

We enjoyed the tasty Tonga Hut drinks!

I love Monkeys and Big Eyed art!

My fav Martini King & his lovely wife! We're practically neighbors!

Happy Birthday Tonga Hut! I hope they have another Car-B-Q soon! They always grill the best burgers!

On 2007-10-01 22:39, Bora Boris wrote:
Polly displays a Johnny Velour Raku Glazed Poison Bottle.

That's not a raku glaze. I didn't bring any of my raku pieces that night. I'll post some later, when I get some good colors happinin.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 205 replies