Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Central's Tiki Crawl 7 is Nov. 8th-11th! UPDATE: Mug release at FI, Webcast announcement

Pages: 1 2 3 4 145 replies

I've figured out my transportation for the Crawl -

Have you?

J

On 2007-10-04 23:39, Bora Boris wrote:

Have you?

Remind me to stay off the road when you two are on it! :o

MT

I call shotgun! 8)

M

TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS:

Here are a few places to call for transportation ideas. While the exact schedule is not yet set, you can get started with this rule of thumb:

Friday will start in the late afternoon and be in San Francisco only
Saturday will start in the mid afternoon and be in the East Bay only

Thurs & Sun are pending.

1. Bauer’s Limo
    http://www.bauerslimo.com/

Bauer’s Limo provided the giant bus for several years for the crawl. They have a huge fleet of vehicles in all sizes and styles. Check out their site for more info. Even a motorized cable car if you want to freeze you ass off.

1. Airport Commuter
    http://www.airportcommuter.com/fleet.htm

I have used them in the past for a shuttle bus and they’ve been great. Also a large fleet selection.

Here’s a few more:

http://www.sfbayarealimo.com/vehicle/browse.cfm?CFID=15900901&CFTOKEN=97035478

(their limo bus has a potty!)

http://www.elitelimousineinc.com/san_francisco_limousine_fleet.htm

Taxies will be abundant in San Francisco- grab a group and there’s no problem. The East Bay can be tougher, but it’s not impossible.

If you want to do the shuttle, then I suggest you get started asap on booking. It’s a great way to travel worry free and a lot of fun- the party never stops!

J

On 2007-10-05 09:27, martiki wrote:
If you want to do the shuttle, then I suggest you get started asap on booking. It’s a great way to travel worry free and a lot of fun- the party never stops!

I've already got a limo on hold, but without exact start and end times on Saturday, I can't really commit since they'll re-quote depending on the number of hours. Also, depending on the start and end locations, I may not need the car from the very beginning to the very end. I really need Saturday's schedule before I can solidify anything. Hopefully, we'll get that information soon enough to secure transportation, which can book up early for a Saturday. hint, hint, Hanford

Pretty slick wheels there Boris.

And Mai Tai, my little orange monster's plates ended up being MaiTai4. I took too long to pick up the plates I originally ordered, so they were destroyed. So, fortunately, the name of my favorite drink was still available along with my lucky number!

I'm really gonna see if I can swing the crawl, but I've been hemmoraging money left and right lately.

On 2007-10-04 23:39, Bora Boris wrote:

Have you?

Is that an Ural? I loves me an Ural.

So by providing our own transportation, this event will not sell out?

I'm actually in SF those days for a conference, so I'm IN!
I was planning on hitting Tonga room anyway...

T

The pic above looks like the same face, just more animated in the side car

CL

Well yeah?! Mai Tai and Boris are cousins. Didn't you know?

On 2007-10-11 13:46, teaKEY wrote:
The pic above looks like the same face, just more animated in the side car

Yeah, Bora Tai Oneon is their common ancestor.

I have AOL mail. Nuff said.

What is the schege for Sat. ??

I'll be in the area working or, 20 mins away in the East Bay...

N

Any shedule yet? Yes, I am getting antsy, and all eager for the Crawl!!!

Update: Locations and times for are now announced on our Locations page!

Transportation discussion starts on page 4 of this topic.

Mahalo!

Great schedule! Glad to see the south bay represented...hope the Martini Monkey works out!!! About time that Notch, myself and the girls have a tiki event in our backyards instead of our weekly treks up the bay to Forbidden Island to get our tiki on.

WOOO HOOO... Less than a month away!
Can't wait, this should be a great weekend.
Aloha,
:tiki:

OKAY! We can't make Thursday in South Bay. :( But, Friday in the City, YES. And Saturday in East Bay, YES. Now, hotels... We are thinking about staying in the City on Friday night, and Alameda on Saturday night at the Marina Village Inn. Any ideas / suggestions on a (quiet) place in the City for Friday? Anyone else spending Friday night in a SF hotel, stumbling distance from Trader Vic's?

Thanks for the lineup Hanford!! Great choices once again.

Aloha
Myke

N

You can count me in for Thu,Fri,Sat for the Tiki Crawl and it's going to be Awesome Time's!!!

Yo Tikitastic, are we gonna have the shark head with us??? Man that would be cool...

See ya all soon!!!!

Notch out!!!

I know the Fairmont Hotel San Francisco is expensive (after all that's where the Tonga Room is located), but they are offering rooms at around $200 per night (including breakfast) for their "100 Year Anniversary" special. Most hotels around San Francisco are at least $175 per night, so I figure the additional cost to stay at the Fairmont (which includes breakfast!) is a great deal. But watch out for that Parking fee!

Myke

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2007-10-24 15:14 ]

M
mig posted on Thu, Oct 25, 2007 3:16 PM

I'll be around but I may not be able to make it on the main nights (Friday/Saturday). :( We'll see, I'm one of the few people who have made every one! Plus I might get to meet the infamous Tiki Chris!

-mig

S

yup, sadly, I'm not making it down either.
Never missed one, even flew in for just an overnighter once.
DRAT!
Y'all have fun for me, and have one of those big ol ice cream
drinkies at Trad'r Sam's.
:(

S

Pea, you aren't going? Wow. I guess I don't feel quite so bad being stuck in Texas now...

Suzanne

B

The Boys - one + Dave are planning on Saturday maybe some stops on Friday but we will have to see.

On 2007-10-26 17:12, suzanne wrote:
Pea, you aren't going? Wow. I guess I don't feel quite so bad being stuck in Texas now...

Suzanne

Yeah, unfortunately it wasnt enough notice for me, got way too many other things going on up North in Oct. Nov. Dec. there's no leaving for me, well, at least not till Xmas, I'll be in LA, for a couple days.

M

BREAKING NEWS!

I'm pleased to announce that we will be released a Limited Forbidden Island Edition of the Gecko/Wendy/Frankoma War God Mug at the crawl!!

Read all about it here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=26152&forum=12&0

Mahalo!

New! It looks like there's a 98% chance we'll be able to enjoy Martini Monkey on one more crawl! We've announced the times and schedule for South Bay Thursday!

J

I'm only able to meet up at the Tonga Room, then again at Trader Vic's on Friday night. Is there anyone heading back to the East Bay at the end of the night on Friday who I can ride to Alameda with? I'm trying to avoid having to drive to work that morning and pay $30 to park downtown.
Mahalos!

Misc. Updates:
I just got word from the Conga Lounge will have a $3.00 pizza slice special from Pizza Rustica during their stop at the crawl ... both veggie and combo slices. This should make it really handy to get a bite before our final stop! Thanks Conga Mike!

Kona Club has a Tiki Mug and bar glasses for $3.00 each (that's what they told me!) and they've promised me they have plenty to go around!

~Hanford

N

On 2007-11-02 15:30, JenTiki wrote:
I'm only able to meet up at the Tonga Room, then again at Trader Vic's on Friday night. Is there anyone heading back to the East Bay at the end of the night on Friday who I can ride to Alameda with? I'm trying to avoid having to drive to work that morning and pay $30 to park downtown.
Mahalos!

I can swing you by Alameda on my way home. I usually go 580 but I can go 880 and make the detour if no one else steps forward. Email me at nytshaed at ix.netcom dot com if you want to set something up.

Greetings from the Martini Monkey Bar @ San Jose Int'l Airport! Just wanted to drop by and confirm that we will indeed be a part of this year's South Bay leg of the Tiki Crawl.

The airport is running behind on implementing the new security set-up, so we will continue to be outside of the security gates until Dec. 3rd. This is great news :)

So we hope to see everyone this Thursday night at the Martini Monkey. We're proud to be a part of the Tiki Central commmunity and look forward to an evening of friends, family and fun at this Thursday's Tiki Crawl.

CHEERS!!!!

Jay Crabb
Martini Monkey Bar & Lounge
Terminal C, San Jose Int'l Airport

Hi Jay, so good to see you here on TC. Looking forward to Thurs. night.

S

I'm thinking of you all this week! I'm in opera dress rehearsals every night and we open on Friday. I'm positive that by Saturday I'll be ready for a drink, and yet will be here in Texas making my own. Have a fantastic time on the crawl everyone, and raise a glass for me at least once! When I'm not singing my heart out as Lady Capulet I'll be there with you in spirit!

Much Aloha,
Suzanne

Can't make it to the Tiki Crawl? Watch it LIVE here on Tiki Central!

Update! We've now got a downloadable PDF of the schedule available on the official website. We'll be handing them out at each stop, while supplies last.

http://www.tikiweekend.com/

MT

Okay gang, the Tiki Crawl is upon us. It's tomorrow!!! Are you excited??? Stoked?!?!? Fired up????!!!!???? I know I am! In fact, I'm heading over to Forbidden Island in just a litte while, to start off the crawl early! Anyone else gonna be there tonight?

There's gonna be some cool stuff going on at this crawl. Believe me! I can't wait to see some of the Ohana, it's gonna be good times! See ya tomorrow, if I don't see you first tonight!!! The Tiki Crawl! Wooooooooo!!! FUCK YEAH!!! Let's do it!!!!

MT

Roll Call!!! Who's in? :D

Me, but I have to know: Who put together THAT restaurant guide?!

On 2007-11-02 22:30, mmonkeysj wrote:
Greetings from the Martini Monkey Bar @ San Jose Int'l Airport! Just wanted to drop by and confirm that we will indeed be a part of this year's South Bay leg of the Tiki Crawl.

The airport is running behind on implementing the new security set-up, so we will continue to be outside of the security gates until Dec. 3rd. This is great news :)

So we hope to see everyone this Thursday night at the Martini Monkey. We're proud to be a part of the Tiki Central commmunity and look forward to an evening of friends, family and fun at this Thursday's Tiki Crawl.

CHEERS!!!!

Jay Crabb
Martini Monkey Bar & Lounge
Terminal C, San Jose Int'l Airport

This is sincerely the best news of ALL!

A
aquarj posted on Wed, Nov 7, 2007 8:54 PM

I'm hoping to come, at least to my favorite bar on Sat early eve. In the usual kind of irony I'm growing used to, the South Bay night when folks are closest to my home is also the same time that I'm furthest from my home (east coast right now).

-Randy

M

*Are you excited??? Stoked?!?!? Fired up????!!!!???? *

Well, I was. Then I ended up with a collapsed lung. The doctors sdy I'll be fine but my sucking career is over. I am just glad my parents did not live long enough to see that.

Fired up? Oh, the humanity. It went up like a Roman Candle, all chimney red and Halloween orange.

midnite

J

I'm still a little light headed from sucking all that air! Saturday we go for 9 straws!!! Who's with me?!?

MT

On 2007-11-08 00:34, midnite_tiki wrote:
The doctors sdy I'll be fine but my sucking career is over.

I'm not talking about your Tiki Bocce performance.

2 of us wine-country boys heading to the BIG CITY for some a them Mai Tais and umbrellers. Can't make Thursday's locations (hey that's tonight!!), but will be meet'n up at the Tonga Room on Friday (maybe Trad'r Sam but unlikely) and be with y'all the rest of the adventures. They serv'n Sweet & Sour possum at the Tonga Room, yet? (Sorry Thayer...)

See y'all on camera tonight! Hanford and his high-falutin ideas... Yeehaw!!

Howdy and Aloha,
Myke

N

On 2007-09-19 20:27, hanford_lemoore wrote:

Update: Locations and times available for all four days on our Locations page!

Update:Download and print your own schedule for the crawl.

When I download the Schedule, I get the Border, the Days, but not the actual places and times part? Am I the only one having this problem?

TC

Really looking forward to meeting everybody tonight! Sorry I couldn't make it to Forbidden Island with the Tiki Racer last night - sounds like y'all had a great time.

Wahoo!
Chris

When I download the Schedule, I get the Border, the Days, but not the actual places and times part? Am I the only one having this problem?

Wait for it .... it should pop up eventually (that's what happens on my computer).

M

Good to meet the racer at last. Mahalo for coming out to the island!!

I will say that you all sucked last night. :wink:

T: A menu of donuts, burgers and ice cream? Who else could it be but our own Mai Tai.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 145 replies